ESPN's SEC bloggers' predictions:

ESPN's SEC blog has put out their weekly predictions regarding this Saturday's games. Here's what they had about Missouri v. UT:

David Ching, Chris Low, and Alex Scarborough all picked TN to win.

Edward Aschoff, Sam Khan Jr., and Greg Ostendorf all picked Missouri to win.

Why Tennessee wins: The Volunteers have played great on offense since inserting Josh Dobbs as the starting quarterback. In the last three games, he's averaging 263 passing yards per game and has thrown seven touchdowns and two interceptions, plus he's averaging 96 rushing yards per game and has rushed for four scores. Will that be enough for the Vols to notch just their second win against a ranked team under Butch Jones? Tennessee 24, Missouri 21 -- David Ching

Why Missouri wins: The Tigers haven't lost a road game in nearly two full years, a streak of nine in a row. Neyland Stadium holds quite the crowd, but so does Kyle Field, which drew more than 100,000 last week when Missouri beat the Aggies. And now that Markus Golden's nagging hamstring injury seems to be a nonfactor, the pass rush led by SEC-leading sacker Shane Ray and Golden is at full speed again, which will be a challenge for Josh Dobbs & Co. Missouri 31, Tennessee 27 -- Sam Khan Jr.

SEC college football Week 13 predictions - ESPN

Reactions: 1 person
I now expect the rest of this thread to be filled with comments of how Ching, Low, and Scarborough are all actually pretty good/great writers who know their stuff, while the other three are obviously hacks who don't know the slightest thing about football and/or homers from other schools who shouldn't even have this job at ESPN. :)

Reactions: 8 people
I now expect the rest of this thread to be filled with comments of how Ching, Low, and Scarborough are all actually pretty good/great writers who know their stuff, while the other three are obviously hacks who don't know the slightest thing about football and/or homers from other schools who shouldn't even have this job at ESPN. :)

Not Scarborough he picked UK last week. :crazy:

Reactions: 3 people
I think both predictions are totally plausible especially considering they have an SECcg on the line and we've had a week of distractions and a reshuffling of our D. If our reconstructed D can play reasonably well and Dobbs can stay clean we should beat them by more than 3 though.

Don't care about predictions, but I must admit I love Scarborough apologizing for his prediction on Twitter last week. Seems like an enjoyable person.

I think both predictions are totally plausible especially considering they have an SECcg on the line and we've had a week of distractions and a reshuffling of our D. If our reconstructed D can play reasonably well and Dobbs can stay clean we should beat them by more than 3 though.

I think it's mainly going to come down to how well our o-line can deal with/handle their defensive line.

Reactions: 1 person
I think it's mainly going to come down to how well our o-line can deal with/handle their defensive line.

But we all really know that translates to how well Dobbs can allude the pressure and get in a rythm. It's Dobbs elusiveness not specifically the line making it work.

The ability to run the read option with Dobbs changes everything as long as Jake calls the game well. If we get stuck in 3rd and long a bunch there will be trouble with sacks. If they keep those situations down to a minimum I expect much better results.

Reactions: 2 people
But we all really know that translates to how well Dobbs can allude the pressure and get in a rythm. It's Dobbs elusiveness not specifically the line making it work.

If they're in his face all day, then it could be difficult to establish that rhythm, though.

If he's having to avoid just line pressure most plays, that generally doesn't translate terribly well into production.

The Tigers haven't lost a road game in nearly two full years, a streak of nine in a row.
This is the most irrelevant "fact" that anyone has tried as a "proof" of MU's quality as an opponent. For one.... 14 of the 22 starters from last year's MU team are gone. For another... they've won 4 road games this year but one of them was "mighty" Toledo. Another was the meltdown in the Swamp.

And honestly... does this writer think the game comes down to MU's recent road success? If that's the best he has then he's reaching badly.... and didn't even touch MU's offensive woes.

media loves to talk about mizzous pass rush.Seriously it's the number one thing they go to. But what about our pass rush? 19th in the country in sacks, 5th nationally in TFL. Mauk is more mistake prone than anybody in this game.

ESPN's SEC blog has put out their weekly predictions regarding this Saturday's games. Here's what they had about Missouri v. UT:

David Ching, Chris Low, and Alex Scarborough all picked TN to win.

Edward Aschoff, Sam Khan Jr., and Greg Ostendorf all picked Missouri to win.

SEC college football Week 13 predictions - ESPN

People underestimate Neyland - I watched the Mizzou-ATM game and other than a low hum, the crowd was not making all that much noise. Mizzou last played in Neyland in a day game at the end of the Dooley era. Support for Dooley was all but gone at that point.

It is going to have a different feel than the last time the Tigers visited.

When Neyland is rocking - which it should be Saturday - it is no worse than top 3 in the SEC as far as tough venues go, and IMO it is the toughest. The construction keeps all the noise in, unlike Kyle Field.

(Somebody had to say it)

Reactions: 2 people
People underestimate Neyland - I watched the Mizzou-ATM game and other than a low hum, the crowd was not making all that much noise. Mizzou last played in Neyland in a day game at the end of the Dooley era. Support for Dooley was all but gone at that point.

It is going to have a different feel than the last time the Tigers visited.

When Neyland is rocking - which it should be Saturday - it is no worse than top 3 in the SEC as far as tough venues go, and IMO it is the toughest. The construction keeps all the noise in, unlike Kyle Field.

Support for dooley would have returned pretty quickly had he tried to win that game instead of opting for overtime.

Well then, those dudes shouldn't make comments that make the natives restless !

VN Store

Back