Greg McElroy in love with VOLS

If Tennessee beats Missouri with Kirk and Fowler there to announce it, they'll start the hype train big time. Especially if Dobbs has to manage a comeback or winning drive. The hype train will ride through Vandy week and into the bowl selection show. Tennessee will draw a great opponent at a good bowl and the talking heads on ESPN will hype Tennessee's new look and Dobbs' new-found celebrity throughout December. By the time the bowl game comes, he'll be a "Player to watch" against a good defense. If we win the bowl game, he'll have all the hype going into next year.

He's intelligent and well-spoken, so media love to talk to him. They want to talk about his major, they want to talk about his nickname(s), they want to talk about his growth, they want to talk about the turnaround under him. They want to talk about him breaking Tennessee QB records and about him practicing with Peyton. They want to talk about Tennessee coming back and him leading the way. The kid is modest, humble, and smart enough to handle it like a leader. ESPN will eat it up.

JUST WIN.

Last edited:
Reactions: 52 people
if tennessee beats missouri with kirk and fowler there to announce it, they'll start the hype train big time. Especially if dobbs has to manage a comeback or winning drive. The hype train will ride through vandy week and into the bowl selection show. Tennessee will draw a great opponent at a good bowl and the talking heads on espn will hype tennessee's new look and dobbs' new-found celebrity throughout december. By the time the bowl game comes, he'll be a "player to watch" against a good defense. If we win the bowl game, he'll have all the hype going into next year.

"it's a process"

butch jones :)

Reactions: 5 people
If Tennessee beats Missouri with Kirk and Fowler there to announce it, they'll start the hype train big time. Especially if Dobbs has to manage a comeback or winning drive. The hype train will ride through Vandy week and into the bowl selection show. Tennessee will draw a great opponent at a good bowl and the talking heads on ESPN will hype Tennessee's new look and Dobbs' new-found celebrity throughout December. By the time the bowl game comes, he'll be a "Player to watch" against a good defense. If we win the bowl game, he'll have all the hype going into next year.

He's intelligent and well-spoken, so media love to talk to him. They want to talk about his major, they want to talk about his nickname(s), they want to talk about his growth, they want to talk about the turnaround under him. They want to talk about him breaking Tennessee QB records and about him practicing with Peyton. They want to talk about Tennessee coming back and him leading the way. The kid is modest, humble, and smart enough to handle it like a leader. ESPN will eat it up.

JUST WIN.

All this. All day. Just win. win win win.

Reactions: 10 people
Considering Cam, Winston etc the media is aching for a good kid like Dobbs to step up as a story. If you don't believe that just think to Tebow's lackluster NFL career. If Dobbs can live up to half his potential he could be the most talked about QB since Peyton. Which is yet another angle the press can write about. Pocket passer to mobile how the times have changed etc.

Reactions: 3 people
No way in heck Dobbs got this good in practice over the course of the season as a 3rd stringer like some of you suggest.

Dobbs will not have a great game every time, no QB does. However, his leadership can improve the performance of the rest of the team to cover for those days. That's what winning programs do. That's the point where our Vols find themselves today.

The time to have inserted Dobbs into a game was in the second half against UF as they did successfully to beat us. But that is water under the bridge now. Just thankful it happened.

Reactions: 2 people

JUST WIN.

I need to consult my doctor because I think this erection is going to last longer than 4 hours.

Reactions: 32 people
It's odd, because McElroy came from bama. He always has nice things to say about us. Everytime I see someone trashing us on sec network, McElroy has a positive to throw in.

Reactions: 1 person
No way in heck Dobbs got this good in practice over the course of the season as a 3rd stringer like some of you suggest.

Yes. In fact, they say he still does not look good in practice now. Some players just step up their performance when the lights on. Throwing against air in practice he does not look very good. His accuracy issues are glaring. It's really not that hard to grasp.

Listening to the First Team on satellite radio. Greg McElroy and Taylor Zarzour as they make their picks....

Summary:

Zarzour: Missouri 3 point underdogs, and Greg has already tipped his hat and I agree with him. The Dawgs are going to Atlanta.

Greg: The Vols cover and with a hook. Dawgs are heading to Atlanta, and Dobbs enters Heisman talks for 2015.

Zarzour: already talking heisman next year?

Greg: Dawgs to Atlanta, and Dobbs goes to New York in 2015.

We already knew McElroy was high on our vols but I just love hearing this talk from a bammer and wanted to share.

Have a happy Friday, y'all!

He's the new Herbstreit. Doesn't side with his alma mater and loves the vols.

Herby moved to TN. There is a spot here for G Mac if he keeps showing love.

McElroy knows what's coming. The SEC Network needs more like him. He's very professional and the most unbiased analyst on the network.

Reactions: 6 people
I hate the phrase "pump the brakes" because it's overused here on VN, but.....

Greggy, my boy. Pump the brakes.

He'll either look like a genius, or he'll be ridiculed for making such a statement. I wish with all my soul that its the former scenario.

Exactly. Can't understand how all early reports were that Dobbs was underperforming in summer and fall/early season practices (we should have had McElroy reporting on Dobbs). I believe Dobbs came out of the CA qb camp and into fall camp expecting a good shot at being starter -- but I'm proud of his patience games 1-7, which is exactly what every spectacular pilot should have !

He'll either look like a genius, or he'll be ridiculed for making such a statement. I wish with all my soul that its the former scenario.

If Dobbs continues piling on the stats he has during the past two games, then it wouldn't be absurd to see him in NYC next year. He is clearly the difference maker on our offense. Man I love that big brain of his.

VN Store

Back