Some thoughts on Maty Mauk you may be interested to know.....

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Let me first apologize to VN, as I feel like I've been starting a lot of threads lately. But it's late, I'm bored, and I decided to check some stats for Maty Mauk this year. What I found is..... interesting to say the least:

-As it stands right now, Mauk has only 200 more passing yards than Justin Worley. Note that Worley was injured over a month ago.

-He has thrown as many interceptions as Jeff Driskel.

-He has a lower completion percentage than Johnny McCrary from Vandy.

-Statistically, he's the worst SEC QB we have faced this year besides Driskel/Harris.
(Technically he has more passing yards than Mason from UGA, but Mason's metrics are dramatically better)

-He's a dual-threat, mobile QB who has rushed for 10 more yards than Josh Dobbs.... for the year.... seriously check the stats.

-He also rushes for 2 less yards per carry than Dobbs.

-He has 1 rushing TD on the year, Justin Worley has 3.

Here's the link to the stats if you want to see them for yourself.

2014 SEC College Football Individual Statistics Leaders for Passing - ESPN

Reactions: 39 people
Let me first apologize to VN, as I feel like I've been starting a lot of threads lately. But it's late, I'm bored, and I decided to check some stats for Maty Mauk this year. What I found is..... interesting to say the least:

-As it stands right now, Mauk has only 200 more passing yards than Justin Worley. Note that Worley was injured over a month ago.

-He has thrown as many interceptions as Jeff Driskel.

-He has a lower completion percentage than Johnny McCrary from Vandy.

-Statistically, he's the worst SEC QB we have faced this year besides Driskel/Harris.
(Technically he has more passing yards than Mason from UGA, but Mason's metrics are dramatically better)

-He's a dual-threat, mobile QB who has rushed for 10 more yards than Josh Dobbs.... for the year.... seriously check the stats.

-He also rushes for 2 less yards per carry than Dobbs.

-He has 1 rushing TD on the year, Justin Worley has 3.

Here's the link to the stats if you want to see them for yourself.

2014 SEC College Football Individual Statistics Leaders for Passing - ESPN
Soo, he sucks? :)

Reactions: 15 people
Haha apparently.

I think I'm so surprised because 1) they're 8-2 with him at the helm and 2) I was under the impression he is a baller. Seems I was wrong.

He seems to be baller enough to get some things done. He has a good supporting cast that somehow wins. But it won't help this weekend...:thumbsup:

Reactions: 5 people
I almost feel like if I say anything hopeful about our chances or something negative about Mauk he is going to show up out of nowhere Saturday and look like a Heisman contender in our own stadium. This is the cautious, superstitious me though.

Reactions: 9 people
Maty leads a scrappy team with a good defense that believe in themselves. That is why they are 8-2. We are building our confidence thanks to a coaching staff that gets these guys to buy in. It's going to be a tough game. I said earlier. If we can get off to a great start, I think we are good. If we let Mizzou get off to a great start, we might be in some trouble. Their D has some swagger. Go Vols! UT 31 to 34 Mizzou 27 to 28

Reactions: 1 person
Oh Great...thanks OP...now he is due for his career game vs us

Mauk 2013 rushing stats for the year were 36 rushes for 160 yards.
aganist us last year he rushed 13 times for 113 yards.
So I thought he would be a heisman candidate this year after our game (until I looked at the rest of the story) but also his passing stats had him % around 50 one of lowest in SEC in 2013. So our D was just bad last year at Columbia. Also they list him as 6 foot but Danielson said he's more like 5 foot 10, said keep him in the pocket and he becomes an interception machine.

Last edited:
Missouri plays solid in all other phases and Mauk has made plays when he has had to. You can stare at his stats all day but unless team 118 plays sound ball in all phases we will struggle to beat them. Many of the teams they beat beat themselves more than anything. That is often how a sound football team capitolizes. It's akin to us beating USC. USC had total control of sealing their win against us and failed at critical times to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Missouri plays solid in all other phases and Mauk has made plays when he has had to. You can stare at his stats all day but unless team 118 plays sound ball in all phases we will struggle to beat them. Many of the teams they beat beat themselves more than anything. That is often how a sound football team capitolizes. It's akin to us beating USC. USC had total control of sealing thier win against us and failed at critical times to do so.

Also South Carolina has one of the worst defenses in football, enough to easily balance out how effective/efficient their offense is.

So like, bizarro version of the team we're getting ready to play.

Also South Carolina has one of the worst defenses in football, enough to easily balance out how effective/efficient their offense is.

So like, bizarro version of the team we're getting ready to play.

Basically yes except Missouri also has very sound special teams and a defense that scores. It isn't just good defense in other words.

Haha apparently.

I think I'm so surprised because 1) they're 8-2 with him at the helm and 2) I was under the impression he is a baller. Seems I was wrong.

He is a baller, they just lack the talent they had last season at WR and RB. Even his offensive line is rebuilt from last season.

They have some ability but very limited when compared to last season.

If the defense doesn't play sound fundamental football and gang tackle, they could give up a lot of yards and points to Mizzou.

VN Store

Back