ESPN: Ark is better than TN

Neyland Law Vol

So ESPN article says that Ark is better than TN this season. I don't know if I agree with that?

I think there’s no question that if the Razorbacks were in the SEC East this season, they’d have a better record than Tennessee does at this point.

Take Two: Better '15 outlook, Arkansas Razorbacks or Tennessee Vols? - ESPN

Plus they are split on which team will be better next year? Really? Where is Ark's recruiting class ranked? I don't think its even a question that we will have the better team in 2015.

Agree?

Who are we to argue with a team that just won it's first SEC game in TWO years?

Reactions: 28 people
So ESPN article says that Ark is better than TN this season. I don't know if I agree with that?

Plus they are split on which team will be better next year? Really? Where is Ark's recruiting class ranked? I don't think its even a question that we will have the better team in 2015.

Agree?

Higher ceiling and better now: UT

Better from start to finish of said season: Arkansas.

Make no bones though we are better than them now and will be next year. I agree if they played our schedule this year they'd have beat UF at minimum to best our current record.

Reactions: 8 people

Agree?

IMO the record would be the same. They are both about where they should be given the state of the programs when both coaches arrived. UT will start to move ahead of them now with CBJ's recruiting. Long term UT will be much better.

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 7 people
Reactions: 7 people
Leave the hypotheticals to the birds. Butch and Co are doing a great job, and the staff at Arky is doing well too. Comparing the two is pretty pointless.

Reactions: 6 people

Agree?

Well, typically, if you are counting on your incoming class of freshmen to make a big difference their first year in the SEC, you are in trouble. I doubt many of the incoming class see very much play time. The 2 DTs and the Juco RB will, but otherwise we have some good depth in most postions. It think we are clearly the better team next year, but their returning line/QB and RBs will be very stout.

Does all of ESPN think that, or just a few B list writers.
I know they hate us and all but just was curious if the entire network wrote this

Reactions: 1 person
Higher ceiling and better now: UT

Better from start to finish of said season: Arkansas.

Make no bones though we are better than them now and will be next year. I agree if they played our schedule this year they'd have beat UF at minimum to best our current record.

I agree, although I don't know if they would have beaten USC. Not sure they are built to score that many points and USc has a good offense.

I think our 2 programs will be the whose hot for next year. Especially coming into the season.

The challenge will be who can sustain it? Their OOC schedule isn't that good. Then they get to go up against the SEC W again. We, on the other hand, have a shot at a big time OOC win, plus the SEC East is wide open. I like our chances more. I guess we'll find out who is really ahead Oct 3rd, 2015.

Reactions: 2 people
How those guys chose arKANSAS is beyond me. Ostendorf had to best viewpoint. They will be losing 5 defensive linemen. And he is right in that the talent in Knoxville next year will be scary. They are nothing more than Georgia West. Run the ball and hope your QB doesn't lose the game for you. We will steam roll them in Knoxville next year. We will be getting back to our dominate form next year and nobody will be wanting to play us.

Reactions: 3 people
Does all of ESPN think that, or just a few B list writers.
I know they hate us and all but just was curious if the entire network wrote this

Regardless how many there would be some because they beat a ranked team. If we handle Missouri more would pick us but we have yet to beat a ranked team.

I agree, but we would also have a better record if Dobbs started the season....Oh, we would beat Arkansas if we played this weekend...IMO

I agree, although I don't know if they would have beaten USC. Not sure they are built to score that many points and USc has a good offense.

You got me on USC. They may not have but early in the year they looked like the more competent team despite all the losses.

The challenge will be who can sustain it? Their OOC schedule isn't that good. Then they get to go up against the SEC W again. We, on the other hand, have a shot at a big time OOC win, plus the SEC East is wide open. I like our chances more. I guess we'll find out who is really ahead Oct 3rd, 2015.

Me too. If we can keep Dobbs healthy we will be Auburn 2013 where the hell did they come from good.

Tennessee and Arkansas are pretty close to each other right now IMO. I don't know that I'd say one is better than the other, so much as I'd say that both are underrated due to playing extraordinarily difficult schedules. Worth noting that both are ranked in the top 30 of the Sagarin ratings, which rely much more heavily on strength of schedule and overall performance (rather than mindlessly looking at wins and losses).

Sagarin Ratings

Currently, Arkansas is #23 in Sagarin and UT is #27, but they've both been close to each other for most of the year. Also worthwhile to consider that UT is probably better now (with Dobbs) than at the beginning of the season.

VN Store

Back