Did MIZZ Show How to D Dobbs?

DrDave

Load the line of scrimmage and the outside so Dobbs has to pass. He can't throw deep. Did you notice there were three defensive players on the outside when Hurd went wide for a run or pass play?

And run stunts on the LOS. The TN line doesn't react to a stunt to protect Dobbs.

Let's just cross our fingers for the Vandy game.

they really didn't load the line of scrimmage. What they showed is if you have a really good D-line we will struggle until our oline improves.

Reactions: 16 people
They didn't stack the line. Thier tackles clogged the middle and made it 5 vs 4 on the back end. Our tight ends didn't show up either

Reactions: 1 person
They have a great front 7 and their secondary was lightning fast in pursuit. That defense is just good. It was double effective with our putrid o-line. We will go back to man handling and looking all pro next week against Vandy. Book it

I think Mizz showed we still have OL issues.
I like Dobbs but he showed up at the perfect time in the schedule to give unrealistic
hope. A qb (any qb) needs protection from the D.

They rushed with 4 most of the night. They were fast and just dominated us up front. I kind of saw it coming. Been watching them for a while, those ends were a match up nightmare for our team.

As far as Dobbs goes. He's going to have to get a whole lot better at passing the ball, or we're just not going to get where we all would like to go.. Hopefully another off season and working with the same group of receivers will help that..

Reactions: 2 people
They showed one version on how to defend the Zone Read.

I imagine Bama will prepare and scheme differently against us in 2015.

Yes get a couple of NFL dlinemen and make a terrible oline look pathetic and you've got it.

Im sure the game play was to NOT let Mizzuo defense to beat us, if you look their games they won was from turnovers. So don't give opp to the defense.

Worked good until J. Malone let the reception slip out on a drive that would have got us to 10 down.

Just too many pieces missing to compete against

Center 1st start of the year
North out
AJ suspended
Michael William suspended
J. Johnson 1st start
B. Randolph suspended 1/2 half

I know its the next man up theme but maybe in 2 years it would be valid

Today was just too many missing starters, playing a good team.

We should beat Vandy BUT cant mail it in.

Hopefully we can get some of the players back in the line up...because it will help.

Reactions: 4 people
Load the line of scrimmage and the outside so Dobbs has to pass. He can't throw deep. Did you notice there were three defensive players on the outside when Hurd went wide for a run or pass play?

And run stunts on the LOS. The TN line doesn't react to a stunt to protect Dobbs.

cross our fingers for the vandy game??????????? Are you freaking serious man?? Yeah the best defensive front in the NATION showed how to stop our battered and beaten young O line. What don't you people understand about the game of football? When you can get constant pressure with a 4 man front and drop EVERYONE else it puts handcuffs on the entire offense. Dobbs took a few sacks just based off of coverage down field. Watch what our defense will be able to do with Kahlil and Barnett and company.

Right now, at this point with this line we will not beat good teams like a Mizzou. They are going to the SEC championship for a reason.

Yes. Put an ineffective offensive line in front of him, and he is easy to stop.

They rushed with 4 most of the night. They were fast and just dominated us up front. I kind of saw it coming. Been watching them for a while, those ends were a match up nightmare for our team.

As far as Dobbs goes. He's going to have to get a whole lot better at passing the ball, or we're just not going to get where we all would like to go.. Hopefully another off season and working with the same group of receivers will help that..

Maybe fans will start believing CBJ why Dobbs wasn't ready??? Probably NOT

He was 24-37 for 200 yards with one pick that I think went off the receiver's hands, yes (didn't see it)? And that with very little protection from a horrid offensive line and a WR corp. that is banged up, young and basically features one dynamic guy--Howard. Pearson has promise, and Croom (should have been a tight end) makes an occasional play, but what started as seemingly our deepest and best position unit isn't all that at the moment. We DO need to throw the ball down the field more--an effective short passing game is vital but you have to keep DBs and linebackers honest)--and what happened to our TEs? They seem to be getting less effective as the season goes on. We threw to them some early in the year, and now, very seldom--maybe because there are needed to help block. The passing game certainly wasn't good last night--but nothing was on offense with defenders quickly in our backfield on most every play.

Facing an NFL pass rush....against the weakest SEC o-line in the conference....really not surprised at all...plus our Center gone...sadly spot on :cray:

No. Mizzou taught everyone how to d Jones

tumblr_n8d0b9KGY01s36l06o1_500.gif

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back