Phil Steele picks Vols to Win

Ericvol2096

Quiz'N'Vol
On ESPN just now.

24-16 is his predicted score.

He said on our common opponents that we are plus 100 or so more yards per game than Missouri and hold a significant point advantage as well.

Said our difficult schedule has helped our young team grow and that we are playing our best right now.

They acted like AJ Johnson not playing was no big deal.

Think they aren't giving that enough weight.

I like us to win 28-24.

Reactions: 14 people
On ESPN just now.

He said on our common opponents that we are plus 100 or so more yards per game than Missouri and hold a significant point advantage as well.

Said our difficult schedule has helped our young team grow and that we are playing our best right now.

I like us to win 28-24.

23-21 in an exciting victory by late game field goal.

I feel like we should throw out all stats for this team pre Dobbs starting at quarterback. It's an entirely different team now.

Reactions: 18 people
On ESPN just now.

I like us to win 28-24.

Nah. Barnett, magitt, and reeves-maybin have it covered. Getting jakob in there as well won't be as big of a drop off as perceived by Vol faithful.

Reactions: 10 people
I'm going bold here. Dobbs has a break out game. Yes, better then SC, and our defense comes ready. 38-10 Vols. Book it.

A better game than SC would be an all-time great game. Pretty silly to predict that. I wouldn't predict better numbers than he had in the SC game if we were playing Maryville High.

Reactions: 2 people
A better game than SC would be an all-time great game. Pretty silly to predict that. I wouldn't predict better numbers than he had in the SC game if we were playing Maryville High.

I think that game was one in a million. Being there to witness that was even better. Him favoriting my tweet about the past two games was funny.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-15-23-35-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-15-23-35-34.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: 17 people

Dobbs could have had another 500 total yards game if he played against Kentucky for another quarter. He only played for 45 minutes on Saturday.

Reactions: 7 people

The only way he gets close to those numbers is if Mizz is scoring quickly and often. Those numbers only come if it is a huge shootout, or your coach is a total douche in a blowout, or you play in the big 12 (which is a combination of the the 2).

Reactions: 6 people
Picking the Vols to, the game may come down to who has the ball last. Mizzou has a lot on the line in this one. :crossfingers:

Reactions: 1 person
Nah. Barnett, magitt, and reeves-maybin have it covered. Getting jakob in there as well won't be as big of a drop off as perceived by Vol faithful.

You don't lose your team's top tackler and get better. Hopefully the learning curve for JJ won't be steep and prolonged.

Reactions: 1 person
You don't lose your team's top tackler and get better. Hopefully the learning curve for JJ won't be steep and prolonged.

A.J. is probably worth 50 yards of defense. I completely pulled that stat out of my ass, but it seems reasonable, eh?

23-21 in an exciting victory by late game field goal.

I'd rather see 23-20 with a late field goal. This way if Medley misses we can go to OT. I know he's made some big kicks, but he's also missed his fair share. I get nervous everytime he kicks.

I'd rather see 23-20 with a late field goal. This way if Medley misses we can go to OT. I know he's made some big kicks, but he's also missed his fair share. I get nervous everytime he kicks.

He's 16 of 22 (72.7%) on FGs and 32 of 33 on XPs. I think the place kicking game is in pretty good hands.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back