Since we all love 'what ifs'..

amarcus07

If this has been posted, I'm sorry, and I'll be perfect like the people blasting me next time...

Let's say we beat UF and UGA, which should have happened....We're in the SECE driver's seat. Then we win out. We're in the SECCG. Let's say we screw around and beat Bama.

Does the committee put a two loss UT team in the playoffs?

Just something cool to think about. We aren't back yet, but we're getting there. This is a fun team to watch.

Reactions: 1 person
If this has been posted, I'm sorry, and I'll be perfect like the people blasting me next time...

Let's say we beat UF and UGA, which should have happened....We're in the SECE driver's seat. Then we win out. We're in the SECCG. Let's say we screw around and beat Bama.

Just something cool to think about. We aren't back yet, but we're getting there. This is a fun team to watch.

Sorry to nitpick, but beating UF and UGA wouldn't make UT a 2 loss team.

Reactions: 5 people

Well does that including us beating OU as well?

Because we lost to OM OU and Bama as well. I get the SEC title game victory over Bama part... if we indeed did beat OU as well as UGA and UF then yes. We would have been a top 10 ten team by the time we play Mizzou... beat them move up a spot to 8 or even 7.

Beat number 1 Bama in the SEC championship.

Yeah I believe we get in at number 4 and play Oregon in the first round and lose...

We had the strongest schedule in the country. We had many opportunities to rebound. Even if we still lost to ole miss and Bama (lst time).

Look at UGA for instance... they just might pull off this scenario you are talking about.

Last edited:

There are about 80 other teams that could say they would be in the playoffs if they only hadn't lost 3 to 4 games they could have won.

Reactions: 3 people
There are about 80 other teams that could say they would be in the playoffs if they only hadn't lost 3 to 4 games they could have won.

Very true.

Fade I love your avatar lol! I remember the commentators calling the game kept talking about how Worely was a warrior and how he wished he could be out there for his team.

Then the camera zoomed to him talking to that girl haha, and he had a huge smile on his face while talking to her...

Worely was completely content where he was. I mean shoot he took way too many for the team this year. Poor guy took a beating...

What I was getting at was if UT wins the SECCG, do they get a spot in the final 4. Sorry I forgot about the Ole Miss game.

What I was getting at was if UT wins the SECCG, do they get a spot in the final 4. Sorry I forgot about the Ole Miss game.

You were missing a few things with your scenario

If we beat
Olk
UGA
UF

We would have been top 5 team at that point

lose to # 4 Bama, # 3 Ole miss

We drop to 15??

Then We win out beating a ranked Mizzou team with all the other top 10 teams that have lost during that span

we get back to top 10 maybe top 8

Beat #1 Bama in the SEC championship game as a top 8 team...

Yeah we go to four... and then lose to Oregon again

What if Bama wins out the regular season and loses to Georgia/Mizzou in the SECCG and Miss St wins out? Could you unbiasedly still give Miss St one of the four spots? I'm torn. Effectively, if you do, they are being rewarded for not playing the SECCG.

Another what if: Bama loses to Auburn and Miss St stumbles against Ole Miss or even the SECCG. Could the playoff actually not feature an SEC team?

Good god why are you all so hard on people who do what if threads? It is a ton better then 100 pages worth of arguing over AJ.

@ the OP.. Yes a 2 loss conference champion SEC team makes it into playoffs. Commentators have talked about it in almost every SEC game this year.

What if Bama wins out the regular season and loses to Georgia/Mizzou in the SECCG and Miss St wins out? Could you unbiasedly still give Miss St one of the four spots? I'm torn. Effectively, if you do, they are being rewarded for not playing the SECCG.

Absolutely Miss State gets in. one loss to a talented Bama team by 5 points.

remember Bama won the National Championship by beating the SEC champion (LSU) 2011. They were clearly the best team that year despite their loss earlier to LSU

Another what if: Bama loses to Auburn and Miss St stumbles against Ole Miss or even the SECCG. Could the playoff actually not feature an SEC team?

yes. but that won't happen.

we all know Bama is playing well, and they got their only loss out of the way.

They will make it to Atlanta and beat the crap out of UGA because of Lane Kiffin's offense

And then finally FINALLY meet The Oregon Ducks...

can't wait (Bart Scott voice)

What if not everybody loved what ifs?

Fabric of time ripped, OP gets eaten by a dinosaur ridden by female Hitler

If we went 12-0 this year, I have no doubt that we would finish 5th in the playoff voting! :banghead2::banghead2:

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back