does coach Jake

volstuff37641

even study film of the up coming teams.Not sure he really has a game plan,Seems like he runs the same plays every game with nothing new added.If it works ok,if not,well it's like he keeps trying the same ole things.

Same ole thing worked against Alabama, USC and UK...Mizzou has a great defense and was able to manhandle the Oline and basically take Dobbs runs out of game. Also, it didn't help that our receivers dropped a ton of passes killing drives. Not OC fault...its all about execution...and that is what Mizzou did...executed the Vols. Not to worry...Vandy is next and we will survive to play on a bowl game...stay tuned.

I could pick on several plays but I could do that with almost every team.
If the catches that should have been caught, are caught... The game looks entirely different.

I'm not suggesting a better OC could not do more but I just am not going to
over react either.

I wish he would stop w that jet sweep. It seldom works.

True, the wrs did not help at alll, but just as every other good team has done, the exploited our weakneses. Seemed like there were a lot of them last night.

even study film of the up coming teams.Not sure he really has a game plan,Seems like he runs the same plays every game with nothing new added.If it works ok,if not,well it's like he keeps trying the same ole things.

Are people like you real? Did you watch the game? Did you see how the offensive line was unable to block almost on every play!!

Missouri's front 4 beat the crap out of our offensive linemen.

And despite the mismatch between our offensive line and their defensive line, if if Malone catches that pass the game is likely tied 16-16 or maybe even Tennessee leading 20-16.

Malone's drop/interception and Barnetts stupid personal foul changed the complexion of that game.

I could pick on several plays but I could do that with almost every team.
If the catches that should have been caught, are caught... The game looks entirely different.

I'm not suggesting a better OC could not do more but I just am not going to
over react either.

Uh, Pig had a big gain off that jet sweep, remember?

Reactions: 1 person
No, he never looks at film at all. He just plays golf from sunup until practice. Wow, the crazies are out in full force today. :crazy:

No, he never looks at film at all. He just plays golf from sunup until practice. Wow, the crazies are out in full force today. :crazy:

glad to know you have been setting in on coach Jakes meetingd.maybe youcan keep me updated on hie plans.:hi:

Well I don't think anyone has had amazing success on offense against UM besides UGA. They are a very good football team like it or not.

I wish he would stop w that jet sweep. It seldom works.

True, the wrs did not help at alll, but just as every other good team has done, the exploited our weakneses. Seemed like there were a lot of them last night.

I would've liked to see it more. Pig made a big play, and the announcers were constantly saying that Missouri was just stacking the inside. That's why the Dobbs inside run was getting stuffed. We needed the jet to spread them out more.

Last edited:

Looked like a pretty damn good game plan each of the last 2 weeks when we scored 95 pts and rolled up over 1,100 yds. Match ups matter chief.

There's not too many plays to call when the D-line is in the backfield in 1.5 seconds. The SEC is a line of scrimmage league. I don't understand why people can't wrap that around their brain.

You should submit resume.

Since his offense couldnt execute the simplist of his plays, which do you suggest he call?

Same ole thing worked against Alabama, USC and UK...Mizzou has a great defense and was able to manhandle the Oline and basically take Dobbs runs out of game. Also, it didn't help that our receivers dropped a ton of passes killing drives. Not OC fault...its all about execution...and that is what Mizzou did...executed the Vols. Not to worry...Vandy is next and we will survive to play on a bowl game...stay tuned.

U are correct. Every game is not gonna be easy as UK. We have to find other ways to win. SP teams played great and got points. But couple of point costing turnovers and dropped passes is to blame. Coleman burned on long td that made it 10 pt game. Coverage was ok but their WR made great catch. Their guys made the plays and ours fell short. On defense 3rd and 7 we stop em @ midfield and we get flagged for barnett ruffing passer. They go down get 3 pts. Players fault not coach

Last edited:
We just suck and always will. Every few years there will be a new weak unit. By the time the o-line gets competent we'll have terrible LBs or something. This plus the fact that we don't have flexible coaches willing not to run their stuff come hell or high water spells an eternity of mediocrity at best.

We just suck and always will. Every few years there will be a new weak unit. By the time the o-line gets competent we'll have terrible LBs or something. This plus the fact that we don't have flexible coaches willing not to run their stuff come hell or high water spells an eternity of mediocrity at best.

We don't just have a weak O-line because of some normal cyclical thing that's going on. We have a weak unit because Dooley went an entire class without getting any. To assume that we'll have similar weaknesses in other areas assumes that Butch makes the same mistake, and if there's an area he's proven himself in, it's recruiting.

I'm not saying we won't have weaknesses, but I don't expect to see a weakness that dooms the entire team, like this line.

lmfao

You should submit resume.

I agree. Forget the fact that these coaches get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars because that is their chosen profession. I wonder if my cardiologist really knows what he's doing, or is he just some idiot? Maybe I should let the girl behind the counter at Weigels get involved in, say, my dental work. I bet Coach Jake was working on the loading dock at Walmart right before he got this job. I was there last night and we got beat by a very good team. Lawd have mercy.

VN Store

Back