ESPN put out their week 13 Bowl predictions

I like either matchup. The MCB is traditionally freezing, and Miami plays like crap in the cold.

On the other hand, if they both have us in the MCB, you have to think they are implying that we lose this game at home, because a 7-5 Tennessee that's middle-of-the-pack in the SEC would play in a better bowl.

Still some good football left for the SEC in general, and we might win out, so these things can change.

Reactions: 2 people
Miami would be a lot tougher than Iowa

I seem to remember the last time we rebounded from some tough years, we went out and beat Miami like a rented mule down in New Orleans.

That would be a nice parallel to show the world we're coming back.

Reactions: 7 people
I like the one guys prediction that has Georgia Tech playing Mississippi State in the Orange Bowl.

Hopefully we can get Miami and we can get their players to talk shyt like last time we played , esp a TE " We are soldiers"

Reactions: 2 people
I feel like things would really have to pan out well for us to go to the outback bowl. just doesn't seem realistic to me.

I will gladly eat my words if we do though :D

Agreed, Duke Johnson is a stud and their young QB can sling it. Miami would be a worrisome matchup IMO.

Actually had a debate on whether Tennessee would win this matchup with a friend that is a Miami fan. He believes Miami is a whole lot better team than we are. I argued our schedule has been a lot tougher and we are more battle tested than they are. I'd love the matchup with Miami personally and think we would win.

Hopefully we can get Miami and we can get their players to talk shyt like last time we played , esp a TE " We are soldiers"

It would be fun Miami doesn't travel to any Bowl games so there would probably be 25 Miami fans in Nashville for that. Kellen Winslow Jr was an overrated punk. His i'm a soldier comment made me laugh my arse off.

Reactions: 1 person
It would be fun Miami doesn't travel to any Bowl games so there would probably be 25 Miami fans in Nashville for that. Kellen Winslow Jr was an overrated punk. His i'm a soldier comment made me laugh my arse off.

That was it I'm a soldier.. Something bout soldiers.. Destroyed that theory, more like toy soldiers that afternoon..

Would like to be in MCB and play VT or Penn St, or Clemson. After watching Miami don't know if I want them. Miami played a good game Saturday because they played FSU but don't know if that same team will show up for Nashville. I would not want to face GT with their triple option crap.

Actually had a debate on whether Tennessee would win this matchup with a friend that is a Miami fan. He believes Miami is a whole lot better team than we are. I argued our schedule has been a lot tougher and we are more battle tested than they are. I'd love the matchup with Miami personally and think we would win.

Miami being a "whole lot better" is a stretch. It would definitely be a winnable game and fun to watch.

No way we get Outback. No way.

They traditionally have 8 win teams in at the minimum. Yeah, we travel well, we're a hot team, etc.. but Georgia (9 prob 10 wins), Ole Miss (9 or 10 wins), Auburn (8 maybe 9 wins), either TxAM or LSU (8 wins) are more attractive than at the best a 7 win Tennessee.

VN Store

Back