Vandy not playing for a bowl helps us

govols105

have a chance to win. though i have my doubts with this offensive coaching staff.

We are their bowl game, so they will play us as well as they can. I think we win by 17+ points, but crazier things have happened.

Reactions: 1 person
What's our road record this year?

Yes, UT should be favored, and should win. But this being Vandy's bowl game...our OL...the absence of AJ, and the cloud hanging over the team...and our 1-2 record in "games we should have won" has me concerned.

Need to knock Vandy out early. The longer and later they're in this game, the more likely we find a way to hand them a win.

Go Vols.

Last edited:
Living up to the label. Like the others have said, we are their bowl game. They'll give max effort against us. That said, I think we should win by at least 2 scores.

Reactions: 1 person
What's our road record this year?

Yes, UT should be favored, and should win. But this being Vandy's bowl game...our OL...the absence of AJ, and the cloud hanging over the team...and our 1-2 record in "games we should have won" has me concerned.

Need to knock Vandy out early. The longer and later they're in this game, the more likely we find a way to hand them a win.

Go Vols.

Road record? We're playing at home my friend.

I expect to win. If we don't, then I think it's safe to say CBJ is not our long term solution.

I expect to win. If we don't, then I think it's safe to say CBJ is not our long term solution.

If the Vols lose, this place will be beyond meltdown mode. I agree with you on Jones. Last night was a coaching failure. A loss next week would be Dooley-like.

Vandy will come out fired up. Their lack of identity, talent, and confidence will show up sooner than later.

They will fight for a little bit, but will will beat them and do it in style.

Think about what's on the line...

A bowl.
Recruiting for the Nashville area.
Several freshman from that area with a chance to ball out at "home".

We got this.

Seems like Vandy would relish beating us 3 straight seasons and knocking us out of bowl eligibility despite their horrible season. They are terrible but ruining our season is high motivation i'd guess.

Depending on which UT team shows up, it could be a cakewalk victory or squeaker. I'm not ready to mark anything down as a win with this team yet.

Come on man! Vandy was calling the MSU game their "Super Bowl." They got curb stomped.

Vandy should be flying white flags around campus to signify their surrender before the game. That's their best chance of mercy before the marauding Volunteer defense reencts the Viking raid on Lindisfarne:

In this year fierce, foreboding omens came over the land of the Northumbrians, and the wretched people shook; there were excessive whirlwinds, lightning, and fiery dragons were seen flying in the sky. These signs were followed by great famine, and a little after those, that same year on 6th ides of January, the ravaging of wretched heathen people destroyed God's church at Lindisfarne.

Knoxville West!

Used to be, but lest anyone forget...they currently hold a 2 game streak against UT, and you have to go back to '06 to find a 20+ point Vol win.

Knoxville West? Not right now.

This game will hinge entirely on which UT team shows up. While Vandy and Mizzou are worlds apart, last night didn't do much for my confidence level.

Vols need to show up angry, and put this one away early. Anything less, and you can rightfully begin to question the caliber of the coaching staff.

Go Vols.

VN Store

Back