Whats Acceptable Anymore

Dagreek1998

Label me a negavol, don't care. But I have to ask the question. Whats acceptable for Tennessee Vol Football??? We all agreed that Dooley needed to go, especially after the regression in year 3. What have we seen from Butch Jones to make us feel that won't happen again.

When you look at the numbers, they doesn't appear to be a big difference.

DD vs ranked -17.7 points
BJ vs ranked -18.1 points

DD vs SEC -9.6 points
BJ vs SEC -8.1 points

After watching the Missouri game, I feel like I am watching the Dooley project all over again. And before someone starts the "were young" crap, its college football. You don't get to keep them for 8 to 10 years. I am ok with that argument in week 3 or 4 but week 12 is nonsense. What position group has noticeably improved. Still waiting???

I know everyone likes the recruiting part of it but is Dooley had solid classes. And lets not forget that Muschamp and Weiss could recruit, how did that work out for them.

I honestly believe that we as a fan base have ex-girlfriend syndrome. We get rid of old and fat Fulmer for young and sharp dressed Lane. Then Lane leaves and we want a dependable guy that will never leave us, Dooley. Then he pisses off the former players and cant get the job done, so we want a likeable guy who embraces our program, Butch. All along, we sacrificed the main point. Can he get the job done. And now that it appears that Butch might not be the guy, we start the excuse mood and blame the guys that were here before him.

Can anyone truly say they have no doubts??? If Butch couldn't recruit any better than top 20 classes, would his seat be the same temp?

I am tired of the acceptance of each coach, as long as he is not like the last one. Look at Texas, or Arkansas. Did it take them years to create a culture shift. No, but we'll keep waiting on our frog to turn into a prince. All along, surviving in a a weak East and allowing Florida to come to that discover years before us.

Reactions: 10 people
You couldn't just ask this in one of the other threads of the same like?

Nah. You had to start your own to get your own personal attention.

Reactions: 24 people
We've had some disappointing results in a couple games this year, but if you can't see the differences between year two under Butch and year two under Dooley, I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: 18 people
You called it, bub. The label definitely fits. We no longer get completely obliterated by better teams. Potential blue chip athletes see we are on the right course. Any comparisons between year 2 of supposed CDD and current CBJ show a night and day change. We play hard and never give up!

Reactions: 9 people
Anyone can see improvement....btw, maybe the numbers between DD and CBJ are similar, but DD never did it starting 7 true freshman, so, apples and oranges....IMO, and yea the "we are young" has been said over and over....but its true, look at the pictures and even past video of AJ and some of these other guys that are now JR and SR and look at the difference, both in physical size and speed of reaction...its pretty noticeable.

The cupboard was left completely empty when Dooley left. When CBJ has a team filled with his recruits, complain then.

Reactions: 2 people
Anyone can see improvement....btw, maybe the numbers between DD and CBJ are similar, but DD never did it starting 7 true freshman, so, apples and oranges....IMO, and yea the "we are young" has been said over and over....but its true, look at the pictures and even past video of AJ and some of these other guys that are now JR and SR and look at the difference, both in physical size and speed of reaction...its pretty noticeable.

Comparing CDD and CBJ is closer to comparing apples to bowling balls.

Reactions: 1 person
You couldn't just ask this in one of the other threads of the same like?

Nah. You had to start your own to get your own personal attention.

This^... The problem with most Negavols is their sense of self-importance is so intense that they get in a big ole hurry to lead a movement...:gone:...the rest of us aren't smart enough to realize when the coach can't do the job...that's why Dooley was fired...not the results on field...the never ending vigilance of the OP and the rest of his Superfriends. :glare:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: 8 people
You called it, bub. The label definitely fits. We no longer get completely obliterated by better teams. Potential blue chip athletes see we are on the right course. Any comparisons between year 2 of supposed CDD and current CBJ show a night and day change. We play hard and never give up!

Year One
DD vs SEC 22 to 26
BJ vs SEC 18 to 31

Year Two
DD vs SEC 12 to 28
BJ vs SEC 23 to 25

Year Three
DD vs SEC 31 to 40
BJ ???

I wont argue that year two was not good for DD by this was when Tyler Bray was inserted into the line up and the average points against SEC went way up. Of course, so did the points. But my basic point was that Butch's second year looks more like DD's first year. If we look at how this trends out for year three, can you really expect the Vols to put up the points DD did? And if AJ gone against Missouri gave us a sneak at our defense for next year.

I just dont know how Muschamp gets the axe at Florida with a winning record and we think 5-7 or 6-6 in year two of Butch is acceptable. Hell, Texas will be ahead of us by the end of the year.

Reactions: 2 people
Im as sick of excuses as anyone, but its reality. 6-6 and a bowl for this years team is success. At the end of next season, lets see then where we stand. I like CBJ and this staff, but im not gonna blindly support them, but I think we are right where most of us, and those without unbiased opinions thought we should be, some even predicted 5-7, or worse this season. Next season 8 wins would be great, but still not gonna be easy.

Just goes to show ya that number of stars one has obtained does not necessarily correlate to quality :blink:

Im as sick of excuses as anyone, but its reality. 6-6 and a bowl for this years team is success. At the end of next season, lets see then where we stand. I like CBJ and this staff, but im not gonna blindly support them, but I think we are right where most of us, and those without unbiased opinions thought we should be, some even predicted 5-7, or worse this season. Next season 8 wins would be great, but still not gonna be easy.

OK, what happens if we lose to Vandy and finish 5-7 in year two. Are we in agreement that Butch is gone???

OK, what happens if we lose to Vandy and finish 5-7 in year two. Are we in agreement that Butch is gone???

He wouldn't be gone. That would be the dumbest **** I've heard in my life. You guys can't honestly expect someone to come in and win if we keep having coaching turnover every 2-3 years.

Reactions: 10 people
Label me a negavol, don't care. But I have to ask the question. Whats acceptable for Tennessee Vol Football??? We all agreed that Dooley needed to go, especially after the regression in year 3. What have we seen from Butch Jones to make us feel that won't happen again.

When you look at the numbers, they doesn't appear to be a big difference.

DD vs ranked -17.7 points
BJ vs ranked -18.1 points

DD vs SEC -9.6 points
BJ vs SEC -8.1 points

After watching the Missouri game, I feel like I am watching the Dooley project all over again. And before someone starts the "were young" crap, its college football. You don't get to keep them for 8 to 10 years. I am ok with that argument in week 3 or 4 but week 12 is nonsense. What position group has noticeably improved. Still waiting???

I know everyone likes the recruiting part of it but is Dooley had solid classes. And lets not forget that Muschamp and Weiss could recruit, how did that work out for them.

I honestly believe that we as a fan base have ex-girlfriend syndrome. We get rid of old and fat Fulmer for young and sharp dressed Lane. Then Lane leaves and we want a dependable guy that will never leave us, Dooley. Then he pisses off the former players and cant get the job done, so we want a likeable guy who embraces our program, Butch. All along, we sacrificed the main point. Can he get the job done. And now that it appears that Butch might not be the guy, we start the excuse mood and blame the guys that were here before him.

Can anyone truly say they have no doubts??? If Butch couldn't recruit any better than top 20 classes, would his seat be the same temp?

I am tired of the acceptance of each coach, as long as he is not like the last one. Look at Texas, or Arkansas. Did it take them years to create a culture shift. No, but we'll keep waiting on our frog to turn into a prince. All along, surviving in a a weak East and allowing Florida to come to that discover years before us.

I realize that VN must start these same threads ad nauseum following every loss, but Mizzou had the better team, like it or not.

Reactions: 8 people
Everyone is hurt/suspended/ineligible/young/inexperienced.

This year was supposed to be garbage and with the exception of beating Spurrier again it has been, but hey if we beat Vandy, we get a bowl. Yay.

Next year is when we can really complain if there are no changes.

Year One
DD vs SEC 22 to 26
BJ vs SEC 18 to 31

Year Two
DD vs SEC 12 to 28
BJ vs SEC 23 to 25

Year Three
DD vs SEC 31 to 40
BJ ???

I wont argue that year two was not good for DD by this was when Tyler Bray was inserted into the line up and the average points against SEC went way up. Of course, so did the points. But my basic point was that Butch's second year looks more like DD's first year. If we look at how this trends out for year three, can you really expect the Vols to put up the points DD did? And if AJ gone against Missouri gave us a sneak at our defense for next year.

I just dont know how Muschamp gets the axe at Florida with a winning record and we think 5-7 or 6-6 in year two of Butch is acceptable. Hell, Texas will be ahead of us by the end of the year.

I tell you what I think. I think you are a closet fan of another team wanting to stir up dissention among this team so Butch will feel like he needs to leave. Sorry Bud, Tennessee is competitive unlike any of Dooley's teams were. Butch is here to stay and will have Tennessee competing for the East next year.

VN Store

Back