Face it Missouri is a much better team than some of you want to believe

landscapingvol

their defense played as good if not better than Bama's when we faced them. There is a reason they have won 8 straight SEC road games, we were outplayed and outcoached in the 4th quarter. It happens. Losing AJ Johnson hurt more than some of you want to admit, time for Vandy.

Reactions: 1 person
They were 8-2 for a reason. Way too many posters got carried away thinking we were a top 20 team simply because we beat the snot out of 2 terrible defenses in KY and USCjr. Dobbs is definitely our QB going forward, but he still has a lot of room for improvement. And yes, the absences on our team hurt last night.

Reactions: 7 people
Yes, yes and yes! Agree they are the second best team we have played. Had we played this game in September with Worley at QB we probably lose 35-3. Their defensive ends completely blew up our offensive line. We started 7 true freshmen and played without 4 starters. Losing Marquez North and A.J. Is hard to overcome. Our WR's seem to have trouble getting any separation on most plays. Mizzou is for real and is a better team than GA I hope they win next week and get to Atlanta.

They were 8-2 for a reason. Way too many posters got carried away thinking we were a top 20 team simply because we beat the snot out of 2 terrible defenses in KY and USCjr. Dobbs is definitely our QB going forward, but he still has a lot of room for improvement. And yes, the absences on our team hurt last night.

Post of the day! And it's early....

Yes to all of that.

But but but... How can MO be such a good football team without top ranked recruiting classes. It seems that so much is placed on recruiting that fans not realize the importance of coaching.

We need a much better offensive line (including the TEs)--the reason we lost the game. We get a better line, we will see Hurd at his best. He's been stout all year and gotten sh-- for blocking--look at last night. So many freakin' injuries, too--never helps, and then AJ getting into trouble right before his last home game.

RS Jr's and RS Sr's sprinkled all through their two deep. Hopefully we'll look like that in a few years..

Their dline just manhandled our Oline and that was the biggest difference.

But but but... How can MO be such a good football team without top ranked recruiting classes. It seems that so much is placed on recruiting that fans not realize the importance of coaching.

It's not like Mizzou doesn't have talent.. They have 2 future NFL defensive ends and Most of their talent is upperclassmen. Most of our talent is freshmen and sophomores with a few Juniors and Srs.

I would make the argument that coaching matters in college football more than any other sport out there, including the NFL.

RS Jr's and RS Sr's sprinkled all through their two deep. Hopefully we'll look like that in a few years..

Their dline just manhandled our Oline and that was the biggest difference.

Agree. We lost to a better team last night. We are headed in the right direction.

Missouri has had stability.. They've been able to RS and bring players along in their system unitl they're ready to play. Sometimes that's a bigger deal than where your class was ranked.

Tennessee is playing catch up to a lot of these teams in the SEC. Only recruiting, time and turnover will fix. Oh yeah that stability thing also. We don't need a lot of turnover in this staff for a while. They need to stay intact and develop players so the script is flipped down the road..

Jones may be a great coach, Pinkel IS. a great coach.

There is no substitute for experience, and they do have a good bit of it. They are also, as mentioned, well-coached and tough. I knew their defense was good, but it exceeded my expectations. Their offense was not as inconsistent as I was hoping it would be. We have come a long way, since even the first of this year. I hope Missouri wins the East now. I think that they will give either Bama or MSU a tough game in the SECCG.

their defense played as good if not better than Bama's when we faced them. There is a reason they have won 8 straight SEC road games, we were outplayed and outcoached in the 4th quarter. It happens. Losing AJ Johnson hurt more than some of you want to admit, time for Vandy.

We weren't outcoached. We were far less penalized, we won the field position game all night and our special teams created points. Our O line was flat out owned by their front 4. Because of that we couldn't run or protect the QB. Their Defense whipped us and caused 3 turnovers.
Other than their D, Mizzou looked like garbage. Flagged for delays, false starts and even too many men in the huddle following a timeout! Pinkle's a great coach but we weren't outcoached last night. Our Offense, especially the line, were just beaten like a drum.

Reactions: 2 people
stability is a must for this program. these player never quit and I think some of that is their respect for the coach. I'd like to have won too, but really every team that's beat us this year is better than us, except maybe Fla. And their talent is at least as good.

I still think Georgia gives the East the best chance at a SEC championship upset. Missouri has been playing well but they'd get beat down by Bama.. Bama has a Oline and if we had one last night we'd be happy this morning..

Jones may be a great coach, Pinkel IS. a great coach.

Pinkel has to be be a very good evaluator of talent to fit his system plus his staff does an excellent job of coaching. On paper his teams should not be able to compete in the SEC.

MO is a very good example that the number of stars players has does not equal wins. A good coaching staff can do more with less.

Their Pro Dline kicked our amateur Oline's butt. That was the main difference as all could see.

We weren't outcoached. We were far less penalized, we won the field position game all night and our special teams created points. Our O line was flat out owned by their front 4. Because of that we couldn't run or protect the QB. Their Defense whipped us and caused 3 turnovers.
Other than their D, Mizzou looked like garbage. Flagged for delays, false starts and even too many men in the huddle following a timeout! Pinkle's a great coach but we weren't outcoached last night. Our Offense, especially the line, were just beaten like a drum.
I prefer the term "beaten like a rented mule" but the rest I agree with

An easy west schedule, a down east, and no Oregon or Oklahoma home and home series is why Missouri has won 10 road games.

Spot on!! 👍👍👏👏

I don't think they were the better team but they are more resilient.

We failed to overcome suspensions, distractions and injuries. That is a lot for a very, very young team to overcome.

As they say: WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!

Last edited:
Their defensive line looked real good. Our offense is getting predictable, shotgun handoff, quarterback draw, wide reciever screen, end around.We win next week, we are going to a bowl. more practice for everyone. Nobody in there right mind thought we were a six win team back in august. Next year will be better. 2016 we battle for the east.

VN Store

Back