did any mizzu fans comment on the atmosphere?

Said our girls are much hotter... but really did not understand what the girls were saying but really did not care either

I know that place was rocking, but I didn't talk to any mizzu fans after the game.

Meh, it was a good atmosphere but I wouldn't say it was a great one honestly when compared to other games this season.

My opinion on Mizzou fans is they are arrogant ass holes. Didn't meet a single one that was respectable. I'm sure they are out there, but I didn't find one.

Reactions: 6 people
Meh, it was a good atmosphere but I wouldn't say it was a great one honestly when compared to other games this season.

My opinion on Mizzou fans is they are arrogant ass holes. Didn't meet a single one that was respectable. I'm sure they are out there, but I didn't find one.

Everyone I ran into was good peeps..

Reactions: 4 people
I talked to one fan before the game and he was pretty nice. he said he was excited about seeing the stadium.

I thought the atmosphere on the strip was really odd, it didn't have that big game feel at all. not sure why though.

The atmosphere was not "rocking." It was a pretty tame crowd- didn't really seem up for the game. I was reminded once again that I simply cannot take my sons to a game- so much angry, nasty cussing. Also, the tailgating behavior is ridiculous. It's really sad.

It's weird how the energy changes from week to week. The KY game was what you expect at Neyland. This was a bigger game for us, playing a ranked opponent, and the fans were tepid. These are the intangibles that make college football so difficult to stay consistent.

I am fairly certain that 'Third Down for What' will be blaring on the loud speakers in hell, while on repeat.

Other than that? I had a great time. Beautiful stadium and great overall experience in general. See you guys in 2 years.

Reactions: 7 people
I am fairly certain that 'Third Down for What' will be blaring on the loud speakers in hell, while on repeat.

Other than that? I had a great time. Beautiful stadium and great overall experience in general. See you guys in 2 years.

Third Down for What needs to be taken out back and shot...this better be a one year wonder

Reactions: 8 people
It seemed like the pregame senior night ceremony took a lot of life out of the crowd. We didn't get the normal "running through the T" tradition that normally gets everyone pumped up. Couple that with Mizz scoring on the first drive and us going 3 and out twice, and the crowd was pretty much dead until we tied it up. And then we didn't try to score before halftime...that was the nail in the coffin imo.

I went to their stadium for the game last year, and was sitting right in the middle of all their fans.. Let me say this, even though we were losing real bad all of them were supportive and said we will get better! they were good folks unlike few other SEC fans!! they have a smaller stadium but the atmosphere is really good!

Reactions: 2 people
I know that place was rocking, but I didn't talk to any mizzu fans after the game.

There were some Missouri fans around us. They seemed to be soaking it in. On third down for what they even started doing the hand motions like the Tennessee fans. And one Missouri fan in his 40s was pointing out to his wife at this 70+ year old fully gray haired woman who was doing the hand motion on third downs as well and they were laughing about that. Even our older generation had some swag goin haha.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't understand why everyone is saying the crowd was quiet. I sat in the same section (PP) the last two weeks and this week was 100x louder than Kentucky. You couldn't hear anything when we had them pinned on 3rd down, especially deep in their own territory. So I'm not sure why our section was so loud and everyone else's wasn't. Oh well.

Couldn't agree more with this post. I sat 2 rows in front of the worst visiting fans I have been around all season, and I've been to every home game this year. They were extremely rude and disrespectful. I'm fine with cheering your team on and being loud, but cursing every other word that comes out of your mouth and calling Dobbs an "alien-a** lookin' mother******" to the top of your lungs isn't necessary.

EDIT: And I agree the crowd was pretty tame. Louder than Kentucky, but that's not saying too much.

Third Down for What needs to be taken out back and shot...this better be a one year wonder

Next year they should use AC/DC's "Have a drink on me." It can be used regardless if we are winning or losing.

I talked to one fan before the game and he was pretty nice. he said he was excited about seeing the stadium.

I thought the atmosphere on the strip was really odd, it didn't have that big game feel at all. not sure why though.

Impending doom.

The atmosphere was not "rocking." It was a pretty tame crowd- didn't really seem up for the game. I was reminded once again that I simply cannot take my sons to a game- so much angry, nasty cussing. Also, the tailgating behavior is ridiculous. It's really sad.

LMAO. It is a college.

Do you really expect Disneyland when you come to a UT football game?

It is full of drunk rednecks and yeah, I probably won't take my son until he is older. But don't act like it has ever been ANY different at Neyland Stadium.

UT fans are viewed as some of the most hospitable in the conference - and it is STILL like that.

I'd prefer a hostile environment for visitors rather than this recurring preference of treating gamedays like UT is an Ivy League school where you sit down for tea and crumpets at halftime.

We have URINAL TROUGHS for God's sake...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
LMAO. It is a college.

Do you really expect Disneyland when you come to a UT football game?

It is full of drunk rednecks and yeah, I probably won't take my son until he is older. But don't act like it has ever been ANY different at Neyland Stadium.

UT fans are viewed as some of the most hospitable in the conference - and it is STILL like that.

I'd prefer a hostile environment for visitors rather than this attempt at treating gamedays like UT is an Ivy League school where you sit down for tea and crumpets at halftime.

We have URINAL TROUGHS for God's sake...

I think it is quite possible to maintain a "hostile environment" without angry, vile language.

I also think it is reasonable as a fan to desire such an environment and even to expect it. I try my best to contribute to a civil society by raising my children to do the right thing. It would be nice to live in a community where everyone felt the same way.

Last edited:
I think it is quite possible to maintain a "hostile environment" without angry, vile language.

I also think it is reasonable as a fan to desire such an environment and even to expect it. I try my best to contribute to a civil society by raising my children to do the right thing. It would be nice to live in a community where everyone felt the same way. In the meantime, however, you just keep "LYAO" and I'll continue to not laugh at corruption.

Adults use vile language all the time, it is not exclusive to Neyland stadium.

What do drunk adults using "bad words" have to do with doing the right thing and corruption?

Seems you are trying to relate two unrelated ideas.

Neyland Stadium has been the same way since I began going to games with my dad in the 80s as a child.

You can take my word that I have turned out OK, having been exposed to worse simply watching MTV as a kid.

Next year they should use AC/DC's "Have a drink on me." It can be used regardless if we are winning or losing.

Agree with the artist but I think it should be the guitar intro to "Thunderstruck" with "MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!" plastered all over the jumbotron.

One thing Jerry does here in Dallas in AT&T is have former big name players (like Michael Irvin, Emmit Smith, etc...) do short videos calling on the fans to get loud when they need them to. And it works. Have Peyton on the jumbo tron calling for noise while doing Angus Young's Thunderstruck guitar riff over the loud speakers.

edit: Another good one is the intro to "For Those About to Rock". Hell I guess just play AC/DC and put Peyton on the jumbo tron yelling for the crowd to get loud. :rock:

Last edited:
Adults use vile language all the time, it is not exclusive to Neyland stadium.

What do drunk adults using "bad words" have to do with doing the right thing and corruption?

Seems you are trying to relate two unrelated ideas.

Neyland Stadium has been the same way since I began going to games with my dad in the 80s as a child.

You can take my word that I have turned out OK, having been exposed to worse simply watching MTV as a kid.

All I'm saying is that the (very vocal) minority is growing at a fast clip and that is a result of the breakdown of the moral fabric of our shared society. When I was a kid, most of the adults around me would address the idiot fan spewing out vile filth. Yes, I still heard it- but it was much more rare and, more importantly, it got ADDRESSED and corrected.

Now you've got vendors walking around yelling the F word in order to sell their shirts that say the same thing! I told the guy he just said what he said while standing beside a six year old and he laughed.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back