Tennessee vs Kentucky: Offense play by play

On a side note, the jet sweep with Pig needs to be put in the trash heap.

No, it really doesn't. Not only have we had some success running it this year (a couple of bad plays in one game does not show that a play needs to be scrapped), but the threat of it still opens up the field for Dobbs and Hurd.

Unless you mean that Pig is the problem, and it should be run with Pearson instead. That makes a tiny bit more sense, but it still seems wrong to me. Pig is averaging over 5 yards per carry this year. That's nothing to scoff at.

Reactions: 3 people
Pigs blocking on Dobbs TD run to give us 30 was great, pushed the guy over at the end. He sure don't play to his size does he? Thanks Freak!

Reactions: 2 people
When has it ever worked?

Well, Von's 1st TD was pretty much a jet sweep, just with a shovel pass. And as I said above, Pig is averaging over 5 yards per carry. And he has two TDs running the jet sweep this year. So......it has gotten us either 2 or 3 TDs, depending on how pedantic you feel like being tonight.

Reactions: 3 people
Well, Von's 1st TD was pretty much a jet sweep, just with a shovel pass. And as I said above, Pig is averaging over 5 yards per carry. And he has two TDs running the jet sweep this year. So......it has gotten us either 2 or 3 TDs, depending on how pedantic you feel like being tonight.

Gave you a like for using the word "pedantic" in a post.

Reactions: 1 person
The jet sweep may not always work, but having a guy in motion basically makes the defense have to account for four things: Dobbs keeping it, Dobbs passing it, Dobbs flipping it/handing it to Pearson/Pig, and Dobbs handing it to Hurd.

They broke down Tennessee film on the ESPNU film show earlier today and were raving about how potent the offense is now that Dobbs is a threat to keep it. It completely changes the offense and suddenly Pearson or Pig on the jet sweep becomes an even bigger threat.

Gave you a like for using the word "pedantic" in a post.

Yes! I'm only 169 away from being able to buy that Smokey Plush I've so desperately wanted!

Edit: gave you a like for giving me a like...I'm not a fan of being in debt.

Last edited:
A few observations after watching this:

1. Did anyone else hold their breath at 2:26 when Dobbs gets spun in the air while diving for a first down? I think I yelled something at that point. He scares the hell out of me sometimes.

2. I'm pretty sure Hurd never touched the ground at the 3:00 mark when he gets tackled. He rolls on top of the defender. Looks like that play shouldn't have been blown dead. CP scored a touchdown against Vandy on a tackle like that.

3. Croom's catch at 6:45 had North written all over it. Glad he's stepping up in North's absence.

4. Alex Ellis is becoming a major weapon at TE. If Dobbs had thrown a slightly better pass at 6:52, that would have been a touchdown.

Thanks, Freak! Watching this I was reminded of those wonderful "Dyer-Grams" in the Sunday Knoxville Journal (or News-Sentinel) showing all the plays from the previous UT game. :hi:

It worked against South Carolina - Pig out ran the entire SC defense to the edge for a TD.

I've seen it work at least as many times as it has failed.

Not to split hairs but that was a reverse...not a jet sweep.:good!:

VN Store

Back