Another 6-6 year in 2015 is possible, but have patience

1standgoal

Another 6-6 year in 2015 is possible, but have patience, because 2016 should be the year TN returns to dominance in the SEC.

We lost to UGA, Mizzou, and UF by 12 Pts combined. No way this young team only wins 6 next yr. they will be pretty good.

Reactions: 8 people
Another 6-6 year in 2015 is possible, but have patience, because 2016 should be the year TN returns to dominance in the SEC.

You have to be a troll to get this started again.

A 6-6 record next year would be subpar. UT will have talent, experience, and depth pretty much everywhere.

Reactions: 7 people
If we go 6-6 this year (and I think we will).....

a) it will be what about 50% of VN predicted (some predicted 4-8 while others 7-5 or better)
b) we will have beaten everyone we should have beaten
c) we almost beat 3 teams many thought we would not
d) we did it while starting 23 true freshman in the 2-deep rotation
e) we did this even though we lost our left tackle early in the season and QB mid-season
f) we did this and our special teams looked special for most if not all the season
g) we did this and our defense played like UT's defense of old

etc.etc.

We will be much better next year. And by "we", yes of course I mean the team....

Reactions: 2 people
UAB-W
OU
Western Carolina-W
Florida
Arkansas
Georgia
Alabama
Kentucky-W
South Carolina
North Texas- W
Missouri
Vanderbilt-W

Looks like 5 wins very likely, and I wouldn't be surprised if we were able to get 3-4 wins in the other 7 games. I can't say that any of the 7 are a lock, but I bet we can get over on some of the teams we have been close to beating/have beaten over the past few years (UF, UGA, USC, and Mizzu).

8-9 wins and top 25 next year with chance to win SEC East. Would be disappointed in 6-6.

You have to be a troll to get this started again.

A 6-6 record next year would be subpar. UT will have talent, experience, and depth pretty much everywhere.

Isn't it great that with only one recruiting class on the ground and one on the way - our expectations have risen along with our young talent. I think we are actually one year ahead of schedule and 2015 will see Tennessee headed back to elite status. Let's be thankful today for Butch and his staff and their efforts and commitment to the Big Orange cause. I will eat an extra piece of Turkey in their honor.

Reactions: 2 people

8 or 9 wins you will see. These young guys will have a year under their belt in the SEC. Then you throw in McKenzie and Tuttle at DTs and Butcher on the end. Karma to help out at RB. Preston Williams at WR. Pay back is on the way.

Reactions: 1 person
If we go 6-6 this year (and I think we will).....

a) it will be what about 50% of VN predicted (some predicted 4-8 while others 7-5 or better)
b) we will have beaten everyone we should have beaten
c) we almost beat 3 teams many thought we would not
d) we did it while starting 23 true freshman in the 2-deep rotation
e) we did this even though we lost our left tackle early in the season and QB mid-season
f) we did this and our special teams looked special for most if not all the season
g) we did this and our defense played like UT's defense of old

etc.etc.

We will be much better next year. And by "we", yes of course I mean the team....

Troof right there. Along with the poster who said we lost to GA, Fl, MO by a combined 12 pts. Maybe these games are examples of what CBJ means when he says the team needs to learn how to win. A few mistakes or missed opportunities cost them a win in these games. They will be much better next year and it's going to be fun to watch

8 is the benchmark next year IMO

This. No reason we can't hit 8 wins unless Dobbs gets injuried. Third year has been pegged as the year for evaluation and I think 8 wins is considered success, less than 8 and you have to start questioning Jones. I do think Jones has two more years regardless unless we have a crazy 5-7 year.

VN Store

Back