So we've heard 3rd Down For What for the last time this year, do we keep it next year

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Honestly, I think we should keep it one more year. It gets the fan base fired up, the team loves it, and it's gotten some media attention. The subtle things like that definitely play a hand in recruiting, especially when players are on campus to watch the game.

However......

I will play my own devil's advocate here. Does anyone think it's counter-productive on 3rd downs? What I mean is, right when it's 3rd down, the music cues up. The crowd isn't loud until the music stops playing, they are too busy dancing. This gives the other team time to discuss the play. An effective crowd gets loud while the other team is trying to discuss the next play. You don't want the offense to be able to hear what the QB is saying. The crowd isn't loud until they line up to snap the ball.

But I'm digressing. Keep it? Or leave it? And is it counter-productive?

Last edited:
Honestly, I think we should keep it. It gets the fan base fired up, the team loves it, and it's gotten some media attention. The subtle things like that definitely play a hand in recruiting, especially when players are on campus to watch the game.

However......

I will play my own devil's advocate here. Does anyone think it's counter-productive on 3rd downs? What I mean is, right when it's 3rd down, the music cues up. The crowd isn't loud until the music stops playing, they are too busy dancing. This gives the other team time to discuss the play. An effective crowd gets loud while the other team is trying to discuss the next play. You don't want the offense to be able to hear what the QB is saying. The crowd isn't loud until they line up to snap the ball.

But I'm digressing. Keep it? Or leave it? And is it counter-productive?

Trash it, all it really does is make the fans dance...they need to get loud quicker instead of dancing like a bunch of bafoons

Reactions: 9 people
Well, not what I expected from VN, but I am truly never surprised on here.

Keep it. Gets fans up and moving. Players like it. And our 3rd down D was pretty good this year if I recall correctly. Its not like we quit playing rocky top.

Reactions: 6 people
Little tired of rivala making fun of it...

And the fact they play it, there's a penalty and immediately play it again

Reactions: 1 person
The players like it?

Yeah yeah, there's nothing college kids like more than rocking out to songs over a year old.

We are done with it.

Reactions: 3 people
Kill it so I don't have to watch that awkward stadium dance that goes along with it.

Reactions: 6 people
I loved it....keep it....or find a replacement....I liked having something for 3rd down.

I say we probably don't get a vote regardless and it'll be up to Butch and company to decide.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back