Fellow VN'ers- step OFF the cliff

1SmokinVol

Please- we got beat by a good Mizzou team. They do not recruit well but what they do great is get decent athletes that stick around. They are a very mature team, 4-5 years in a D1 S&C program, 4-5 years of consistent coaching. They play alot of 21-22 year olds with experience, we have 18-19 year olds that were in high school this time last year plus a guy with a torn ACL!!! Our senior leader is out for the game and the guy that calls the back of the defense is out for the 1st half...6-6 go to a bowl game. Corner is turned- last year we would have gotten BLOWN OUT in that game (we did last year). Try not to be too hard on the Coaches they are doing the best with what they have....

Reactions: 6 people
and all along I thought this was a forum to state your views and air some thoughts....Oh well, sorry for the misuse

Reactions: 1 person
and all along I thought this was a forum to state your views and air some thoughts....Oh well, sorry for the misuse

No one says you can't but sheesh, we go from "We Best" to "We Suck" after wins and losses.

So step back from the cliff and get a grip.

My view, my thoughts.

Oh but its OK to start a million bs threads about how good we r now n that dobbs is the next superman n the negavol eat crow thread...but ark has less talent n beat 2 top 20 teams back to back but its a process....lol

Getting to a bowl is a step but its a baby step for considering how inept we look on off against top 20 teams

So you're telling them to jump right? Well... Regardless there's a few we outta just go ahead and shove off if we catch them on a cliff edge, that's ok right?

Oh but its OK to start a million bs threads about how good we r now n that dobbs is the next superman n the negavol eat crow thread...but ark has less talent n beat 2 top 20 teams back to back but its a process....lol

Getting to a bowl is a step but its a baby step for considering how inept we look on off against top 20 teams

Ark...less talent. Don't think so.
Process...yes it is.
Now, on to the Dores, sixth win, and a bowl game. By the way, how long has it been since we've been bowling?

GO VOLS!

That's reserved for sheep. Not all crticism is negative. Only if they don't learn from it.

For the record, there aren't many in this fan base that possess the capability to be teaching the coaching staff anything but how to cry and whine and I don't think they are interested.

We played a good team last night. Nobody should have expected a walk over 50 point game like Kentucky. We played a mature team and it showed. Remember we still have the chance to go bowling with a win over Candy next week.

For the record, there aren't many in this fan base that possess the capability to be teaching the coaching staff anything but how to cry and whine and I don't think they are interested.

I know they aren't interested. That doesn't change the fact that errors were made. I hope they learn from them. Many on here need to seperate emotion from opinions or critique both on the positive and negative side.

I am betting you'll here a lot of the same topics this morning on the sports talk shows.

We played a good team last night. Nobody should have expected a walk over 50 point game like Kentucky. We played a mature team and it showed. Remember we still have the chance to go bowling with a win over Candy next week.

That is game we should win easily.

It was senior night and they announced what... 18 seniors? We'll be fine next year. I am sad that the breaks (except during the SCAR fame) all seemed to go against us during the season, at least the ones that determines win or lose.

I'm as upset as anyone about last night, but I knew that our O would struggle against them, just not as much as they did. I do know now not to ever sit close to the visitor section though, all that did was make me hate Missouri all the more. It makes my blood absolutely boil that we are 0-3 against these a-hats.

Thought bout jumpin off Henley St bridge after the game, thank god I didn't ...but I did stay at the holiday inn

I don't believe you graduated from any University.

No joke. We still have a bright future and we will be fine. Everyone has bad games, we will be just fine.

Arkansas was 1 year removed from a 9 or 10 win season when BB took over. UT was 4 years removed from 7 win season. Honestly if I was an Arkansas fan I would be dissapointed of BB didnt bring their program back before UT.

Arkansas was 1 year removed from a 9 or 10 win season when BB took over. UT was 4 years removed from 7 win season. Honestly if I was an Arkansas fan I would be dissapointed of BB didnt bring their program back before UT.

Pretty much. I don't think that even the most level headed of fans realize just how depleted the coaching changes and lazy recurring by Dooley made the program.

VN Store

Back