Disgusting scenes from the student section

Govol111

First let me start off by saying that I am a student. Not sure if anyone noticed or saw, but towards the very end of the game last night many, many bottles and other objects were thrown onto the field towards the Missouri bench. It was pretty ugly. A couple players were hit, including one with a half full bottle of water, which exploded on impact. This caused the Missouri bench to turn and begin to mock our students, which they had every right to do. A just punishment imo would be if every imbecile who threw something had to line up at midfield and received a punch to the face from the Missouri player who was hit, number 56 I believe. The student section has been a disaster all year. From all of the "F you *Insert team*" at the end of every loss to the countless drunk-beyond-ability-to-function kids falling over themselves as they "cheer" on their Vols. These actions need addressing and not just via a email from Jimmy Cheek which everyone will just mark as read and move on. I truly believe Butch needs to address the student body in its entirety on these matters.

Reactions: 67 people
First let me start off by saying that I am a student. Not sure if anyone noticed or saw, but towards the very end of the game last night many, many bottles and other objects were thrown onto the field towards the Missouri bench. It was pretty ugly. A couple players were hit, including one with a half full bottle of water, which exploded on impact. This caused the Missouri bench to turn and begin to mock our students, which they had every right to do. A just punishment imo would be if every imbecile who threw something had to line up at midfield and received a punch to the face from the Missouri player who was hit, number 56 I believe. The student section has been a disaster all year. From all of the "F you *Insert team*" at the end of every loss to the countless drunk-beyond-ability-to-function kids falling over themselves as they "cheer" on their Vols. These actions need addressing and not just via a email from Jimmy Cheek which everyone will just mark as read and move on. I truly believe Butch needs to address the student body in its entirety on these matters.

Butch needs to worry about winning SEC games before he takes time away from his day to address drunken college students.

Reactions: 38 people
Instant gratification generation. If they don't get their way they throw a tantrum..or in this case really hard plastic bottles.

Reactions: 26 people
Like Gainsville 1993. Bottles galore! Students are unpredictable. Lots of booze I assume.

Then don't ***** when fla students pour piss on everyone from Tennessee. Our fan base *****es about how they are treated on the road then does this crap.

Reactions: 12 people

I'm throwing the BS flag. Take a partially filled bottle of water and throw it at a distance of 10 to 30 yards at any object of your choice and see if it "explodes". As far as drunk college kids, you may not like it but it has been happening since the University received its land grant. Sit on the West sidelines with the blue hairs.

Reactions: 6 people
It was mentioned Saturday night in a few places.

I suppose I can roll my eyes at the chants, but I'm pretty sure that throwing objects at people is considered assault. It won't be too long before someone is injured, probably some poor schmoe walking along the sidelines.

The AD needs to get some police presence around the student section if they're going to start pulling this crap. That's a huge embarrassment to the University of Tennessee.

PS: I don't want to hear about whether the team is winning or losing. That's irrelevant. If you can't hold your booze, go home.

Reactions: 13 people
I'm throwing the BS flag. Take a partially filled bottle of water and throw it at a distance of 10 to 30 yards at any object of your choice and see if it "explodes". As far as drunk college kids, you may not like it but it has been happening since the University received its land grant. Sit on the West sidelines with the blue hairs.

Didn't see anything I was in section O but after the game talked with some Mizzou fans and they were pretty upset bout this and kinda was a bummer to them as they enjoyed their experience there..

Reactions: 1 person
Nope and it was not the norm as was claimed

I didn't get there until 93

There was some serious bad blood from the previous year. Supposedly Fulmer's wife was spit on in Gainesville. The Vols started whippin' their asses in a massive rain storm and then the barrage of water filled cups starting reigning down on the Gators sidelines

VN Store

Back