With all the sellouts, will UT restart construction?

VOLorNuttin

With all the sellouts this year, and seeing that we are only a 5-5 team at this point, do you guys think Hart will crank up the construction projects on Neyland, that got shelved during Hamilton's disastrous tenure?

I thought I remember some architectural renderings of brick facades on the South side of the stadium. It's almost like Neyland's backside is still exposed. :)

UtStadium.jpg

aapk139.jpg

It got canned because of the economy and decline in ticket revenue, etc. But there is enough proof now, that even cold weather and big screen TV's in people's living rooms, can't keep VolNation from packing the house when there is something to be excited about.

http://www.tennesseefund.org/facility-projects/neyland/

Reactions: 5 people
Not only would that make the picturesque stadium on the river look even better but I have to imagine it would also make the stadium just a little bit louder.

In the very distant future I'd also like to see the overhang things the seahawks have over the boxes or even... wait for it.

A third deck on each side of the jumbotron. Georgia has one opposite of their press box, why can't we do it but bigger and better?

Just some thoughts from a future construction engineer.

Reactions: 2 people
The seating capacity was going to go down.. I don't like that..

Meh, I don't like that either. I didn't know that would lower compasity. I originally was thinking OP meant construction for MORE seats because of all the sellouts. I was like hell ya!!!

Im all about Neyland evolving and becoming more of a spectical but not at the expense of seating.

Reactions: 3 people
Not only would that make the picturesque stadium on the river look even better but I have to imagine it would also make the stadium just a little bit louder.

In the very distant future I'd also like to see the overhang things the seahawks have over the boxes or even... wait for it.

A third deck on each side of the jumbotron. Georgia has one opposite of their press box, why can't we do it but bigger and better?

Just some thoughts from a future construction engineer.
Yeah, the Titans stadiums and most relatively new NFL stadiums have a 3rd deck. Bama has done a lot of construction since Saban arrived, and TAM just did a lot as well. The reason they can is because their fanbase is fired up now, and every decent game at home, sells out easily.

It'll take more than one season of several sellout games to continue work on the stadium. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't even discussed until 2016 or later. We'd be better off lobbying for smaller, yet helpful upgrades in the meantime. The concession stands for instance in the West Concourse didn't even have credit card machines until this season. Put another $4 million dollar jumbotron on the north side, I don't think anyone would complain. Do something further to increase cell service inside the stadium.

Reactions: 3 people
Ticket sales by themselves don't warrant the upgrades. It's donations. There have been tickets for sale at every game this year...as in walk-up sales.

Now, if those walk-up fans turn into donors and season ticket holders, then you might see some of the upgrades take place.

Reactions: 1 person
Ticket sales by themselves don't warrant the upgrades. It's donations. There have been tickets for sale at every game this year...as in walk-up sales.

Now, if those walk-up fans turn into donors and season ticket holders, then you might see some of the upgrades take place.

This is me, granted my seats only require a $100 donation.

Could we even do a third tier structure wise?The other teams in the league are catching up with us in capacity, we need to put this thing out of reach for a while. I would imagine a 3rd tier would make capacity something like 125k to possibly 150k. That would be outstanding!
I guess when we go on a run starting next year we'll find out if it can be done. Just win and the money flows in.

Could we even do a third tier structure wise?The other teams in the league are catching up with us in capacity, we need to put this thing out of reach for a while. I would imagine a 3rd tier would make capacity something like 125k to possibly 150k. That would be outstanding!
I guess when we go on a run starting next year we'll find out if it can be done. Just win and the money flows in.

I imagine that would be an engineering nightmare, and maybe not even possible for the stadium to support.

They should do some kind of hybrid Dome lol

Reactions: 2 people
I just don't like the General's backside being exposed.
I don't think he would either. :no:
GO VOLS!

With all the sellouts this year, and seeing that we are only a 5-5 team at this point, do you guys think Hart will crank up the construction projects on Neyland, that got shelved during Hamilton's disastrous tenure?

I thought I remember some architectural renderings of brick facades on the South side of the stadium. It's almost like Neyland's backside is still exposed. :)

It got canned because of the economy and decline in ticket revenue, etc. But there is enough proof now, that even cold weather and big screen TV's in people's living rooms, can't keep VolNation from packing the house when there is something to be excited about.

Hell yeah, we should add a 3rd deck by god. :rock:

I couldn't imagine sitting in a 3rd deck at Neyland. The second is already scary enough. The top is hard to see. The bottom of the upper deck is perfect but a third deck?! They would look like ants down there

As I understand it, the athletic department has got payments in the millions of dollars for several more years to pay off the last round of upgrades. I think that they will focus on getting the department to more sure financial footing before even considering the expense of more stadium renovations.

As I understand it, the athletic department has got payments in the millions of dollars for several more years to pay off the last round of upgrades. I think that they will focus on getting the department to more sure financial footing before even considering the expense of more stadium renovations.

Yes and given the rapidity with which so many began to turn on Jones this year, the "powers that be" now realize how fickle this fan base can potentially be.

Personally
1st - I would like to see a second big screen to be added to the other end of Neyland.
2nd - Add to the upper deck another cover to the south end, the cover would keep the noise from the fans from escaping and help sell the seats on that end

I think at the end of Hamilton's career, the UTAD was 200 million in the hole? Maybe more?

We've got a lot of bills to pay before we think about expanding the house.

UtStadium.jpg

aapk139.jpg

sellouts have nothing to do with Neyland improvements. That effort is funded by donations, not operational revenue. It will take large donations for that work to be scheduled again. Currently, not on the horizon.

donations for season tickets will not go toward stadium. has to be a capital donation effort separate from season ticket donations for work to be scheduled

VN Store

Back