Next Up Jakob Johnson

Mick

Mr. Orange
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
If he comes in and kills it or makes a big play, I wonder if anyone here will be criticizing CBJ for not benching A.J...

Reactions: 24 people
Yah-cub is going to be fine. He will be a great player for us. He has a great frame for that middle backer position, and I think he's going to hopefully add 15 more lbs in the offseason.

He should be okay against Mizzou. If anything we are going to miss AJ's vocal presence and leadership.

Reactions: 4 people
If he comes in and kills it or makes a big play, I wonder if anyone here will be criticizing CBJ for not benching A.J...

I don't think so. AJ is a tackling machine and leader of the defense in the country's most challenging conference. He has been named All-SEC 2 years in a row and an All-American candidate. If J Johnson accomplishes what AJ has done, then we'll all breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy watching his play.

Reactions: 3 people
AJ has played like an All-American all year and will be missed. My curiosity throughout the season was who will fill his shoes next year. We will find out soon and Jakob Johnson has had a lot of praise from the coaching staff since stepping on campus.

I for one am looking forward for his opportunity to play.

UT defense carrying 'next man up' approach in AJ Johnson's absence | The Daily Beacon
This guy is solid as a rock, may not be as big as AJ, but he was out lifting all other linebackers in the weight room during fall training camp. He lays some wicked licks as well...

Reactions: 3 people
It was during garbage time in 4th quarter and was their second string RB Kemp or whomever but J Johnson tackled him from behind coming from the other side on an outside run. It was pretty impressive catch up speed for a MLB

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
AJ has played like an All-American all year and will be missed. My curiosity throughout the season was who will fill his shoes next year. We will find out soon and Jakob Johnson has had a lot of praise from the coaching staff since stepping on campus.

I for one am looking forward for his opportunity to play.

UT defense carrying 'next man up' approach in AJ Johnson's absence | The Daily Beacon

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/203278-14-fl-lb-jakob-johnson-ut.html

If he is indeed A.J.'s replacement, then he gets a 3 game early start. MIssouri, Vandy & Bowl game.

However; I don't see him holding the job down next season. I think Cherry will take the job from him, at some point next season, especially if Cherry is an "EE" and shows up for class in January.

Eight months in the weight room & spring practice. Watch out, Cherry will be a starter as a true freshman. Being a linebacker is mostly instincts and reactions, so if his strength is up to par, he will be fine as a freshman.

If he is indeed A.J.'s replacement, then he gets a 3 game early start. MIssouri, Vandy & Bowl game.

However; I don't see him holding the job down next season. I think Cherry will take the job from him, at some point next season, especially if Cherry is an "EE" and shows up for class in January.

Eight months in the weight room & spring practice. Watch out, Cherry will be a starter as a true freshman. Being a linebacker is mostly instincts and reactions, so if his strength is up to par, he will be fine as a freshman.
uhhhhhh, cherry is decommitting and apparently going to the other UT. sorry to be the bearer of bad news on this. per his twitter and 247 if you need a link

Based on the info in the recruiting forum, it looks like it won't be Cherry.

Cherry is good as gone.

I'd think Weatherd would get some snaps at Mike with the mobile QB. Maybe I'm wrong though.

VN Store

Back