Cool Story Bro - The Pride and CDB

PotS

You can't say f orum here
My freshman year at Tennessee in 2002, the Pride performed a halftime show with the Charlie Daniels Band against Alabama.

After our Saturday morning practice, I had the whole band sign my drill charts.

I found these this morning while going through a box of old stuff!

Reactions: 15 people
My freshman year at Tennessee in 2002, the Pride performed a halftime show with the Charlie Daniels Band against Alabama.

After our Saturday morning practice, I had the whole band sign my drill charts.

I found these this morning while going through a box of old stuff!

ht
tp://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o598/
ladpappy/7DCA1D5A-CD3D-4B56-B22F-
2A68F38C064D_zpsise33nxx.jpg

My friend plays keyboards for him now.

I met Charlie back around 1984, that dude is huge (and a huge Big Orange fan).

Awesome. Here's a pic I took last Saturday,couldn't get the zoom lense off my dslr in time so I did the best I could, still new to photography. Ps if you want more pics of the band , I have some decent ones from the salute to the hill before the game let me know!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: 2 people
I've met Shannon and his wife at the annual CDB fanclub party, nice people!

They are! My grandfather was friends with CD.
When I was little I got to be backstage when they had Tennessee Jam. Met so many legends.

They are! My grandfather was friends with CD.
When I was little I got to be backstage when they had Tennessee Jam. Met so many legends.

I was at the party last year, the guitar player Chris Wormer has 2 big fans in my daughters. Hadn't seen Chris in a few years and when I walked up he said "Hey Man, where's the girls at?" Amazing that he could remember them after a few years and many many miles on the road. BTW been listening to Charlie and the band since 1972 so I guess I'm a FFL (fan for life) :dance2:
315175.jpg

My girls with Chris:
2629.JPG

Reactions: 1 person
"Just leave this long haired country boy alone". Oh! The good ole days

GBO!!!

But probably the best one is "and all the good people down in Tennessee diggin' Barefoot Jerry and the CDB"

Reactions: 1 person
I remember watching, on ABC, that particular game and when they went to the halftime show, it was at the end of Devil Went Down to Georgia and as he sang the "uncensored" version, the announcer said "We may have broke in a little too early"

I remember watching, on ABC, that particular game and when they went to the halftime show, it was at the end of Devil Went Down to Georgia and as he sang the "uncensored" version, the announcer said "We may have broke in a little too early"

There was a parody of Devil Went Down to Georgia that made the rounds on Knoxville radio prior to the 1988 season. It was called "Johnny Went Down to Georgia" (Georgia being our first opponent that year). It ended with something like:

"Come to Knoxville if you wanna try again next year.
I've done told you once, you son of a gun,
I'm a Tennessee Volunteer."

Embarrassingly, we lost the game.

Really cool mustang.
Beautiful daughters!

Thanks! Oldest bringing her BF over tomorrow evening to watch the game w/ me and my wife (youngest has to work). Hope the boyfriend isn't easily offended by exclamations and bad words when the Vols make a bad play ...... but I'll try to keep my wife toned down!

Thanks! Oldest bringing her BF over tomorrow evening to watch the game w/ me and my wife (youngest has to work). Hope the boyfriend isn't easily offended by exclamations and bad words when the Vols make a bad play ...... but I'll try to keep my wife toned down!

Ha! I know what you're saying. I think my nephews learned all the cuss words watching games with their grandmother. :)

Bms4880;1086976 "Come to Knoxville if you wanna try again next year. I've done told you once said:
Yeah and the next five as well.

CDB one of my favorites. "If the Russians don't believe that they can all go straight to....."

If only our current leaders had bawls like CD.

VN Store

Back