Tennessee opinion question

If Tennessee goes 8-5 will they be ranked in the top 25 in the 2015 preseason poll?

• Total voters

Dave1967

Do you think if Tennessee finishes 8-5 that they will be a preseason top 25 team in 2015? I think if UT goes 8-5 this season they'll be ranked from #20-#25 in the 2015 preseason poll

I think if we win out and bowl then...yes. That shows marked improvement from last year and voters will be paying attention. But we will have to perform well and win convincingly early on to stay there. It feels good to look forward with hope but the game this Saturday is key! We have to win if we want the positive attention to build!

A lot will be depended upon who we play in the bowl game. If we win out, beating a ranked Mizzou team and then a ranked bowl opponent, I think we absolutely begin next season in the top 25. Even if we aren't preseason top 25, I think we will finish being ranked next year. Been awhile!

I haven't looked this up but is UT currently listed in the "Others Receiving Votes" in any of the polls?

I would think with such a strong finish, the number of returning players and the potential star power of Dobbs, they would be very likely to be ranked in the pre-season polls.

One of the good things about playing in the SEC is if you win, you climb the polls rapidly. Look at Miss State this season.

I think UT's 2015 schedule, with OU at home, allows UT to start out of the gate strong.

I'm between yes and maybe. I'm snake bitten after getting my hopes way up when Tennessee was ranked going into playing Florida with Dooley. That game still stings.

VN Store

Back