Practice 11/18

Fingers

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhocwBOZZOQ[/youtube]

Fast Five
1. No clues in open period on who plays middle linebacker in AJ's absence.
2. No clues on who on who plays for Williams, either. TKjr will start for Randolph
3. Hurd, Lane, North in green.
4. Jones was "peeved" at his punt team
5. Jones got on to Cortez McDowell zigging instead of zagging.

Fast Five: Tuesday practice

Curt Maggitt practiced with a wrap/brace on his left arm and worked exclusively with the defensive linemen, despite the absence of A.J. Johnson

On the injury front, center Mack Crowder (high-ankle sprain, knee sprain) was not seen at practice.

Trevarris Saulsberry (knee) worked on the side in street clothes with a trainer, running with a brace on his left knee. Corey Vereen practiced with a brace on his right knee.

Dylan Wiesman worked with Joshua Dobbs, Coleman Thomas worked with Nathan Peterman and Marcus Jackson worked with Mike Wegzyn. Kyler Kerbyson also worked with Devin Smith, the fourth quarterback on roster.

Pearson returned kicks.

https://tennessee.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1705957

MAGGITT: we had great focus today. We had a great practice today.

DOBBS: They have a stout defensive line. They play great team football.
DOBBS: Dylan and I and roommates, he's done a lot of good things on the practice field. We have good chemistry. He will be ready to go.
DOBBS: I remember a lot from last year with Missouri, it was my first start.
DOBBS: it's a big game, we have a lot at stake, we are looking for win #6
DOBBS: We are trying to get six wins, we are focused on our goals, we are not worried about being a spoiler.

WILLIAMS: It's going to be emotional, last time playing with my brothers at home. But I will attack it the same way.
WILLIAMS: We are focused on the week. I really appreciate the fans and really appreciate Tennessee football.
WILLIAMS: Right now, they are in our way to get to a bowl game, we are in their way to get the SEC Championship.It's going to be a good game
WILLIAMS: Mauk is a mobile quarterback. We have to contain and affect him.
WILLIAMS: The fans have stuck with us. That's what sticks with us.

JONES on the suspensions: It's very difficult, but it's the situation we're in.
JONES: We had a very spirited, very physical practice. I actually cut it short because of how physical it was.
JONES: Dylan Wiesman has worked very hard, we're going to need him to step up.
JONES: We're going to need to grow up in a hurry. TK is going to have to step up, and I expect he will.
JONES: Moseley continues to step up at corner. His confidence is growing and we'll need him.
JONES on Barnett: It's been very impressive, his growth and maturity. He brings it every day. He had one of his better practices of the year
JONES on Barnett: We're very excited about the last three games with him and the future at the position.
JONES on Jacob Johnson: He's a work in progress, he puts in the extra time in practice and film study.
JONES: If you look at our schedule, it was a challenge from the get-go. Nearly every opponent has the chance to be in a bowl game.
JONES: This freshman class is different. Their mindset is different.
JONES: We're very proud of Jordan Williams. He's played his best football this year.
JONES on Dobbs: The confidence and live opportunities last year have really benefitted him this year. He's continued to grow and develop.

Dustin Dopirak
Jones says Crowder's status is closer to doubtful now.

Jones: "We'll rely heavily on Jakob Johnson, Cortez McDowell, and Kenny Bynum," at linebacker.

Patrick Brown
#Vols Cam Sutton on off-field stuff: 'Definitely not a distraction. We're here to play football. We don't let that stuff get to us.'

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99YAYfxmKho[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99YAYfxmKho[/youtube]

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 people
Hmm thanks for posting.. I don't know why Von Pearson is JUST now getting reps as a kick returner, but why now - Evan Berry is doing a fine job.

Reactions: 10 people
Hmm thanks for posting.. I don't know why Von Pearson is JUST now getting reps as a kick returner, but why now - Evan Berry is doing a fine job.

Thought Evan was injured in the Kentucky game?? Maybe ankle or something was mentioned

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhocwBOZZOQ[/youtube]

Fast Five
1. No clues in open period on who plays middle linebacker in AJ's absence.
2. No clues on who on who plays for Williams, either. TKjr will start for Randolph
3. Hurd, Lane, North in green.
4. Jones was "peeved" at his punt team
5. Jones got on to Cortez McDowell zigging instead of zagging.

Seems no one gets the I can't comment any farther part lol

Reactions: 1 person

Surely they mean returning punts. You're right, Berry is doing great, averaging 31 yards per return, no reason to put anyone other than him back there.

North's back is still bothering him a bit. Smart of the coaches to keep practice light for him. Because of adrenalin, the pain goes away in the game, but is felt throughout the week. His number has not been called a lot lately. When it is, we know he's back to 100%. He's been used more as a decoy the last couple of games. Watching film, Mizzou is well aware of this now. It would be smart to throw to him early to confuse their defensive scheme. A couple of quick screens early would baffle their defensive backs.

Thanx for info. Well, at least they are saying all the right things. Now, let's see how it translates to the field under the bright lights of reality.
Can we win...why sure we can. Will we...why sure we will. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :yes: :superman:

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back