TN vs Mizzou Stat Rankings

Snakebrown13

I saw some of these posted various places, but never in a spot together.

TN/MIZZOU:

Scoring Offense: 28.6 points per game (No. 69)
Scoring offense: 29.3 points per game, (No. 64)
Scoring Defense: 24.1 points per game (No. 45)
Scoring defense: 20.1 points per game, (No. 16)
Pass Offense: 241.8 yards per game (No. 53)
Passing offense: 178.4 yards per game, No. 107
Pass Defense: 199.5 yards per game (No. 31)
Passing defense: 209.0 yards per game, (No. 35)
Rush Offense: 139.7 yards per game (No. 97)
Rushing offense: 177.4 yards per game, (No. 53)
Rush Defense: 164.2 yards per game (No. 65)
Rushing defense: 131.6 yards per game, (No. 29)

you can draw some interesting info from this IMO:
1.I think we can move the ball on them as UGA/A&M did. it will be a problem for them to cover our guys if we can slow down their DEs.
2. They rely on their Rushing Offense, but it still isn't great, and we will be the best D they've faced since only gaining 119 yrds on FL.

thoughts?

TN/MIZZOU:

1.I think we can move the ball on them as UGA/A&M did. it will be a problem for them to cover our guys if we can slow down their DEs.
2. They rely on their Rushing Offense, but it still isn't great, and we will be the best D they've faced since only gaining 119 yrds on FL.

thoughts?
We Gon Whip Dey AZZ!

Reactions: 1 person
The fact is that we are a much different team right now than we were the first part of the season. I feel that our stats are very misleading.

Reactions: 7 people
Yeah they have played a much MUCH easier schedule too.

Honestly their offense doesnt scare me at all. They cant hang with us offensively. We will score points.

No doubt that this game will be a good measuring stick on where our team is at late in the season compared to earlier.

GBO

TN/MIZZOU:

thoughts?

IMO, only relevant offensive stats for UT are since Dobbs became the starting QB.

Reactions: 2 people
IMO, only relevant offensive stats for UT are since Dobbs became the starting QB.

I would agree with this, which is what I get most frustrated about when going to other boards the past couple of weeks. All they talk about are season long stats offensively, but don't look at the past few weeks.

I would agree with this, which is what I get most frustrated about when going to other boards the past couple of weeks. All they talk about are season long stats offensively, but don't look at the past few weeks.

UT has gained over 1100 yards offense in two weeks with Dobbs under center. 655 vs USC and 511 vs UK in those games the running game has average over 200 yards and the pass offense has average nearly 300 yards. Dobbs has completely transformed this offense. Because of his dual threat ability, defenses can no longer pin their ears back and run downhill at the O-line lest they give up a big run from Dobbs. Because defenses have to honor the run now it helps open the playbook up in passing and rushing. Make no mistake about it, the offense is a completely different animal with Dobbs and I love it.

Missouri's DE's get around the corner really quickly. If Worley was still the QB, I would be much more worried. I just think AstroDobbs can hurt them with his legs if the pocket collapses.

The only stat that matters is the score at the end of the game.

Unfortunately for us it wont be in our favor. They have 4-5 year guys that have quality coaching and stability. Pinkel can evaluate talent with the nest of them.

At this point in time they are just the better team. We may be playing better than them on offense but that is it.

Unfortunately for us it wont be in our favor. They have 4-5 year guys that have quality coaching and stability. Pinkel can evaluate talent with the nest of them.

At this point in time they are just the better team. We may be playing better than them on offense but that is it.

You seem to be attempting to troll with the "nest" of them.

Reactions: 1 person

TN/MIZZOU:

thoughts?

Run the numbers vs. common opponents…I think that'll be more interesting

Or just in conference play.

That would work too. But considering we haven't played different opponents within the conference I don't know what conclusions you could actually draw from that. They haven't had to play Alabama or Ol' Miss. Like wise we didn't play Texas A&M. Common opponents are more likely to give you a better indication on how the teams compare. But I wouldn't scoff at a comparison in league play. Those would be interesting too- it would be more telling then national rankings for sure.

You better turn that attitude around if you're going to be known as AstroDobbs.

VN Store

Back