Vols no. 4 in USA Today Fan Index

1974Vol

4 * 2011 QB
Don't have a link it's on page 6C of the news paper. So despite everything thats afflicted this program fan support is still through the roof. Ohio State, Alabama, Oregon are 1-3 this week in the same poll.

Considering everyone in front of us has a single loss and is in contention for the playoff you could say they love us...or the poll is just an unbiased look at fan interest.

No way Oregon should be above us. I can't speak to Ohio State, but I have lived in Oregon for almost 2 decades.

For the first several years I was here, Oregon's football team ranged from fair to mediocre. As a former UT student who spent a lot of my life in the South following SEC football, I was struck by how little interest there seemed to be about college football, in general. It seemed like the one time of year you saw or heard people getting excited about it was the week of the so-called "Civil War" game between the Ducks and Beavers. And even that wasn't the spectacle that occurs at Neyland on any given Saturday in the Fall. Whatever fan interest that exists now is a direct result of Oregon being an elite team the past several seasons. Most of the Duck "fans" I encounter aren't particularly knowledgable about their team or the rest of cfb. And it's surprising how many people say they like both Oregon and Oregon State.

I know Bama has a lot of bandwagon fans now, too, but at least they have a history of a stable and loyal fanbase throughout good times and bad.

We ari will take our fans over any other fans in the country. We complain sometimes but we're always there!

Vols have loyal fans brah.. no matter how hard we are on our guys we love em.. its a family thing

Very nicely stated, and equally true. This is why so many of us whine after a loss. I think we hate for the team to lose almost as much as they do; note that I did say 'almost.'

VN Store

Back