Going to Vandy Game

Never been before.
What do I need to know?

very long lines for bathroom and concessions. go in middle of quarter and not between quarters or at half time.

concessions at halftime, go to closed end of stadium. lines tend to be much shorter there, if you can get through the crowd to get there. Otherwise, paragraph one is the very best advice.

Reactions: 1 person
It is about impossible to leave. Traffic out of Vandy is a bear because it is right in the middle of midtown. Westend Ave is probably already one of the busiest roads in the state them dump on it all the UT fans leaving; you are going to be stuck in traffic. Go get something to eat instead.

Wife and I will be in Nashville, but none of our "usual friends" will be going, any of you guys gonna be tailgaiting around the park area?

Enjoy seeing the stadium filled with Orange...even the Vandy fans like Tennessee better. I have been to an "away" game in Nashville before.

Never been before.
What do I need to know?

The comedy show Vanderbilt puts on is pure genius. Funniest comical act on the planet. They're the Washington Generals of football and it's always entertaining.

There will be lots of orange.
Lots of the crowd noise will be made by the orange clad people.
The black/gold people will leave lots of shakers/stuff behind after the game.
Small stadium.

When Meadowlark Lemon comes in for Tennessee at QB and Sweet Georgia Brown plays over the PA, you know you're in for a treat.

Vandi fans are worse than Florida fans although not sure how many of them will show up. They hate Tennessee and aren't shy about telling you. Most don't know a screen pass from a spark plug.

The traffic is HORRIBLE! Their fans are stupid. No football sense at all. Right smack in the middle of town. Small stadium. As mentioned above, lines to the rest room are awful, lines for concessions are awful. Hopefully you’re staying close (walking distance) to the stadium or you will be in traffic for a hot minute.

Other than that....nothing special about the place. Kinda like playing/watching football in a shoe box.

It's a lot of fun going to games there since it's 75-90% Big Orange!! I wish the Clinic Bowl/Blue Cross Bowl was still played there. It's a great high school football stadium!

Its so orange in there, its like our VOLS playing at an alternate site. lol Kinda like Arkansas has 2 stadiums. lol

I'll be there. How many vol fans you think will honestly be there? I ventured over to their board and they aren't very optimistic about the attendance.

I'll be there. How many vol fans you think will honestly be there? I ventured over to their board and they aren't very optimistic about the attendance.

This year, realistically around 80% maybe more. When Franklin was there and they were winning it went down. There will be an overwhelming amount of orange in that stadium. Trust me on that!

This year, realistically around 80% maybe more. When Franklin was there and they were winning it went down. There will be an overwhelming amount of orange in that stadium. Trust me on that!

That's what I like to hear. Can't wait. That's gotta suck for those vandy guys to come out on senior night and it feel like a road game lol.

i never go to their stadium, i just spit on the sign when i pass through on my way to the wildhorse.

Yeah, I pissed on it before when drunk one night. Wish I could be there. Stuck in AZ right now. 1.5 years though and Ill be back in Rocky Top!

VN Store

Back