I Want to Play a Game

IngloriousBastard

So after the program killing 8 point loss to the 1st place team in our division (sarcasm), many posters on here are (predictably) once again turning back into a bunch of whiny 5 year old athletic directors criticizing coaching and making all sorts of wild, irrational statements. While the majority of fans are rational and would not be placed in this camp, it has gotten quite old reading these ridiculous posts. Therefore, I would like to invite all of you "sky is falling" posters to go ahead and make your bold Nostradus predictions about where the team is heading by going on record and posting in this thread. That way, at various points in the future we can go back and actually see who was right and who was wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
So after the program killing 8 point loss to the 1st place team in our division (sarcasm), many posters on here are (predictably) once again turning back into a bunch of whiny 5 year old athletic directors criticizing coaching and making all sorts of wild, irrational statements. While the majority of fans are rational would not be placed in this camp, it has gotten quite old reading these ridiculous posts. Therefore, I would like to invite all of you "sky is falling" posters to go ahead and make your bold Nostradus predictions about where our team is heading by going on record and posting in this thread. That way, at various points in the future we can go back and actually see who was right and who was wrong.
Future is bright. 7 plus wins next year

Reactions: 1 person
I will bite. Bowl = 15 days Extra practice =.5, Recruiting class .5, healthy returning players + walk-ons in addition to Class =.25. Spring Practice = Bldg Block +.5 (EE), Schedule +.75 (only 4 games outside of State)

8-4

2014 - 7-6
2015 - 8-4 (9-4) with a bowl win
2016 - 10-2 (11-3 with SECCG loss and bowl win)

3 bowl wins in a row

Edit : not a nega vol or never will be. Just posted to drive the negas crazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Lol they aren't going to do that. They lack the testicular fortitude. They are probably the h.s and jr high kids on this site.

OK I will bite.

Long are the glory days of old and I don't see them returning anytime soon.

I think we finish this year out at 6-7.

I think we finish next year out at 7-6

I think we finish 2016 out at 8 wins I think we finish 2nd maybe 3rd in the SEC East. That will be year 5 of CBJ Tenure.

I think 2017 We regress back to 7-6

2018 7-6

2019 8/4 9/3 somewhere in there.

I don't the staff is capable of making a championship program. I think they are going to build a good sound fundamental program. I don't think the staff has it in them to win the big games.

I sincerely hope I am wrong. I hope that Tennessee is not doomed to mediocrity but I sincerely believe that long term that is where we are going. I think we may find some hope sprinkled in every now and again with an occasional 9-3 season.

BUT I don't believe and I have good reason to not believe, BECAUSE I have seen no proof. I will believe in something more when I see complete and utter dominance of a conference opponent not named KY, SC, Or Vandy. If you wanna play with the big boys you have to play to win.

That enough Testicular Fortitude?

Reactions: 6 people
All the extra and much needed bowl practices...another off season S&C...adding McKenzie and Tuttle to our D-Line....Kamara in the backfield (he is going to be a HUGE weapon) with Hurd and Dobbs...9 wins with the schedule we have IF the offensive line can take the next step....8 easy.

2014: 6-7 (lose bowl game)
2015: 8-5 (win bowl game)
2016: 10-3( win bowl game)
2017: 10-4 (win bowl and lose SECCG)

So far to go but I think this is an okay expectation of the future. I believe in Butch and see him being here no less than 4 years.

2015: 7-5 or 8-4 (bowl win!)
2016: Don't know complete schedule yet, but will say 8+ wins.

OK I will bite.

I think we finish 2016 out at 8 wins I think we finish 2nd maybe 3rd in the SEC East. That will be year 5 of CBJ Tenure.

2018 7-6

I don't the staff is capable of making a championship program. I think they are going to build a good sound fundamental program. I don't think the staff has it in them to win the big games.

I sincerely hope I am wrong. I hope that Tennessee is not doomed to mediocrity but I sincerely believe that long term that is where we are going. I think we may find some hope sprinkled in every now and again with an occasional 9-3 season.

BUT I don't believe and I have good reason to not believe, BECAUSE I have seen no proof. I will believe in something more when I see complete and utter dominance of a conference opponent not named KY, SC, Or Vandy. If you wanna play with the big boys you have to play to win.

We have hung with several teams with a lot of deep rosters of upper class men....Georgia, Florida, Mizzu, South Carolina...the upper tier of our side of the conference and was a play or 2 from winning those games with the youngest team in the country...with your assessment our talent we have now and coming in will have to go stale and regress...that is just not going to happen.

We have hung with several teams with a lot of deep rosters of upper class men....Georgia, Florida, Mizzu, South Carolina...the upper tier of our side of the conference and was a play or 2 from winning those games with the youngest team in the country...with your assessment our talent we have now and coming in will have to go stale and regress...that is just not going to happen.

There in lies my concern, UNLESS some of the big games end up in the W column instead of L column, then we will regress and recruiting will become increasingly more difficult. I see no resolution to our O Line problems next year, and while we may get better so will every other SEC East team.

Sooner or later you have to get over the hump or things will get really ugly really fast. I want CBJ to succeed. I want to be looking at 10-2+ seasons consistently every year. I want CBJ to take us there, BUT as of right now I see nothing to make me believe that he is going to get us there. There have been to many close losses that should have been wins for me to believe he is going to do it at the moment. I SINCERELY hope I am wrong.

NOW I will rapidly change my opinion if in 2015 CBJ comes out and beats either Oklahoma OR Florida OR Georgia by more than a touchdown.

What CBJ needs more than anything is a HUGE coming out party next season. He needs to come out and hang 50+ on a serious opponent, and I don't care if we are up 4 touchdowns in the 4th quarter he should not under any circumstances let off of the gas. Only means squat if it is against a quality opponent.

Last edited:
OK I will bite.

2018 7-6

So you stepped up but that is a sensible post. I hope not true but sensible

2014 7-6 after bowl win
2015 7-5 reg season (including wins over UGA and UF!)
2016 10-2 reg season (after going 4-0 against powderpuff OOC sked) SECCG appearance

OK I will bite.

2018 7-6

So your saying there's a chance!

I think in 2017 we will be saying well Cam Sutton Josh Dobbs, Marquez North, are all gone wait until 2018 because we are young.

I think in 2018 we will be saying wait until 2019 because we lack depth.

There in lies my concern, UNLESS some of the big games end up in the W column instead of L column, then we will regress and recruiting will become increasingly more difficult. I see no resolution to our O Line problems next year, and while we may get better so will every other SEC East team.

Sooner or later you have to get over the hump or things will get really ugly really fast. I want CBJ to succeed. I want to be looking at 10-2+ seasons consistently every year. I want CBJ to take us there, BUT as of right now I see nothing to make me believe that he is going to get us there. There have been to many close losses that should have been wins for me to believe he is going to do it at the moment. I SINCERELY hope I am wrong.

NOW I will rapidly change my opinion if in 2015 CBJ comes out and beats either Oklahoma OR Florida OR Georgia by more than a touchdown.

What CBJ needs more than anything is a HUGE coming out party next season. He needs to come out and hang 50+ on a serious opponent, and I don't care if we are up 4 touchdowns in the 4th quarter he should not under any circumstances let off of the gas. Only means squat if it is against a quality opponent.

I'm with you on all this except the huge coming out party. I will take a 1point win over the big boys for now. Those beatdowns will come IF we can turn the corner. Butch still has a lot to prove. Our staff made 0 adjustments last night until 6 min left. TOO LATE! Play the entire game with that late urgency. Even then he fouled up our TO's. We needed all 3 in case we didn't get the onside kick, it was our only chance at that point. Spend less time coming up with BS sayings and practice winning the small parts of the game that is so important.

AND that is why I don't believe because for the last 5 years it has been a constant revolving door of excuses, and coach turnover, and yadda yadda yadda.

Sooner or later you have to lay it all out on the field and play to win with no BS. Not play to maybe keep the game close until the 4th quarter and hope to steel it in the 4th.

As CBJ himself has said football is a game of 60 minutes NOT just the last 15. You play to win starting from minute 60 until the final bell has sounded and you are showering in the locker room.

VN Store

Back