Four thoughts about the game.

DaddyChad

1)Missouri is solid at all positions. We maybe more talented in total but they were solid at every position and exploited our weakness to the fullest degree. The Oline getting blown up every play just can't be schemed around and I'm not sure how people cannot understand why this limits the play calling.

2)Time management was questionable. I love the staff but there were some question marks as far as time management and have been at other points this year.

3)Special teams were exceptional. We sometimes lose sight of how well a particular unit plays in a loss but I thought we executed very well throughout the night there.

4)Defense did a good job for the most part but the secondary got just torched. Coleman needs over the top help on every play or at least until the other team gets into the red zone. I know there's not much you can do to fix a whole unit that is underperforming like the Oline but I thought we could have done more to fix that one deficiency.

So in summation I thought the better team just got a win. I thought we did a good job in a few areas, questionable in a few as well. With better execution we likely win this game.

Reactions: 5 people
1. Our OL could not run block
2. Our OL could not pass block
3. Our tackles got whipped like Thanksgiving mashed potatoes
4. Dobbs ran for this life

Reactions: 4 people
#4) AJ gone and Randolph out for a half definitely hurt! Maybe not game changing, but some Mizzou drive would have been stopped! JMO.

We got beat by a more talented stable program by 8 points. I'm ok this year but next year we need to be at 8 or 9 wins. We've got to give the guy time. We are bad about realizing where we are and then a couple of good wins and everybody thinks we're back. Not the case.

Reactions: 2 people
Wasn't that long ago under DOOLEY that we were getting smoked in every game and it was over by half.. Good time are coming fast

Reactions: 1 person

Pretty much. Our offense was disrupted the whole game, even when they didn't get to the QB they influenced the play generally. I thought there were some coaching errors to be sure BUT I don't see anyway you can scheme around that.

we need a new offensive scheme

No. We need players on the line to execute this one. This offense gives teams a lot of issues. Kirk did a good job of pointing out the issues it gives the opposing defense. The problem is when you can't hold up along the LOS for 3 damn seconds and WRs can't catch balls that hit them right in the hands. A lot of it is youth but some of it is lack of talent, the tackle position is........well IDK if we even have a true tackle on our team currently.

Reactions: 3 people
#4) AJ gone and Randolph out for a half definitely hurt! Maybe not game changing, but some Mizzou drive would have been stopped! JMO.

Yeah I would say Crowder being out also hurt us. Injuries and distractions definitely took something away this week. In the grand scheme IDK that it would have mattered though. Our main issues were on offense all the way around and on the defensive side allowing one player to be burned repeatedly.

I thought the interior of the line did a worse job than the tackles. Their d-tackles were just stepping around guys.

I thought the interior of the line did a worse job than the tackles. Their d-tackles were just stepping around guys.

It sucked all the way around. DEs came free on stunts several times and by free I mean the interior player didn't even get a hand on them.

It sucked all the way around. DEs came free on stunts several times and by free I mean the interior player didn't even get a hand on them.

Plenty of blame to go around unfortunately. Some were already calling this "one of the worst" lines in UT history out of fall camp. Add injuries to that, and things get really bad really fast.

I just hope the offseason is really good for the o-line guys.

we need a new offensive scheme

We need players that can execute. I don't like this style of offense either but it's what we got and what we are recruiting for.

What I don't like is read option....read option....gotta pass. Until we get better production and experience at OL. Thats what it well be.

I liked the offensive scheme Chaney and Kiffin ran but then again with no OL production, that doesn't work either. All schemes start up front.

We need players that can execute. I don't like this style of offense either but it's what we got and what we are recruiting for.

What I don't like is read option....read option....gotta pass. Until we get better production and experience at OL. Thats what it well be.

I liked the offensive scheme Chaney and Kiffin ran but then again with no OL production, that doesn't work either. All schemes start up front.

Everybody said our line last year was good and our offensive still struggled.

We never throw down field, its all screens

Need to fix that post. We never throw the ball downfield until we are behind by two scores and there is less than 5 minutes left. Then they run a true hurry up, which Dobbs seems to run very well. During the first 3.75 quarters, we run our "get to the line and check with me" offense which doesn't produce nearly as well.

Need to fix that post. We never throw the ball downfield until we are behind by two scores and there is less than 5 minutes left. Then they run a true hurry up, which Dobbs seems to run very well. During the first 3.75 quarters, we run our "get to the line and check with me" offense which doesn't produce nearly as well.

Defensive scheme is the key, though. You can't run a two-minute offense effectively unless the D is running a prevent-type defense.

AV

VN Store

Back