This will be a tough game...

armchair

Missouri has a pretty good team, plays very well on the road, has two stout pass-rushing DEs, and we are missing starters at two KEY positions--center and MLB. I think UT fans have already put this one in the win column--and it is a game we seriously need to win--but I sense a struggle.

Reactions: 4 people
Missouri has a pretty good team, plays very well on the road, has two stout pass-rushing DEs, and we are missing starters at two KEY positions--center and MLB. I think UT fans have already put this one in the win column--and it is a game we seriously need to win--but I sense a struggle.

And this ALWAYS works out well. :crazy:

Reactions: 3 people
People are already putting it in the win column? The board has been mostly positive as of late. I hope we don't lose. Lol

I have been worried about this game all year. Misery kicked the dog crap out of us and then stomped a mud hole in us last year. We better come ready to play or it will be ugly.

Reactions: 1 person
Vols still have a shot. Winning this weekend would be great. However, winning next weekend will be essential.

Who are you and what have you done with post-Florida-loss-ultra-nega Christian Lowe?

I've said this so many times.. I overreacted to the worst loss I've experienced in my life as a Tennessee fan. I'm 18, born in 1996, so we've been losing to Florida since football started to matter to me and this year was the one I put the most emotion in to.

I would think its going to be a blow out in our favor or its going to be a hard fought game that we still have a great chance to win. I don't see it being a blow out in their favor, of course I am a deliusional TN fan too.

But I think it should be an absolute great game to watch with conf wide implications. And, thus we get the night slot... finally.

edit: reasoning on blowout in our favor is if we shut down their run game, I like forcing the game on Mauk. If they do so to us I think our pass game will be fine since Dobbs is I believe a much bigger threat when flushed than Mauk. I will concede they have a great pass rush and with our O line that is my only matchup worry in this game. Final edit, while I like their pass rush I am not overtly worried about their pass defense and think our receivers will match up VERY well.

Last edited:

Things that favor us:

(1) This is the same Missouri team that lost to Indiana (2) We are at Neyland (3) Our team has confidence (4) Senior Day (5) bUTch said he might try to suit up Cecil Cherry for this game, even though he is only here for an Official Visit. Maybe ref's won't catch it.

Things not in our favor:

(1) A.J. is out. (2) Randolph is out for the 1st half (3) Crowder is out. Crowder being out is sorta not a big thing because his replacement is a good player but he is not accustomed to making the calls for the offense.

We will know how tough the game is going to be pretty early. UT needs some early success on O to keep Mizzou from going run heavy.

AJ or Crowder could be the critical pieces... but IMO it will be Dobbs. Mizzou has not faced a QB even close to as mobile or effective running the ball as Dobbs. The last time they faced a QB with Dobbs' running ability or better... they gave up 545 rushing yds to Auburn.... when they had a better overall D and D talent.

Running QB's have given them a lot of trouble.

I've said this so many times.. I overreacted to the worst loss I've experienced in my life as a Tennessee fan. I'm 18, born in 1996, so we've been losing to Florida since football started to matter to me and this year was the one I put the most emotion in to.

I know you have. Just giving you a hard time. It was too easy. :eek:k:

I'm 34 and have only seen us win a handful of times, so I understand the pain.

Who are you and what have you done with post-Florida-loss-ultra-nega Christian Lowe?

Don't be mean to CLowe, he just jumped aboard the Dobbs.....

chilmonty-albums-my+pics-picture5261-bandwagon-2.jpg

:):devilsmoke::salute:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
We will know how tough the game is going to be pretty early. UT needs some early success on O to keep Mizzou from going run heavy.

AJ or Crowder could be the critical pieces... but IMO it will be Dobbs. Mizzou has not faced a QB even close to as mobile or effective running the ball as Dobbs. The last time they faced a QB with Dobbs' running ability or better... they gave up 545 rushing yds to Auburn.... when they had a better overall D and D talent.

Running QB's have given them a lot of trouble.
Have they really even faced a dual threat QB this year?

Things that favor us:

(1) This is the same Missouri team that lost to Indiana (2) We are at Neyland (3) Our team has confidence (4) Senior Day (5) bUTch said he might try to suit up Cecil Cherry for this game, even though he is only here for an Official Visit. Maybe ref's won't catch it.

Things not in our favor:

(1) A.J. is out. (2) Randolph is out for the 1st half (3) Crowder is out. Crowder being out is sorta not a big thing because his replacement is a good player but he is not accustomed to making the calls for the offense.
Things in our favor:
(6) I don't think they have a WR named Cooper.

Things not in our favor:
(4) They play better on the road.

They also have played Toledo on the road. All the while dodging every top notch West team. Take some of that "play well on the road" with a grain of salt.

Have they really even faced a dual threat QB this year?

No. Not one like Dobbs. UCF's Justin Hulman ran a little against them but has 133 yds on the season. Driskel and Harris run it but neither is much of a threat to throw it. Towles is mobile but not really a "runner".

I like Crowder but Wiesman should be fine both blocking and making the line calls.

Randolph is a concern but the big one is AJ. Who steps up and how do they handle the communication with him gone.... those are the key questions.

I suspect A LOT more will come from the sideline. They won't ask AJ's replacements to do all of what he did. That's where being a home game is critical.

VN Store

Back