How about Tennessee facing Texas in a bowl game?

One guy on ESPN is predicting Texas will play Texas A&M in the AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl and the other guy has them playing South Carolina in the Liberty Bowl

Been wanting us to play Texas for years. The marketing literally writes itself. This game would be a huge sellout and get a ton of national recognition.

Been wanting us to play Texas for years. The marketing literally writes itself. This game would be a huge sellout and get a ton of national recognition.

There would be story lines like how Charlie Strong just got beat by the school he turned down.

Especially since Cecil Cherry is a Texas lean now. Winner gets Cherry!

Please no the have that Dalton Santos guy on their team he is a mixture of Ray Lewis, Dick Butkiss, Clay Mathews and Patrick Willis all into one. I want no part of that!!!

The SEC reportedly does not want TAMU to face Texas in a bowl game this year. Might that free up a match up between the Horns and the Vols in either the Liberty or the Texas bowl?

CFB AM: SEC is reportedly afraid of Texas A&M Aggies facing Texas Longhorns in bowl game | FOX Sports

This is completely untrue and fabricated by people who are ignorant to the goings on within the SEC and TAMU administrative and athletic offices.

The University's position has been, and will remain, that we will gladly play them at any time at any location.

I hope that clears that up for the skeptics and conspiracy theorists that have "sources".

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Jumping Jack Jesus, you honestly believed something Chip Brown typed? My God dude.

Reactions: 4 people
I said this a couple of weeks ago. Looked like we may play Texas or Cincinnati. Now looks like we could possibly end up playing Miami, Michigan, OK St, or Penn St also. Every single one of these would be intriguing. :popcorn:

Of course.

I think it would be cheaply coordinated and a manufactured production of what used to genuinely be from ESPN, but I'd go.

I wouldn't think A&M would be scared to play the Longhorns. Would you go to the Texas Bowl to see A&M play Texas?

I would not, and I live in Texas, but a lot of people sure would. I hated to see the A&M vs Texas game go away in the first place.

Cecil is gone, enter Darrin Kirkland Jr.......PLEASE go to the Texas Bowl!! I live in Houston and will for sure be attending if that is in fact our post-season destination!

Reactions: 1 person
We have been to Texas before... Without people like Sam Houston and Davy Crockett the would be a northern province of Mexico still. So please, there is UTSr and utjr and anyone with middle school history knows which is which. Go Vols

Reactions: 2 people
Cecil is gone, enter Darrin Kirkland Jr.......PLEASE go to the Texas Bowl!! I live in Houston and will for sure be attending if that is in fact our post-season destination!

As another current Houston resident, I selfishly would love for our Vols to play here. I could WALK to the game.

No way, Jose.
I'd rather see the Vols knock off a ranked team to close out the season.

VN Store

Back