What Other Message Boards Are Saying: Mizzou Edition

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
I delayed this thread for a day or two after my normal posting, for obvious reasons. But AJ isn't playing this Saturday one way or the other, there's nothing we can do about it, and the week must go on. For whoever hasn't noticed, we are THE game Saturday night. Mizzou knows it and their fans are ready.

I'm going to start this by venting. Everything about finding Mizzou message boards is awful. Of the decent boards you can find, none of them have any activity. I saw a thread on one board right after the opening line was released, a UT fan started a thread about how he hopes that means it will be a good game. No one has posted in that thread or on that board in general since. The only board where I saw consistent posting looks like this:

So that's what I'm dealing with. Anyways, here's what the Mizzou faithful are saying about this weekend's game in Neyland:

-First thread I saw was titled "I'm more worried about Arkansas at home than Tenn on the road."

-They have an abundance of confidence in their front 7.

-They think Dobbs is very overhyped, and they believe their D-line will expose his weaknesses and shut him down.

-Example:
Their defense scares me much more than Dobbs or their offense. I'd put our defense up against anybody.

-They all pretty consistently think it will be close, but I haven't seen a single poster that doesn't think they will win.

-There is a thread titled "Volnation extremely confident of blowout Saturday"..... not sure what they're referencing. I haven't seen too much talk like that from our fans.

-More on Dobbs:
Just pretty much do what we did last year when we held them to 3 points. He was 26/42 for 240 yards but had 2 INT's. Not too awfully concerned about Dobbs. He's ok but he's not all world. Hell, Allen arguably is a bigger threat and QB.

-They are taking a lot of pride in the likelihood of being considered a "football school" now.

-They are very upset and feel disrespected over the opening line that has UT favored by 3.

-More on the opening line, they are saying it only opened like that because "Tennessee is the new media darlings." Also referred to Tennessee on a few occasions as "flavor of the week."

-They posted these stats as a way of making fun of their own Mizzou fans that are scared of UT. It sarcastically said "these are scary, deflating stats"

UT Stats:
Red Zone Defense - 124 of 125
Sacks Allowed - 117 of 125
TFL Allowed - 109 of 125
Scoring Defense - 46th of 125
Rushing Defense - 64th of 125

Passing offense - 52 of 125
Passying YPC - 105 of 125
Rushing Offense - 94 of 125
Scoring offense - 66 of 125
Total offense - 78 of 125

I haven't bothered to check the validity of them, but a lot of that doesn't sound right at all. Especially red zone defense.

-I saw several instances of them quoting VP saying he feels sorry for Mizzou.

-Though their confidence lies in their D-line, the majority seem to feel they will actually dominate both lines.

-They grew a great deal of confidence in the likelihood of them winning after the news broke about AJ.

-I will say that in regards to the AJ thing, they seem to be speaking with a lot of respect for our program for suspending him. They seem surprised we would suspend our star player.

-One more on Dobbs:
It was a reason he started on the bench this season. That young man hasn't seen pressure like this all year. Alabama don't have pass rushers like we do, neither does USCe or Kentucky. I think that boy will fold.

-They are expecting this to be a repeat of their trip to Ole Miss last year, where everyone thought it would be a good match up and a tough road game for them and Mizzou ended up steamrolling them.

-Mizzou fans are essentially butthurt about the lack of respect they get as a prominent program. They are griping about us having several starters missing, saying that every game they win gets credited with them playing teams that have key players missing. They feel the world thinks they keep "backing in" to good seasons and records.

-I couldn't really get any grasp of general score predictions, only that they think they will win.

In short, they are confident. They reference their victory against us last year a LOT. For every poster that says something to the degree of "This game scares me" there are ten that will talk about all the reasons they will be dominant this game. They are definitely underestimating UT, and reference pre-Dobbs games a lot.

Before the South Carolina game I said let's go get win #1 of 4. We got it.

Before the Kentucky game I said let's go get win #2 of 4. We got it.

Let's go get win #3 of 4 and let's go bowling!

We'll discuss which bowl we're going to Saturday night!!

GBO!!!!!!

Reactions: 94 people
I just was curious of anyone has checked out what the enemy is saying about Saturday. I have Not looked, was just curious if anyone had taken a moment to investigate.

Go Vols, no matter who is playing!:rock:

Reactions: 1 person
I hope we make them unhappy. Thanks for your time in this.

Reactions: 3 people
Mizzou is scrappy but I think we hold advantage on every matchup except our Oline vs their DEs. But Dobbs will help to mitigate that and we may very well end the day with more sacks. Distractions for us and two long travel road games for them.

We win but it should be fairly close unless we get a good early lead and then we can turn on the heat.

Orange fist to the tigers face, Dobbs running all over the place, fans going nuts, not a single fan setting on their butts, neylands roar just to much tigers fold I love my vols it never gets old, so do the hokiepokie better think twice b4 u mess with old Smokey

Reactions: 14 people
"-Mizzou fans are essentially butthurt about the lack of respect they get as a prominent program. They are griping about us having several starters missing, saying that every game they win gets credited with them playing teams that have key players missing. They feel the world thinks they keep "backing in" to good seasons and records. "

Mizzou is going to have to do a lot to convince me this isn't a valid analysis. This is my summary of Mizzou football the last two years. It will be the same if they win this weekend - I will blame the major midweek distraction as much as anything else. I think Mizzou is garbage and a bottom feeder and will return there once Tennessee and Florida's programs stabilize.

Reactions: 14 people
Good Job Op, I just posted a thread asking if anyone had heard anyone on the other side speaking, thanks for letting me know.

Reactions: 1 person
They are overestimating a team that appears mediocre because of the weak schedule they've played.

They HAVE backed into good seasons both this year and last. I hope UT can capitalize on its advantages and wear Mizzou out.

This is a VERY important corner turning game and maybe even more so without AJ. We will basically see the team that UT returns in '15 on Saturday.

Reactions: 10 people
They are overestimating a team that appears mediocre because of the weak schedule they've played.

They HAVE backed into good seasons both this year and last. I hope UT can capitalize on its advantages and wear Mizzou out.

This is a VERY important corner turning game and maybe even more so without AJ. We will basically see the team that UT returns in '15 on Saturday.

This is something that the entire Vol fanbase needs to be aware of. This is a big deal.

Reactions: 5 people
I checked and the 124 out of 125 in red zone D is correct. 24 out of 25 times an opponents been to the RZ they've scored.

Red Zone D for what?

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back