Secondary Problems

VaVol4life

What's up with our DB's. McNeil has been burned more tonight than a freshman home ec student. Then Sutton blows chunks on a simple fade route. We have a long way to go to be competitive.

Let's be honest...Coleman and McNeil have never been the best in coverage and unfortunately, Cam was outplayed today...it happens.

Reactions: 2 people
Not to mention...Barnett had a dumba$$ penalty as well. I love the kids motor and toughness, but he could have been called for a late hit on multiple occasions.

Reactions: 2 people
Coleman has been the problem for 3 years but that was not how he typically gets burnt. He was actually in position this time though just couldn't find the ball

Reactions: 1 person
The weak link to me is Coleman. The free safety should help him double team especially when they put their best receivers on him. Mcneil has his spots but not like Coleman. Also I got sick and tired of their damn band all night. We should have played something every time they started. Sorry I'm just upset.

McNeil is a FS, but Randolph is far worse between the 2 so pick your poison.

Coleman is and always has been torched. That will be his legacy on Rocky Top!

Cam was shook-up early. Should've let him play more loose man.

We do a horrible job at forcing the long throw when the blitz is on.

Our DBs were on an island all night. DL fatigue in 4th qtr gave Mauk enough time to begin to exploit the one-on-one coverage. Very, very few DBs in the country can play one-on-one coverage all game and not get burned once or twice. Our entire secondary played one-on-one coverage for the entire game. Given this, I thought they played great. I hated to lose this game, but they sure didn't lose it for us.

No they didn't cost us the game but I still do not think coleman will be starting next year if we get a half decent recruit in.

Reactions: 1 person
Believe Coleman is a senior, graduation will take care of that. He has been tough to watch these past few years.

What's up with our DB's. McNeil has been burned more tonight than a freshman home ec student. Then Sutton blows chunks on a simple fade route. We have a long way to go to be competitive.

Yea Herby said Coleman was our best cover guy. That is so far from accurate. He constantly is getting left by receivers and making bad plays on the ball or taking terrible angles..more times than not when the opponents WR is running free towards the endzone it was Coleman's guy. And really only thing McNeil does well is he will lay the wood on ya when he can.

I have literally complained all season long that our corners NEVER look back for the ball. Not even Sutton. They only see the ball if it is right in front of them. I don't understand it and it's frustrating. I know I'm not a player or a coach, but someone please explain this to me. It drives me insane. And if you don't believe me, just watch for yourself.

I have literally complained all season long that our corners NEVER look back for the ball. Not even Sutton. They only see the ball if it is right in front of them. I don't understand it and it's frustrating. I know I'm not a player or a coach, but someone please explain this to me. It drives me insane. And if you don't believe me, just watch for yourself.

They're coached NOT to look back. Either b/c they're slow or it's just the preference of our secondary coach. They're trained to read the receiver's eyes and then break up the pass. It means we won't get many picks but in theory we won't get burned playing the ball instead of the receiver. (for the record, I don't like it but given what the coaches are working with, I understand why they're doing it)

I won't criticize any particular player but our secondary was bad tonight. We'll need 1 or 2 players from the '15 class to have a Sutton type freshman year for it to get any better.

Coleman has been the problem for 3 years but that was not how he typically gets burnt. He was actually in position this time though just couldn't find the ball

This. Glad im not the only who realizes this. He was there. The WR just made a hell of a catch and run and the ball was on the money. Cant really defend it better then that besides getting a hand up.

Well, we've got problems. We've got terrible, terrible problems. And we've got trouble. We've got terrible, terrible trouble, and it starts with T and it rhymes with P and it sounds like Pool.

Now I've got a feeling down in my soul, that we're going to Nashville and sink the Commodores real easy.

But this bunch of coaches and players better know by now that they aren't nearly ready for big boy football in the SEC or anywhere else yet. You cancel out that outstanding come from behind thriller 2 weeks ago and this team would be sitting at home for another bowl season just like the last one.

VN Store

Back