My cool story

Ohio_Vol

So as we all know today is Thanksgiving and I hope all of you have a wonderful Holliday.

My story is about my first grade son. As you all can tell we live in Ohio and have maybe five Vol fans in my whole county. We make it down to Knoxville about twice a year for games. My son went to his first game last year and his second this year. Anyway he had his school play yesterday and had a party afterwards in which before they got to eat they had to say one thing they are thankful for. My son sits in the corner and the teacher asked him first and he said The Tennessee Voulneers football team. Of course the teacher who is a family friend started laughing and said why am I not surprised, also during the party our high school basketball coaches son (who is a big uk fan) his mother told us that he told his dad he wanted a Tennessee jersey for Christmas because Tanner always talks about how great Tennessee is.

Anyway after the party and we were on the way home I asked Tanner what he likes so much about the vols. In his words "cus they are the greatest team ever, and it's so fun to go to the games and see all the people,smokey, and see the team run throught the T" I told him but Tanner since you were born has been one of the worst times in Tennessee history of being a football team. He said "well dad I don't know much about that but when I grow up I"m going to play for Tennessee" I said oh you are. He said "yep we play football everyday at recess and I pratice and My team is always Tennessee and the other kids always want to be Ohio State but since I bring the football I get to pick the teams and at recess my team always wins."

I said that to say this.I get mad at my son from time to time just like when Tennessee plays horrible but the special times that melt your heart and your just so happy you can't explain like the Arkansas fumble game that I was at with my dad as a kid which I could still tell you where we were standing in Neyland will leave a lasting memory in your mind.

Just my cool story sorry for the length or any mistakes typed on a iPhone

Reactions: 27 people
Something about that Tennessee Orange that is infectious in the most positive way! Ohio Vol here's hoping that your son's dream comes true. With Johnny Major's rebuilding of UT from the late 1970's until the huge hole we starting to move out of now, the Vols experienced 25 or so wonderful years in a row. Hopefully by the time your son gets to college, UT will be in another one of those long successful cycles which UT is on the threshold now.

Reactions: 3 people
Ohio Vol
When boys are little and growing up, all their genuine dreams are on their sleeve for all to see. I think God made them that way to keep us in touch with what life is really about. Let him dream and he just may wear that orange one day.

Reactions: 3 people
I enjoy hearing stories of the molding of future generations of Volnation. My dad passed the love of the vols to me and I will to my son. Nothing like the generational bond of college football.

large.png

Nice story Ohio, sounds like you have a VFL on your hands.

I know exactly what you mean when you say that since your son has been born that they have not been very good. I am in the same boat here in Missouri with Mizzou fans all around.

VN Store

Back