I'm the only one

lukeneyland

God Save the Heup
Am I the only person here thats a bit disturbed, that the woman who accused Johnson of rape is essentially allowed to do so under total anonymity? While guilty or innocent she is already able to drag Johnson's name through the preverbal mud. I understand that law enforcement could be concerned about her safety, if her name was to be made public. However the same logic could still be applied to Johnson, since for all any of us know he could be guiltless in the matter, and now no matter the outcome his name has already been tarnished. Just does not seem like equal treatment by the law, regarding the accuser and the accused.

1363337-knoxville-police-incident-report-11-16-2014.html

As you can see AJ's name is there for the world to scrutinize, while hers is kept totally private

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-11-10 at 9.56.56 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-11-10 at 9.56.56 PM.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Reactions: 18 people
Let's just assume for a second that the allegations are true.

Now, pretend this is your daughter. Something that she has been the victim of is out in the news like this with a high profile athlete at a university full of fans who don't care who your daughter is and are hell bent on trashing her name.

That is why her name is anonymous. Don't be so insensitive.

Reactions: 28 people

Now, pretend this is your daughter. Something that she has been the victim of is out in the news like this with a high profile athlete at a university full of fans who don't care who your daughter is and are hell bent on trashing her name.

I'm not saying expose her name! I'm just saying that until the thing is put to trial, both of their names should be kept private

Reactions: 29 people
Keep all names private until at least charges are filed.

The accusers name should never be released unless it's proven laughably beyond any shadow of a doubt that it was a false claim like in Treon Harris' situation.

If some girl wants to take advantage of the legal system to try to ruin a young man's life... She damned well deserves to have her name at least released so other potential suitors can see via Google what kind of a vile harpy she is.

Reactions: 14 people
Under this senario (which is what should happen in these instances IMO) they wouldn't be suspended until charges are brought.

Reactions: 2 people
It's amazing the deference people are willing to give based on someone playing for the right team.

Reactions: 18 people
they have been accused not charged.. it still warrants a suspension... CBJ has handled this perfectly.. Thigpen maybe not so much and Id assume he has been blasted about his remarks today.

Reactions: 4 people
It's amazing the deference people are willing to give based on someone playing for the right team.

I keep seeing this.

Its choice considering I reference a rape allegation against Treon Harris... not even 2 comments above your edgy analysis.

You know, the guy who is the QB for our biggest rival and who is the sole reason Florida won.

But let's disregard that.

And of course more discussion on a UT forum about UT players. Who'd have thunk.

Reactions: 6 people
I don't believe accusations warrent suspensions but that's just me. I believe people are innocent until proven guilty. Not just for Vols but all Americans.

Reactions: 16 people
they have been accused not charged.. it still warrants a suspension... CBJ has handled this perfectly.. Thigpen maybe not so much and Id assume he has been blasted about his remarks today.

I thought that same thing. I know all he did was praise AJ's character, but what if they are found guilty? I love AJ, but if he did this, then I have lost all respect for him as a person. To be the senior captain of this team and commit rape is unacceptable. Committing rape in ANY situation is unacceptable. Innocent until guilty, though.

Reactions: 1 person
There is a bit of truth to what your saying. But do you not see an issue with the current system? It seems awfully easy to tarnish a man's name with little to no consequence. People seem to forget that these accusations could put AJ's personal safety at risk too, what if someone is in the mood for a bit of vigilante justice? The best approach would be to keep everyones names private until the last possible moment.

Reactions: 3 people
The pc crowd has infiltrated society in such a manner, the hell with fairness. The fairest scenario to this would have had no suspensions, no names, and no news on this until the crimes were investigated fully and charged. If found valid, jail time and of course dismissal from the university. In this handling of the situation, no one gets effected unless guilty of a crime. I will be pissed if this is found to be a farce. There is no way to clear there name and character to where it was before the incident if this is the case.

I don't see what the OP is saying the same way. I defer nothing on rape. My fiance' was raped. I believe what the OP is saying, and I agree with, is that this info would be better served for both sides of the situation to remain in anonymity unless criminal charges are brought and any are indicted. If it goes that far, then there is something substantial to speculate on. If both parties would remain anonymous during investigation and discovery, it could prevent a lot of the scrutiny, slander, and stigma that comes with even being associated with such a heinous crime if you are actually innocent of the offense. JMO. :hi:

Reactions: 4 people
I've never even slightly said that.

You implied that the ones arguing the case for AJ are doing so because of where he plays football.

I find that silly GAVol. For the most part I see simple discussions on "what if's" and the merits as to such. Some are citing law that is wrong.

I think the light will be shed for all of us to see be weeks end.

Reactions: 5 people
There is a bit of truth to what your saying. But do you not see an issue with the current system? It seems awfully easy to tarnish a man's name with little to no consequence. People seem to forget that these accusations could put AJ's personal safety at risk too, what if someone is in the mood for a bit of vigilante justice? The best approach would be to keep everyones names private until the last possible moment.

Why should any person of interest/suspect have anonymity? It doesn't work that way with any other criminal investigation.

Reactions: 2 people
if guilty give em the chair.. i am a die hard Vol fan and the reason I really hope this is not true is because I am a fan of AJ's. Fact is we really dont know those guys but up til this point he has appeared to be a Upstanding Young Man. I think that is what most of us are so interested and hoping it isnt true. It doesnt mean that we stand behind him regardless of what is done because he is a great football player. I hope the truth is found out and we know something soon enough either way. I do think the longer this has taken the less likely charges will be forthcoming, i would not be surprised if this week they are cleared. I just hope its not cleared due to a loophole but cleared based on hard evidence.

Have you considered matters from AJ's family and friends perspective? Obviously not...Next customer?

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back