Bajakian narrowly misses his 3rd no TD game

I don't know if Bajakian will be consistently great or not. But, I do know this. No OC is going to look good when the O Line is physically dominated on nearly every play. You can scheme all you want, but at best, you will get what we got tonight. We could get a few first downs, but couldn't sustain anything. Getting blown up for 5-yard losses on straight handoffs on first down have a negative impact on your offense.

Until we get better up front, we are going to struggle against better defenses. However, I sincerely believe we will be much better up front next season, Dobbs will have another offseason under his belt, and we will be good.

We also made a lot of offensive mistakes tonight, with dropped passes being terrible.

Reactions: 7 people
I hope Vandy is ready for a heavy dose of lateral passes

The line couldn't give enough time long passes. Did you even watch the game? Dobbs felt rushed and his passes weren't as good as they have been and we dropped a ton of passes. Things just didn't go right tonight and the only game ball given out tonight would be to Darr.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah I know his play calling looked great the past 2 games, but we were facing UK and USC both which have rather weak Ds. This is exactly why I wasn't willing to praise him just because Dobbs made his playcalling look stellar.
Yes Dobbs just works better with his O but the past 2 games were more Dobbs exploiting weak Ds than Bajakians playcalling.

This offense will work in the SEC. Play calling is suspect at times, but damn, Our Oline got owned all night, so why not throw it out to the flat and hope your guy can break a tackle. Is it any worse then running it up the middle and getting stuffed for no yards? If these young guys can develop and get meaner and stronger it will be similar to auburn offense.

The line couldn't give enough time long passes. Did you even watch the game? Dobbs felt rushed and his passes weren't as good as they have been and we dropped a ton of passes. Things just didn't go right tonight and the only game ball given out tonight would be to Darr.

I watched the game and I saw plenty of time once the offense was opened up and the pocket was rolled. The only problem was this adjustment was not made until 3 minutes to go.

Guys, Florida and Tennessee were mirror images this season.

You can not play offense with a terrible offensive line.

and

in Florida's case, you can not play offense with a terrible quarterback.

Now, you can argue that coaching should have made the line better, but all the coaching in the world wouldn't help the Jacksonville Jaguars right now.

It's unfortunate because it dragged the whole team down with it, but you can't blame the coaches for this.

If it is bad year, after year, after year......then, go after the coaches.

Reactions: 2 people
I've been known to be a Bajakian questioner in the past but that was a really good D we faced tonight and Crowder was missing on an already weak oline. There were also a ton of drops largely due to great coverage. Again a great D. We lost to a good defense and on some bad coverages of our own. I don't lay this one on Bajakian.

It's also very likely these very serious allegations distracted everyone, coaches and players. Regardless how we all felt Wednesday.

I watched the game and I saw plenty of time once the offense was opened up and the pocket was rolled. The only problem was this adjustment was not made until 3 minutes to go.

The Mizz D was in Prevent mode. They giving us the underneath stuff while protecting against the deep pass. It was more of a defensive adjustment than an offensive adjustment.

We will win 10-7 in Nashville and lose in overtime to Northwest Alabama Tech State in the Who Cares Bowl.

If that happens will you leave this site for good? I don't think there is enough chemo to treat your cancerous attitude on this board.

We have had 7 lousy seasons in a row. 7. And the one supposed bright spot in there was the Kiffin year. It's naíve to be positive.

We will win 10-7 in Nashville and lose in overtime to Northwest Alabama Tech State in the Who Cares Bowl.

You really are getting off on this aren't you? BTW the Iron Bowl has a kick off of 7:45 next weekend. You really are a prick.

VN Store

Back