Field conditions

Swan Ronson

Anybody else noticed how bad the field is holding up tonight? It's been bad all year, but this is dumpster juice.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 5 people
I agree, the field does not look good. I see too many people slipping. Did it rain?

Wes Rucker @wesrucker247 ·
#Vols have spent thousands on the #Neyland playing surface in the past month or so, but that money’s gone to good use. Looks much better.

#Vols have spent thousands on the #Neyland playing surface in the past month or so, but that money’s gone to good use. Looks much better.

It may look alright but looks can be deceiving. Watch his many players are losing footing and sliding.

Reactions: 1 person

It "looks" better than it has recently, but that's not saying much. It does look rather soggy. Has it rained much in Knoxville this week, or have they just watered the crap out of it trying to help it as much as thy can?

The money is in green paint. I'm not joking. They are painting that cow pasture. That used to be one of the nicest. Someone needs to be fired.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm sure it looked good before the game. Rye will look good until the game starts. Then it poops the bed in a hurry.

No, the whole field looks atrocious. This is the first game in a few I've watched on TV and I think it looks even WORSE than it has in person the past few home games when I had seen it last.

I like grass but all the players slipping and divots are disgusting - put in the field turf and fire these groundskeepers -

Reactions: 1 person
After field conditions and seeing players fall time after time it's time to go to field turf.

most will over look this fact but it is a major reason for the loss - I hope the players start complaining about it now

The money is in green paint. I'm not joking. They are painting that cow pasture. That used to be one of the nicest. Someone needs to be fired.

For years the field in Neyland was as good as any other; now it resembles that horrid sandbox at LP Field. Don't know who the head groundskeeper is now, but it's a huge step DOWN!:ermm:

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back