Offensive Line Issues

VolPack22

Jessica Alba wears my Daddy hat
The only reason we are in the hole we are in is because the offensive line. Another mess Butch has to clean up as all of us know. Once we have the guys in next year to fit the system we will be dominate. And with the defensive talent we have coming in nobody will want to play us. We should win the east and have at least 9 wins next year. Sec championship here we come!!!

Reactions: 5 people
If the offensive line can become just pretty good, our offense will look alot like it did against kentucky against most SEC schools.

The line was exposed once again by an excellent defensive front. Dobbs looks great against defensive fronts that are weak because he can run. Missouri's Dlinemen and LBs did a great job of disrupting, containing, and chasing Dobbs. Our Oline did not touch those guys at times. Replays showed them just blowing by them or just pushing them aside. The line cannot block and back up at the same time. Is this a technique problem or lack of strength? It may be both. But is a problem that has to get fixed. Butch and company have done a great job recruiting speed on defense and getting athletes but they had better stock up on O linemen!

Reactions: 2 people
Linemen do not get bigger, faster or stronger during the season. That is what the off season work is for. What I hope they did get is smarter. Coming back stronger, bigger and quicker combined with the experience SHOULD equal better line play.

The line was exposed once again by an excellent defensive front. Dobbs looks great against defensive fronts that are weak because he can run. Missouri's Dlinemen and LBs did a great job of disrupting, containing, and chasing Dobbs. Our Oline did not touch those guys at times. Replays showed them just blowing by them or just pushing them aside. The line cannot block and back up at the same time. Is this a technique problem or lack of strength? It may be both. But is a problem that has to get fixed. Butch and company have done a great job recruiting speed on defense and getting athletes but they had better stock up on O linemen!

Looks like they watched the Oklahoma film a lot.

Reactions: 1 person
Of all the positions, the Oline is the one that takes the longest to turn around. I see some flashes of potential with Kendrick. Blair I think can be that guy. We need Keybyson to be a guard and not a tackle.

After the Auburn shellacking last year, CBJ commented on the difference in team speed. So guess what, he went out and recruited speed, especially on the defensive side of the ball. As a result, our defense is 10x better than last year. He very well knows our O-line needs improvement, so I guarantee he is spending a great deal of his recruiting time convincing the best high school O-lineman in the country Tennessee is the place they need to be. I expect significant improvement next year.

Of all the positions, the Oline is the one that takes the longest to turn around. I see some flashes of potential with Kendrick. Blair I think can be that guy. We need Keybyson to be a guard and not a tackle.

The bigger question is who is your starting 5 next year... It is so glaring this is the weakest spot of the team. Outside of Roberston at RG and maybe Croweder at Center.. I think every spot could have a new starter next year.

FACT : Butch has had 2 classes to get lineman but hes still using Dooley players on the

FACT: The consensus here is Dooley is to blame for not recruiting lineman.

FACT : message boards amuse me.

The bigger question is who is your starting 5 next year... It is so glaring this is the weakest spot of the team. Outside of Roberston at RG and maybe Croweder at Center.. I think every spot could have a new starter next year.

My guess (L to R)

Blair
Jackson
(??)
Robertson
(??)

Lokks like to me Butch signed 8 o-linemen in 2013 that should be sophomores now. Other than Wiseman I don't think any of them have played. Are they all busts?

Bringing in a lot of true freshmen on O line isn't really feasible either. What is the status of our juco transfer that we have and are they looking at one or two more? I know juco isn't always a hit but I see that as our quickest stopgap patch.

Lokks like to me Butch signed 8 o-linemen in 2013 that should be sophomores now. Other than Wiseman I don't think any of them have played. Are they all busts?
Lokks like to me you have no idea how to count or how to English. We signed 3 in 2013.

My guess (L to R)

Blair
Jackson
(??)
Robertson
(??)

I think you are right.

Center battle- Crowder/Thomas
RT Tackle-J Jones and I have no other idea.

We have not recruited at Tackle overall in several years. The other big question is what factors will Kendrick, Sanders and Weisman have moving forward or will they potentially be over recruited. If so, that put a huge gap in our scholarship distribution

If we can land another true tackle kerbyson moves back to guard which is where he should be playing now but we're too thin at tackle. Then he's a reserve tackle while starting at guard. When you draft up these depth charts keep in mind we got guys playing out of position right now

Let's see who has the best off-season. Maybe C. Moseley will be ready for action. I expect something like:

Blair, Jackson, Crowder or Wiesman, Robertson, Kendrick or C. Mosley. I think CBJ will try and redshirt Coleman Thomas like we really needed to this year. Raulerson will be coming off RS and available. RS FR Sanders too.

Our only losses are Gilliam and Pair...unless there are transfers, etc.

Then again, maybe Richmond will be starting at RT!!! Time for him to turn!

VN Store

Back