Mizzou fans.

GoTNvols13

Did anyone else notice that it's hard to dislike their fans? It's like you wanna not like em but they were all nice. They kept telling us how no one really respected them so they went along business like and just tried to win games to prove themselves. Some of their cheers feel like youre at a high school game tho hahha.

Aside from the MU fan behind me yelling "all night long" whenever MU made a play, I thought their fans were fine. I was disappointed at our fans throwing bottles at the MU bench late in the game.

Aside from the guy behind me yelling "all night long" whenever MU made a play, I thought their fans were fine. I was disappointed at our fans throwing bottles at the MU bench late in the game.

Our fans or our student section?

Reactions: 1 person
I lived in Columbia, Missouri for a couple years. People up there acted surprised that I wore shoes because I was from Tennessee. I was asked more than once if I'd grown up going to a one-room schoolhouse. They have nothing but contempt for the south and they have no business being in our conference. All they are is a bunch of redneck kids with cows*** on their shoes who are starstruck at going to the one decent college in the state. You'd think that "pretentious redneck" would be an oxymoron, but not in Columbia, Missouri.

Reactions: 9 people
Student section I believe. We were in E and bottles were flying from E and the next section in the direction of mid field. I hate to lose but there is NO reason/excuse for what happened tonight. Unfortunately some of our visitors to Neyland tonight will view the actions of a dozen or so out of 95,000 as representing the whole of VOL Nation. Bummer!

Reactions: 3 people
The Missouri fans sitting around us in section K were very nice and respectful. I give them credit for how well they supported their team tonight.

Reactions: 2 people
Student section I believe. We were in E and bottles were flying from E and the next section in the direction of mid field. I hate to lose but there is NO reason/excuse for what happened tonight. Unfortunately some of our visitors to Neyland tonight will view the actions of a dozen or so out of 95,000 as representing the whole of VOL Nation. Bummer!

Nothing new here...student section emptied early, as usual. Guess they threw their trash before exiting. NOT much to brag about, especially when they whine about having to pay $5 for a ticket.:whistling:

Reactions: 5 people
Nothing new here...student section emptied early, as usual. Guess they threw their trash before exiting. NOT much to brag about, especially when they whine about having to pay $5 for a ticket.:whistling:

I accidentally liked your post when I was shooting for the quote button. Unless things have changed, tickets are not $5 and students should ***** even if they were only $5. Students should be free, they pay a $300+ activity fee who's original intent was to cover tickets. What if a student has no interest in attending sporting events, can they opt out? No it's automatically part of tuition. If you're going to make students pay a fee then the money should actually cover something. its not the students fault that the UT A.D. manages money worse than a 10 yr old in Toys r Us.

Reactions: 4 people
They got an overall friendly fan base.

I mean compared to a lot of teams in the SEC they are basically saints...

...err Tigers.

Hate that! Yeah, that is just so sad. :yes:
Now, snap and clear.
On to the Dores, six wins, and a bowl. :pepper:

GO VOLS!

I'm really surprised people in CoMo made it out that Tenn folks where hillbillies?? We use to get that all the time from people who moved into our Area from Calif.,Ohio,Iowa etc. Thought we was the L' Abner ,Beverly Hillbilly land...

I will say this Missouri is a very weird state,we are bordered by 8 other states..most in the union so you get a lot of transplants bring different influences....you can break Mizzou down into different regions...the Ozarks and Boothill area have a Southern feel....St.Louis region has more of a eastern upper Midwest feel. KC region and is pure Midwest. So it depends on where you are at in the state. I'm from the Ozarks where hunting,fishing,leaf Tobacco,Rebel Flags in Truck windows with gun racks dominate.....Head to ST.L and KC not so much many of them folks think we are not from Mizzou....this diversity is a weakness and a strength.

Aside from the MU fan behind me yelling "all night long" whenever MU made a play, I thought their fans were fine. I was disappointed at our fans throwing bottles at the MU bench late in the game.

were the bottles empty or full? why waste good bourbon like that??

Were very nice after the game. Several asked for directions and things like that. Didn't throw the loss in our face like others might have.

I thought Mizzou fans acted Rey classy as well as the coach. They waited until we were done with senior day prior to running on the field before the game. Don't think saban or gators would have done that.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm really surprised people in CoMo made it out that Tenn folks where hillbillies?? We use to get that all the time from people who moved into our Area from Calif.,Ohio,Iowa etc. Thought we was the L' Abner ,Beverly Hillbilly land...

I will say this Missouri is a very weird state,we are bordered by 8 other states..most in the union so you get a lot of transplants bring different influences....you can break Mizzou down into different regions...the Ozarks and Boothill area have a Southern feel....St.Louis region has more of a eastern upper Midwest feel. KC region and is pure Midwest. So it depends on where you are at in the state. I'm from the Ozarks where hunting,fishing,leaf Tobacco,Rebel Flags in Truck windows with gun racks dominate.....Head to ST.L and KC not so much many of them folks think we are not from Mizzou....this diversity is a weakness and a strength.

Actually your information is incorrect if you are talking about Missouri. Tennessee has more border states than any other state followed by Kentucky.

Both are bordered by 8 states...it's a tie...I quick count with my atlas and a google search confirmed it....Sorry I left out Tenn. as a tie. I just had recalled that info from back in grade school and the Missouri test.

Ignorance is correctable; stupidity is permanent.

One can only hope they quickly move out of the area...or educate themselves.

If I saw someone throwing a bottle that was capable of inflicting injury on someone I'd rat him out in a minute. That's just plain ignorant and does not reflect true Vol fans. That just reflects drunks that should have stayed home better yet be in jail for attempted assault imo.

VN Store

Back