TN has the QB advantage against MO

1standgoal

So far this season, Joshua Dobbs has a QBR of 147.9 compared to Maty Mauk's 118.6. Looks pretty good for the Big Orange this weekend.

Last edited:
Only position that matters in a game.

In fact, the rest of the players should all stay on the sidelines while the two go out there, have a skills contest, and that should decide the winner.

How is Maty's QBR so high? I thought their offense was turrible.

He killed it during garbage time vs. garbage teams (1 of which they lost to.) He looked pretty good against A&M last week, but had a significant dumpster fire going weeks 5-9.

Comparing Dobbs to top QBs:

Dobbs Rating: 147.9, Raw QBR: 84.9, Adjusted QBR: 88.6
Mariota Rating: 184.6, Raw QBR: 88.8, Adjusted QBR: 90.9
Winston Rating: 147.4, Raw QBR: 72.9, Adjusted QBR: 81.5

Pretty impressive.

Reactions: 4 people
He killed it during garbage time vs. garbage teams (1 of which they lost to.) He looked pretty good against A&M last week, but had a significant dumpster fire going weeks 5-9.

Everybody looks good against the aggie defense. It's the worst in the league.

A&m defense is 14th in the sec, 110th overall. Every qb they've faced this year looked pretty good.

Dobbs has looked great so far but Mizzou has a much better defense that what he's faced thus far.

Important to remember when comparing stats too. I wonder what Mauk's rating for just the KY and SC was?

Dobbs has looked great so far but Mizzou has a much better defense that what he's faced thus far.

Important to remember when comparing stats too. I wonder what Mauk's rating for just the KY and SC was?

People forget that Dobbs played 3 quarters against Alabama, put up 20 points, and played very well.

Mauk's adjusted QBR was 23.9 against SC and 70.2 against KY. Not very good.

Last edited:
People forget that Dobbs played 3 quarters against Alabama, put up 20 points, and played very well.

Mauk's adjusted QBR was 23.9 against SC and 70.2 against KY. Not very good.

I've been going around telling people as well, there is no reason to fear their schedule or ranking. We'd be 7-3 at worst with their schedule. If all of this holds true we should win by 10 points.

VN Store

Back