Jamal Lewis: Legend Of The Game

VolPack22

Jessica Alba wears my Daddy hat
Jamal Lewis: Saturday's VFL Legend - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

Awesome to see one of the greatest running backs in our history get honored. Senior Night and Jamal Lewis!!! If this doesn't pump you up for this game then you have no pulse. Also nice to see how Cutcliffe and Peyton got him motivated and put him in his place right off the bat. That is pure leadership and shows Peyton's greatness once again. I will be missing the first half due to work but will get to see the second half thankfully and will hopefully be blessed with seeing a bowl berth :)

Reactions: 3 people
Dude was awesome, I remember watching him as a kid. Ut would've had its first heisman trophy winner if he didn't go to the nfl.

That man could run like the wind. Even if you were lucky to catch him he made sure you paid for it.

Good move by Butch.

In light of the news this week, UT is going to celebrate a convicted Felon..............

I doubt with all that he has on his plate that it's Butch Jones' decision as to which former player to honor and it's not like the arrangements were just made this week anyway. Jamal was probably invited weeks if not months ago.

Also, Jamal's UT football career is what is being acknowledged and there is nothing wrong with that or with the concept of 2nd chances and that people can learn from their mistakes and seek redemption.

Reactions: 6 people
I guess I am the only one that thought he mailed it in like Clowney his last year.

Reactions: 1 person
IMO Jamal deserves a 'no glove' round of applause from the VOL faithful. I am glad he wants to come back to his Alma Mater.

Good move by Butch.

In light of the news this week, UT is going to celebrate a convicted Felon..............

I'd agree with prior post that Butch likely does not have much to do with the former player being honored.

Also do you think just maybe, this is decided earlier on...maybe not the week of the game.

I don't know but I kind've bet they didn't just say today "hey let's call Jamal Lewis and see if he can come saturday.
Hey he can, that's great. Let's announce it then."

Lewis was a first team freshman all-american in 1997. Less than a year after having reconstructive knee surgery, Lewis led the team in rushing (how many players are able to do that?). Lewis ended up as the fifth leading rusher in career yards at UT.

He left for the draft and was the 5th pick in the first round.

Lewis had over 10,000 yards rushing in the NFL, listed as one of the Ravens best players ever, second most rushing yards ever in one game (one yard less than the record of 297), and third most yards in a single season. He also has a Super Bowl Ring.

That is a fairly distinguished football career.

Tony Robinson had MANY off the field issues, but I thought it was fantastic to have him back and it will be the same for Jamal!

Welcome back to a great Vol Player!! :rock::rock:

As far as offense goes,Jamal.Tee. and Peyton are three of the best college players ever. I have seen all three play a lot of games. The old saying "Give Jamal the ball" is 100% truth. You gave him the ball you knew you had a chance to score every time.

I guess I am the only one that thought he mailed it in like Clowney his last year.

Kind of the same deal as Justin Hunter. Hard to get inside the head of somebody coming off an ACL tear and really know how much is trust vs being tentative vs mailing it in.

Good move by Butch.

It's called "VFL": a player has a lifelong commitment to the university, and the university has a lifelong commitment to the player. Unless the player does something wholly unforgivable, and I don't think anyone places felony drug offenses in that category, the university should uphold its end of the agreement.

And there is no question that Jamal Lewis is a legend, regardless of how broadly you define the term.

He's served his debt to society. He's a VFL and a legend. No one should have a problem with this.

i remember growing up wearing 31 in little league....down here in sofla nobody had any clue who number 31 was at the time but i tried my best to emulate him on the field as a 11 year old lol

VN Store

Back