Year 3

IndianapolisVol

(Volunteer) Basketball Mod
I've been called a "NegaVol" a lot lately, which I have started to embrace simply due to the humor of all of this. Guys, we are all Vol fans, there is no such thing as a NegaVol or sunshine pumper, just fans with opinions.

That said, how many wins do you think would be an acceptable number for next year, CBJ's third year in Knoxville?

I say 9. And I think it's funny because most of the people on here defending CBJ for trying to salvage a .500 season are the ones who said he would be winning 10+ games by year 3.

Discuss.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
NegaVols will want 8-9

Sunshine Pumpers will be happy with 5-6

Looking at the schedule, and without major improvements...will most likely be 6-7

I say 8 because you don't even consider getting rid of a SEC coach who wins 8 games. What coach would come here after firing a guy who just won 8 games? Somebody like Dooley, that's who.

Last edited:
Losses to Oklahoma, Bama, GA or UF and Arkansas

8 wins would a good season....

GA and arky at home we will favored, Oklahoma has fallen off since we played them, again at home we should have a great chance, and who know what will come out of Gainesville next year with a new coach.

8-9 regular season games

UAB -W

Oklahoma -W they lose a LOT of players from this year's team

Western Carolina -W

Florida -toss-up...just can't actually call it a win until UT does it on the field...although I think even though it is at Florida there's a better than even chance to come out of there with a win

Arkansas- L...I just think they are farther along than UT now, and will be then as well

Georgia - W...dunno why, BYT almost every time UGA plays UT they lay an egg, or very nearly do.

Alabama -L...just not there yet

Kentucky...W..UT farther along, although UK will likely be better

USCe -W...nothing they have shows that they are going to improve more than UT is

North Texas -W

Missouri-L...they were supposed to lose a lot on D this year...look how that turned out...I have a feeling this is going to turn into a hate game every year...rivalries with Bama, Florida, Georgia...but a just-plain-old-hate-each-other type of game with Mizz.

Vandy -W

SEC championship? I don't think so, but possible...definitely in the hunt. no worse than 3rd in the East, and most likely 2nd after Mizz...they win the tiebreaker.

My first real prognostication. Would be interested in other's takes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Oklahoma will roll into Knoxville ready to play, we can count on that. It will be anything but an easy win and as we have seen Florida is very good when at their worst. Their talent level alone is enough to make that a tough game.

All of this "acceptable" talk is as hilarious as it is ridiculous. Let me make this easy for everyone. Butch will get at least two more years. Deal with it and please stop the tedium of this talk every single day. After that two years, either butch is winning and has proven himself, or he is gone and the cupboard is full for next coach up.

This is stupid and serves zero purpose.

Reactions: 9 people
I think we have a shot at winning every game next year except Bama. I figured we would get beat by OK, Bama, Ole Miss, and through this week, MO. The only game we haven't been competitive in this year or "were in it" was Ole Miss and 1/2 of OK.

We will have more experience and depth next year. I think we go 8-4 next year and 10-2 in 2016.

I've been called a "NegaVol" a lot lately, which I have started to embrace simply due to the humor of all of this. Guys, we are all Vol fans, there is no such thing as a NegaVol or sunshine pumper, just fans with opinions.

That said, how many wins do you think would be an acceptable number for next year, CBJ's third year in Knoxville?

I say 9. And I think it's funny because most of the people on here defending CBJ for trying to salvage a .500 season are the ones who said he would be winning 10+ games by year 3.

Discuss.

I don't know what is acceptable. IMO, 7 is the number next year. next year still have a lot of depth issues which has hurt this year. Certainly will be more talented depth but experience still lacking. Can't go through the season and expect the top 22 to stay healthy. That means drop off in play as starters get hurt.

So that means about a 7 win season as long as critical players, like Dobbs, remain healthy. Lose a Dobbs early in season 7 could be hard to get to.

I'm sure the heat will be turned up next season on the staff. it has gone up this season. But if we want to reset the program back to year 0 again all they have to do is look for a new staff.

VN Store

Back