SI.com projecting Vols vs WVU in Liberty

I'd love to see that. WV would be a really tough out.

6-6 is not enough for the Belk Bowl unless the SEC moves us above teams with better records, so it will be Liberty or Music City.

Reactions: 1 person
What is the pecking order? There is no way the Music City Bowl would rather have Texas A&M than Tennessee. I mean, they do care about attendance right?

Also, Bitcoin Bowl and Foster Farms Bowl? Are you kidding me?

As a fan, Id be pretty happy with Liberty or Music City and would travel to either one, and Charlotte would be nice too. Ive lived in East Tennessee my whole life and have been all over this country, but never to Memphis, so Id like to see Memphis, and I always love Nashville, and Charlotte is an awesome city too.

What is the pecking order? There is no way the Music City Bowl would rather have Texas A&M than Tennessee. I mean, they do care about attendance right?

Will they accept imaginary money at the Bitcoin Bowl?

Reactions: 3 people
6-6 is not enough for the Belk Bowl unless the SEC moves us above teams with better records, so it will be Liberty or Music City.

Actually Dave hart is lobbying hard for UT to go to Charlotte. Records won't matter in the lower bowls such as the belk bowl. The liberty bowl really wants Arkansas, and hart really wants the belk bowl for whatever reason.

There's really a Bitcoin Bowl? Now we know what that dude bought with the Silk Road money.

Reactions: 1 person
Actually Dave hart is lobbying hard for UT to go to Charlotte. Records won't matter in the lower bowls such as the belk bowl. The liberty bowl really wants Arkansas, and hart really wants the belk bowl for whatever reason.

UT wants to increase it's presence in NC for recruiting and expanding fan base I'd imagine.

What is the gain in going to Nashville or Memphis? You won't be able to segue into changing perception or exposure there like going to Charlotte.

Reactions: 3 people
UT wants to increase it's presence in NC for recruiting and expanding fan base I'd imagine.

What is the gain in going to Nashville or Memphis? You won't be able to segue into changing perception or exposure there like going to Charlotte.

Good point

This exactly. We don't need 3 trips to Nashville in 10 months.

Will they accept imaginary money at the Bitcoin Bowl?

If you had a bowl choice to play in Charlotte, Nashville, Memphis, Birmingham or St. Pete where would you want to spend your holiday...naturally Florida ... Just think playing in Tropicana Field... home of the Tampa Bay Rays baseball team...on astroturf that is blackish green and old with a crowd of about 45,000 against AAC powerhouse UCF...you would buy the first Alligient Air Flight to St. Pete/Clearwater Airport and get on down to the beach for a few days before the game...St. Pete is a up and coming party town with a bar and restaurant on every corner in its downtown area...much better than Tampa. Yeah...and there are more Vol fans in this area of the country outside of Tennessee and Atlanta area.

Come on down....its party time...forget the game. Good recruiting area for CBJ...:lolabove:

I want to play a team I know we can beat. West Virginia definitely does not fall into that category.

I would like to see that match-up.

However, I wouldn't call it a preview of a game scheduled for 2018 as none of the current players that would play in a bowl game this season would be around in 2018 (unless they redshirt one of the next 3 seasons).

Isn't it ironic.......
I will be leaving the Memphis area to travel to Morgantown WV to visit family the week after X-mas. I would miss this bowl game and the in-laws are big WVU fans.....

I would love to see this game, I think it would be a good game. I'm sure myself, and few of my WVU fan friends would make the trip down.
From a game standpoint, I'm not sure they could stop our run game. And it would depend on if they played Trickett or his back up, who seems to better, and is very mobile while being pretty accurate throwing. He could give us fits. White would be a handful too. Their special teams tho is beyond horrible.

damn they got UF way down at the bottom playing against ECU seems like we could be a little higher we got a better record then UT damn it! lol

VN Store

Back