The game of ut football

vol445

End zone !!!!!
I really don't get what some of our fans problem really is. either your all vol or your not. I totally disagree with naming players and saying they suck or glad its his last year. some people totally over react to losses. the Missouri d was legit. we did make their o look good at times. play calling might of been questionable at times. however if you don't execute short to mid plays chances go down on the longer ones. I know it helps stretch the field. my point is some of you on the board have never won anything in your life and your only real chance at winning is through some one else, I get it. but please keep the hate for our players to yourself. they deserve better than fans like some of us.

Reactions: 9 people
Rational can be in short supply at times. The fan base is starved for a winner. Message boards aren't the best place most of the time for level headed conversation.. Everyone got caught up in the hype of the last two weeks.. Reality set back in yesterday.

Reactions: 2 people
I really don't get what some of our fans problem really is. either your all vol or your not. I totally disagree with naming players and saying they suck or glad its his last year. some people totally over react to losses. the Missouri d was legit. we did make their o look good at times. play calling might of been questionable at times. however if you don't execute short to mid plays chances go down on the longer ones. I know it helps stretch the field. my point is some of you on the board have never won anything in your life and your only real chance at winning is through some one else, I get it. but please keep the hate for our players to yourself. they deserve better than fans like some of us.

Yeah I'm pretty sure most people here are Vol fans even if they're upset about players/coaches.

That being said, I agree about calling out players (unless they've got attitude problems-lazy, divisive, complaining, etc). They're out there giving there all and not getting paid like coaches. No use telling players they suck when they don't have their best game.

Every fanbase for every school in America does it. But UT fans get extremely wrapped up in telling other fans how to act, what to say, what not to say and how to be a fan.

People are entitled to their opinions, message boards are an open forum for those opinions, people are going to express them and they are not always going to coincide with yours. That's life.

Reactions: 1 person
Kind of hard to be rational in a beer soaked state. I agree though. Gotta let the cooler heads prevail. You are still talking about barely legal adults.

I guess the fan base is just starved. We are probably about where reasonable preseason expectations would have put us. That doesn't mean we don't hope for more.
Beat Vandy.....

Every fanbase for every school in America does it. But UT fans get extremely wrapped up in telling other fans how to act, what to say, what not to say and how to be a fan.

People are entitled to their opinions, message boards are an open forum for those opinions, people are going to express them and they are not always going to coincide with yours. That's life.[/QUOT

They sure do, but the ones who show there ignorance are not only and embarrassment to there selfs but to there fan base as well..

yay. someone else telling me I'm supposed to settle for mediocrity! Thanks OP!

No. Not settling for mediocre at all. But what I was trying to convey was if I beat you down for doing that eventually you will believe you are that and will settle. The ones that had a bad game, season know it. No sense in us beating them down by name

I know several former players and two on the team. If you don't think it gets shown your wrong

VN Store

Back