Bowl projections: Which do you prefer?

tennesseeduke

After we Curb Stomp Candy! In projections released this week, Tennessee currently is penciled into a few different bowls, with several projections having the Vols staying in the state of Tennessee for the holidays and a few others sending UT to neighboring states.

Here's a look at Tennessee's latest bowl projections:

CBS Sports
Belk Bowl vs. Notre Dame

ESPN's Mark Schlabach
Music City Bowl vs. Miami

ESPN's Brett McMurphy
Music City Bowl vs. Iowa

Sporting News
Heart of Dallas Bowl vs. Rutgers

Phil Steele
Music City Bowl vs. Notre Dame

SB Nation
Belk Bowl vs. Clemson

Orlando Sentinel
Birmingham Bowl vs. Memphis

Tampa Bay Times
Liberty Bowl vs. Texas

I would like Music City or Belk Bowl vs. Notre Dame

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 1 person
I would prefer the Belk Bowl. The team is already going to Nashville. Let them go somewhere else after they earn a bowl game.

SI has us in the Liberty vs WVU. Living in WV, I'd like to see that. Would be a tough matchup, but we'd win.

ND all day! Storied programs, with similar paths taken by the head coaches. Or Texas; Battle for the real UT with Strong having turned us down. Both would get huge turnouts and pub.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I want to curb stomp the Hell out of Texas. I just really do. I hate Texas. Butch knows how to out coach Charlie Strong....and it also is a school that is trying to poach our best LB recruit Cecil Cherry...just like they did Dalton Santos a couple of years ago. Let the best UT win!

Reactions: 2 people
Personally I want the best chance for a win to finish 7-6. To me a winning season is very important in the perceived progression of the program, so I guess I'd take Rutgers.

I'd like the Music City Bowl against Miami. Some good friends and I have made it a tradition for us to go to the Music City Bowl every year since we graduated high school and most of us are Vol fans. I have a special hate for Miami due to some family members being fans of them and saying Miami would run over us right now. Would love to put a beat down on them.

Personally I want the best chance for a win to finish 7-6. To me a winning season is very important in the perceived progression of the program, so I guess I'd take Rutgers.

I'd like to see us take on Notre Dame or Texas, but this is a good point, Hillbilly, so I'm leaning your direction now.

Dallas..why Nashville..I mean they will be there this weekend..which I'm going but for a bowl Nashville has nothing to offer the fans..

BTW I grew up in the area n its fun but for a bowl as a fan u can only do so much country music n then what....

VN Store

Back