Fowler and Herbstreit Calling the Mizzou Game

mrredskin

That Guy aka WattsBarBro
Just found it to be pretty interesting and a break from the BS in most of the other threads.

I was beginning to think Stinchcomb was our personal announcer. I like these two but Todd B and Brad Nessler are probably my favorites.

Reactions: 6 people
The worst part is all the rape allegations that will be talked about every 5 minutes pregame. During the game they'll key on plays that AJ might have made. I just hope our team can stay focused and pull this one out with all the distractions.

Reactions: 4 people
I actually like those guys but it seems strange for them to be calling this game. :question:

GO VOLS!

Gameday is at the Harvard/Yale game this week. The saturday prime time game on ABC,which they usually call, is USC/UCLA. Don't want to fly across the country after gameday.

Reactions: 2 people
The worst part is all the rape allegations that will be talked about every 5 minutes pregame. During the game they'll key on plays that AJ might have made. I just hope our team can stay focused and pull this one out with all the distractions.

Herby will keep it on the level. It will be mentioned that AJ, a key Vol player, is out but not much further than that.

Reactions: 3 people
When's the last time fowler called a game in Knoxville? We just need to give them good things to talk about! Go Vols!!!

Gameday is at the Harvard/Yale game this week. The saturday prime time game on ABC,which they usually call, is USC/UCLA. Don't want to fly across the country after gameday.

Thanks B VOL for the info! I get it now. :hi:

GO VOLS!

Even though he is a OSU homer, Herbstreit is one of the few at ESPN that will give UT some love. Looking forward to him and Fowler in the booth this week.

Reactions: 1 person
Even though he is a OSU homer, Herbstreit is one of the few at ESPN that will give UT some love. Looking forward to him and Fowler in the booth this week.

I don't find Herbstreit to be that big of a homer. Hell OSU fans ran him out of Columbus because they thought he was too negative towards OSU.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
I don't find Herbstreit that big of a homer. Hell OSU fans ran him out of Columbus because they thought he was too negative towards OSU.

Homer may not have been the right term. He's objective enough to be a good analyst and broadcaster, but he's still a OSU alum/former player. It's hard to give the guy too much credit with those credentials lol.

Herbstreit was recruited by UT and he gave serious consideration to Tennessee before picking tOSU as his school of choice.

Herb does a great job calling games, Fowler sucks.
Even though they dont call SEC games Gus Johnson and Charles Davis are my favorite.

Reactions: 3 people
Brock Huard does us OK also. They :thumbsup:know....yea they all know what's comin'.....

giphy.gif

Soon...

At least Bob is for the Vols. Sometimes i can't take Bob and listen to the opponent's play by play guys,like i did during the UK game.

Sometimes you can't even tell Bob is excited about the vols. He doesn't evoke the same feelings of excitement that John Ward did. I'm not hating on Bob, but it's true

VN Store

Back