So Proud of This Team!

peyton4heisman

Senior Lurker New Member
Warning: long post ahead.

Let me start by saying that of course I'm not happy about losing the 3rd straight game vs. Missouri.

That said, all things considered, I am extremely proud of our boys and what they have managed to accomplish this season.

Vandy is a gimme. We WILL beat them handily and WILL go to a bowl game this year.

Before the season started, I think most of us said that 6-6 was the goal going in. Some of us (myself included) thought we would steal a game or 2 and end up with 7-8 wins. But here we are staring 6-6 in the face.

However, this is exactly what we needed. A bowl game, extra practice, and momentum going into next season. Why am I so proud of a 6-6 Vols team that could have gone 8-5?

We had several reasons to mail it in and give up this year: we lost our starting QB. We lost many starters at skill positions (WR especially), we lost linemen on a line that returned ZERO starters. We lost AJ, North, Gilliam, Smith, Pearson, Worley, and Bates as well as many others.

We should have lost the SC game, but we never gave up. We should have beaten FL, but didn't quit after losing. We hung in there with GA.

We are going bowling guys. We have a chance to finish with our first winning season in forever. We have a new QB who will only get better. We have one of the nastiest receiving corps in the history of cfb. We have the SEC's most promising RB. We have a STUD DE who is performing better in his freshman year than Clowney did. We still have Sutton. We have 2 five star DTs and a host of LB and secondary players coming. Perhaps most importantly, we have a brand new OL on the way.

Today was not fun. But keep it positive, guys! We are set up and primed to compete for the East in 2015 and, God willing, set up to compete for a playoff spot in 2016!!!

Go Vols and let's let our players and recruits know we appreciate their hard work and that we are behind them 100%

Last edited:
Reactions: 28 people
Proud of our players. Embarrassed by our coach. Not only was he was too conservative to win. But also the to at the end was horrible. Herbstreit is usually very cautious saying anything negative about anyone really.... But he was totally down on Butch. And he's completely accurate. It's one thing to be chicken $hit. But when you're a chichen $hit and dumb all at the same time, that's not good

Reactions: 5 people
Proud of our players. Embarrassed by our coach. Not only was he was too conservative to win. But also the to at the end was horrible. Herbstreit is usually very cautious saying anything negative about anyone really.... But he was totally down on Butch. And he's completely accurate. It's one thing to be chicken $hit. But when you're a chichen $hit and dumb all at the same time, that's not good

Takes one to know one?

Reactions: 1 person

Let me start by saying that of course I'm not happy about losing the 3rd straight game vs. Missouri.

That said, all things considered, I am extremely proud of our boys and what they have managed to accomplish this season.

Vandy is a gimme. We WILL beat them handily and WILL go to a bowl game this year.

Before the season started, I think most of us said that 6-6 was the goal going in. Some of us (myself included) thought we would steal a game or 2 and end up with 7-8 wins. But here we are staring 6-6 in the face.

However, this is exactly what we needed. A bowl game, extra practice, and momentum going into next season. Why am I so proud of a 6-6 Vols team that could have gone 8-5?

We had several reasons to mail it in and give up this year: we lost our starting QB. We lost many starters at skill positions (WR especially), we lost linemen on a line that returned ZERO starters. We lost AJ, North, Gilliam, Smith, Pearson, Worley, and Bates as well as many others.

We should have lost the SC game, but we never gave up. We should have beaten FL, but didn't quit after losing. We hung in there with GA.

We are going bowling guys. We have a chance to finish with our first winning season in forever. We have a new QB who will only get better. We have one of the nastiest receiving corps in the history of cfb. We have the SEC's most promising RB. We have a STUD DE who is performing better in his freshman year than Clowney did. We still have Sutton. We have 2 five star DTs and a host of LB and secondary players coming. Perhaps most importantly, we have a brand new OL on the way.

Today was not fun. But keep it positive, guys! We are set up and primed to compete for the East in 2015 and, God willing, set up to compete for a playoff spot in 2016!!!

Go Vols and let's let our players and recruits know we appreciate their hard work and that we are behind them 100%

They were beat by a good team and they played hard the whole game. I was afraid they would lose, esp after losing AJ

I agree that at times Burch 's decisions are frustrating. But overall, big picture in mind, I am happy with him. He has room to grow and I have faith that he will learn from his mistakes and challenge himself to grow just as he challenges our boys. I'm not ready to throw him under the bus. If our record is not substantially better next season I will personally tie him down in the bus lane at the closest elementary school.

Maybe you can find Butch's house and you and Harvey can go poison some trees. Maybe that will make you feel better

We all make mistakes I put fork in light socket while watching a chicken sh!# so I was dumb but not wait...... I was dumb BC a I put the fork their and I said chicken shi! While watching the chicken I'm that guy oh noooooo!

:rock:post of the Day

Reactions: 2 people
I would leave Chattavol420 alone guys, we all love the Big Orange seriously, bad play calling tonight........ if you look at the board many are complaining about the onside kick but seriously, we should not have been in that position, I have said this on other threads, we had great field position most of the night but we seem to run Obvious plays. The defense did as well as they could do, props to them, I know we are going to complain about the two td's they tossed for but seriously.... if you keep throwing, eventually a few pay off, only if we would try that?!

Last edited:
We all make mistakes I put fork in light socket while watching a chicken sh!# so I was dumb but not wait...... I was dumb BC a I put the fork their and I said chicken shi! While watching the chicken I'm that guy oh noooooo!

I am so confused after reading this...

We haven't beat Missouri in three years....haven't beat Florida in a decade...haven't beat Georgia since 2009....haven't beat Alabama since Saban has been there and have lost to Vanderbilt 2 years in a row....we will not compete for the east for a while

does ..not.. compute...

We haven't beat Missouri in three years....haven't beat Florida in a decade...haven't beat Georgia since 2009....haven't beat Alabama since Saban has been there and have lost to Vanderbilt 2 years in a row....we will not compete for the east for a while

And you haven't had a single worthwhile post in 53 tries.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Maybe you can find Butch's house and you and Harvey can go poison some trees. Maybe that will make you feel better

There is a huge difference between what Harvey Updike did and actually being able to evaluate a football team. Maybe you and Harvey have more in common than you think. That being said the game tonight was an example of horrible coaching and Butch Jones deserves all of the criticism that he is receiving.

There is just no "give up" in this team. I actually thought after the last missed PAT from Mizzou...UT is going to sneak another win, because Mizzou is going to let off the gas. Wish Butch would have saved the OTs.

I would leave Chattavol420 alone guys, we all love the Big Orange seriously, bad play calling tonight........ if you look at the board many are complaining about the onside kick but seriously, we should not have been in that position, I have said this on other threads, we had great field position most of the night but we seem to run Obvious plays. The defense did as well as they could do, props to them, I know we are going to complain about the two td's they tossed for but seriously.... if you keep throwing, eventually a few pay off, only if we would try that?!

It's not rocket science. Or in this case, even the rocket scientist.

Our OL is bad. On top of that, several O Linemen are injured. That's it in a nutshell.

VN Store

Back