I think our WR are not well coached

MurphyVol

Hard to believe so many highly rated guys are busts. With all the talk about North, Pearson, Malone Croom I thought Pig would be the odd man out. Turns out he seems to be the only guy that brings it every game. I swear, the other guys don't look like they know where they are supposed to be, get no separation and (most importantly) can't catch

The play calling isn't exactly supporting the WR core and the few passes thrown tonight were dropped by butterfingers, Pig included.

Reactions: 2 people
Hard to believe so many highly rated guys are busts. With all the talk about North, Pearson, Malone Croom I thought Pig would be the odd man out. Turns out he seems to be the only guy that brings it every game. I swear, the other guys don't look like they know where they are supposed to be, get no separation and (most importantly) can't catch

Herbstreit, said on one replay " look" Dobbs is out of the pocket and running for his life and receivers are not coming back to the ball, just standing there watching Dobbs run for his life. . A third graded would know to do that

I agree so far the WRs are lacking anything period no separation. Cant catch anything that hits them in the hands. And cant block.

So you're saying that our coaches are coaching the WR to drop passes that hit them in the hands?

And after tonight's game you didn't notice PIG does this as well.

Quality thread bro

Reactions: 1 person
I think the routes and scramble drills are coaching / lack thereof. However it's not the coaches fault that they drop the ball - that's s different problem

So you're saying that our coaches are coaching the WR to drop passes that hit them in the hands?

And after tonight's game you didn't notice PIG does this as well.

Quality thread bro

So once they get to college, they don't need to work in catching any more? Thanks. I'll sell my stock in the company that makes the jugs machines

Lots of dropped passes tonight. Can't blame that on coaching. We were flat on offense tonight period.

Last edited:
I don't like the way we rotate receivers constantly.

I don't like how we don't throw to them in the middle of the field often enough

I don't like how they don't seem to get great separation

They block pretty well though

After tonight, im hoping theres a new level of respect to Worley! It wasnt him, and we cant say its Dobbs. Surely, 3 highly touted QBs cant be that bad.

If you havent already, we hope youre asking wtf to the OC!

I'm inclined to agree except the OC forgot to include them on many plays until 58 minutes deep in the game.
It was mostly a Dobbs and Hurd offense absent of an OL, TEs, or WRs. A noble effort on Dobbs and Hurd's part, I might add.

But yeah, with North out of the game, there wasn't much help coming from boastful Pearson (I feel sorry for Missouri), or Croom, Malone, Johnson, and Pig. You're right. They can't get much separation ever. Josh Smith had really developed into a reliable go-to receiver until his injury. North was also reliable, but now he's out too.

North has been hurt with what i suspect has been a torn labrum which he tried to play with... cant think of many if any situations where Pearson has made a mistake.. Hard to do much without the ball.. Minus some drops tonight Pig has been fantastic this season.. Malones a freshman that has made freshmen mistakes hard to call him or any of these guys a bust...

I don't like the way we rotate receivers constantly.

I don't like how we don't throw to them in the middle of the field often enough

I don't like how they don't seem to get great separation

They block pretty well though

Agree except did you see Croom blocking for Hurd in the 1st half ? Oh ya thats because he wasn't. They miss alot.

If Croom had blocked his man on the screen pass that was initially called a fumble, Hurd would have taken the ball down inside the 10 yard line or even scored a aTD.

If we ever have a decent O-Line again, we'll know for sure whether or not it's Bajakian's or not. The question for next year, will be can Mahoney get the O-Line in a decent enough position to be able to determine whether or not Bajakian can actually call a game.

This is the sad state of affairs with this program right now.

But Azzani has had so much success everywhere he's been. Just ask Florida fans.

I agree so far the WRs are lacking anything period no separation. Cant catch anything that hits them in the hands. And cant block.

The receivers had a bad game but the previous two games they played very well. Missouri's D line was getting to Dobbs before the receivers had a chance to get any separation so not sure it's fair to blame the receivers for that in this game. Losing Smith and North playing injured most of the year has really hurt.

Last edited:
still think the vols are a better away team, think these kids
are afraid to fail in front of so many people.. (imo) ..they play nervous at home to up tight ..again..(imo)

still think the vols are a better away team, think these kids
are afraid to fail in front of so many people.. (imo) ..they play nervous at home to up tight ..again..(imo)

We have won one road game this year. I do think we were pressing against Florida but tonight Missouri was just better. To many distractions and injuries for a young thin team to overcome.

If Croom had blocked his man on the screen pass that was initially called a fumble, Hurd would have taken the ball down inside the 10 yard line or even scored a aTD.

lol each kid ..one at time..you guys call them out..

Reactions: 2 people

Are you a coach or just a whiney fan who does not know better?

VN Store

Back