Prayers for Eric Berry UPDATE diagnosis is Hodgkin lymphoma

GLDunlap

Just heard on the radio VFL Eric Berry out for the season for a Non-Football Illness. No details yet but must be serious to be declared out for the season.

Lets send our prayers to him and let him know we have love for him! Get well soon EB14!

UPDATE: Suspected lymphoma. .. :-( let's pray for him guys. Its pretty serious. Very sad.

I know EB will beat this thing. It has to be tough. He will need all the support he can get. Lets all let him know he has a Big Orange Family to lean on!!

VOLNATION LOVES YOU EB!!!

SIAP I've been away from computer all day: Eric Berry of Kansas City Chiefs placed on non-football illness list due to mass in chest - ESPN

Prayers to Eric and the Berry family. I'm in shock

Reactions: 45 people
Just heard on the radio VFL Eric Berry out for the season for a Non-Football Illness. No details yet but must be serious to be declared out for the season.

Lets send our prayers to him and let him know we have love for him! Get well soon EB14!

Just read on Twitter that it's due to a mass in his chest. Prayers go out to him and his family!

Matt Miller @nfldraftscout
Chiefs announce its a mass in his chest placing Berry on Non Football Injury list.

@GrantRamey @GrantRamey
"The leading consideration" is lymphoma for Eric Berry. No official diagnosis as of now. Tests continuing in Atlanta.

Reactions: 3 people

What! Geez, bud, get well soon EB. :clapping:

GO VOLS!

If true Iam heart broken.One of the true good guys in sports.Prayers for EB and the Berry family.Good people.

Reactions: 4 people
No!!!!! damn, he has had a tough couple years. Eric, keep your head up and know that big orange is behind you bro! Prayers for you brother.

EB and family on my prayer list.... what a horrible shock if the preliminary diagnosis is true.

Just wanted a thread to gather the thoughts and prayers for Eric Berry as he begins to prep his fight with cancer. Things like this make you take a step back and make you realize football isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

Here's to you EB, good luck and God Bless you. Get well soon.

EDIT: Statement from Eric on kcchiefs.com

“I am truly thankful for all of the support from family, friends, coaches, teammates and the entire Chiefs kingdom. At first I was in shock with the diagnosis on Saturday and did not even want to miss a game, but I understand that right now I have to concentrate on a new opponent. I have great confidence in the doctors and the plan they are going to put in place for me to win this fight. I believe that I am in God’s hands and I have great peace in that. I know my coaches and teammates will hold things down here the rest of the season and until I am back running out of the tunnel at Arrowhead. I am so thankful and appreciative of being a part of this franchise and playing in front of the best fans in the NFL. I will be back!”

Hope he's right.

Last edited:
Oh, no! Terrible news.

Eric Berry is a true VFL. Hope UT shows support in some way.

Last edited:
I work with blood oncologists every day. Very treatable if caught early. Prayers for him and his family. Inky and the friendship they share, will definitely help.

Reactions: 2 people
Looks like his relationship with Inky will get even stronger.

I am sure Inky will be an amazing friend during this very hard process.

VN Store

Back