Out of Conference Schedules

Dickel#12Vol

bUTch
With so much talk from the Playoff Committee concerning Strength of Schedule, I wonder how the SEC teams ranks in this category. I searched some, but didn't have much luck. If someone that is more astute than myself could find which teams have played the hardest to the easiest schedules,it would prove to be very interesting.

With so much talk from the Playoff Committee concerning Strength of Schedule, I wonder how the SEC teams ranks in this category. I searched some, but didn't have much luck. If someone that is more astute than myself could find which teams have played the hardest to the easiest schedules,it would prove to be very interesting.

I think the problem with ranking them is that with 4 OOC games you're ranking the cupcakes moreso than the marquis games. Is there really a difference between an SEC team playing Troy, Ark St., or La Tech? They should all be wins. If you're looking for the top match-ups here are some off the top of my head in no particular order in difficulty:

UT- Oklahoma
UGA- Clemson, GT
UF- FSU
S. Car.- Clemson
UK- Louisville
Mizzou- Indiana
Bama- W. Va
Auburn- K. State
Ark- T Tech
LSU- Wisconsin
Ole Miss- Boise St.

The other schools should be ashamed. :p

Reactions: 1 person

Miss St's is probably the worst: Southern Miss, UAB, South Alabama, UT-Martin

Though A&M's pretty bad too: Lamar, Rice, SMU, UL-Monroe.

I guess Vandy's is also bad...but so is Vandy: Temple, UMASS, Charleston Southern, Old Dominion.

One thing that is interesting is Conference records vs. Out of Conference. The SEC has lost only 3 games total. No other conference comes close.

Here is another fact.

The Pac12 vs Power5 7-3. Most of their wins are over the Big10
The SEC 5-2
Big 12 4-6
The ACC 5-7
The Big 10 6-11

The SEC has 4 more games against Power5 conferences and they could lose them all. But they will likely win 2 or 3.

South Carolina vs. Clemson
Florida vs Florida St.
Kentucky vs Louisville
Georgia vs Georgia Tech

But at this point the current conference records should be talked about as far as strength of a conference and in conference schedules. My point is this "great" win of Ohio St. over Minnesota is not as good as Mississippi St.'s wins over Auburn, LSU, and Texas A&M.

It will be interesting to see if the schools start fading out scheduling the cupcake teams in the future due to this

It seems like Tennessee has been playing the toughest non conference schedule for a while now.

I think the problem with ranking them is that with 4 OOC games you're ranking the cupcakes moreso than the marquis games. Is there really a difference between an SEC team playing Troy, Ark St., or La Tech? They should all be wins. If you're looking for the top match-ups here are some off the top of my head in no particular order in difficulty:

UT- Oklahoma
UGA- Clemson, GT
UF- FSU
S. Car.- Clemson
UK- Louisville
Mizzou- Indiana
Bama- W. Va
Auburn- K. State
Ark- T Tech
LSU- Wisconsin
Ole Miss- Boise St.

LOL! The only reason you include Indiana as a "top matchup" is because they won. Indiana is 3-7 and have lost 5 in a row and most of them were blowouts. It really is Mizzou that should be ashamed.

LOL! The only reason you include Indiana as a "top matchup" is because they won. Indiana is 3-7 and have lost 5 in a row and most of them were blowouts. It really is Mizzou that should be ashamed.

UGA's OOC schedule besides GT is a joke. They play UL-Monroe,Southern U and Georgia Southern. while Tennessee plays Oklahoma.

It looks like he was just listing teams that played another team from power 5 conferences.

Reactions: 2 people
Nb4 someone says I want UT to play all Creme puffs ooc. Hell to the no. I like playing one big name and other middle tiers like utah at and ark st.

Small schools raise money by playing larger schools. We need a UTC every now and again to balance the fact we play bama every year. I like OK on the schedule and one major game is manageable. Also, remember Appalachin St a few years ago beating Michigan, that was before they sucked too.

Nb4 someone says I want UT to play all Creme puffs ooc. Hell to the no. I like playing one big name and other middle tiers like utah at and ark st.

Utah has become a very tough team and would be a good addition to the schedule,so would East Carolina.

No. I listed Indiana because they are at least a Big 5 school. I agree that Mizzou should be embarrassd.

Miss St's is probably the worst: Southern Miss, UAB, South Alabama, UT-Martin

Though A&M's pretty bad too: Lamar, Rice, SMU, UL-Monroe.

I guess Vandy's is also bad...but so is Vandy: Temple, UMASS, Charleston Southern, Old Dominion.

And the bad thing with is Temple beat Candy!:thumbsup:

UT- Oklahoma
UGA- Clemson, GT
UF- FSU
S. Car.- Clemson
UK- Louisville
Mizzou- Indiana
Bama- W. Va
Auburn- K. State
Ark- T Tech
LSU- Wisconsin
Ole Miss- Boise St.

Candy played Temple and got their ass handed to them! LMAO and they beat Charleston Southern 21-20!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

If you play in the sec you should schedule cup cakes non-confence,playing each
other is tough enough.

oscar_meyer_bologna.jpg

It will be interesting to see if the schools start fading out scheduling the cupcake teams in the future due to this

No one's completely sure how SOS will factor in quite yet. I think whatever happens with OSU might be telling.

If a 1-loss OSU just misses the playoff bracket because they lost the 1 major OOC power 5 team they scheduled, it could lead to teams shying away from doing such in the future. (Especially if the at-large goes to a 1/2 loss team that just scheduled cupcakes OOC and OSU just misses it/it's the deciding factor.)

If they're rewarded over some team by the fact that the game was played - and somehow having a bit more emphasis/push - you could see more begin to move towards it.

Small schools raise money by playing larger schools. We need a UTC every now and again to balance the fact we play bama every year. I like OK on the schedule and one major game is manageable. Also, remember Appalachin St a few years ago beating Michigan, that was before they sucked too.

I think everyone's fine with the 1 FCS team a year (everyone does that).

It's more the situations where teams are just filling their OOC games with an FCS team, a MAC team, a CUSA, and a Sun Belt team (etc.)

I think everyone's fine with the 1 FCS team a year (everyone does that).

It's more the situations where teams are just filling their OOC games with an FCS team, a MAC team, a CUSA, and a Sun Belt team (etc.)

However, the justification for FSU being top 4 is they have won all their games. it would appear winning, no matter what is actually what matters to the committee. Im not agreeing with that, but it should not go unnoticed by the people who makes schedules. A loss to OK will always be worse than a win over UTC. Just sayin:popcorn:

VN Store

Back