3 and done

IndianapolisVol

(Volunteer) Basketball Mod
Look guys, it's not the ideal thing for us as fans, but as far as recruiting goes, it's major bragging rights.

On this team I think Sutton, Barnett, Wolf, North, Jalen, maybe TK jr and possibly Malone could have a shot at leaving early.

Not saying it's ideal, but it's cool to see such an influx in young talent in comparison to years past. Butch is a heckuva recruiter and now that our offense is finally clicking I feel optimistic being Vol fan for the first time since maybe '07. We are once again becoming a pro factory after a few slow years.

Look guys, it's not the ideal thing for us as fans, but as far as recruiting goes, it's major bragging rights.

On this team I think Sutton, Barnett, Wolf, North, Jalen, maybe TK jr and possibly Malone could have a shot at leaving early.

Not saying it's ideal, but it's cool to see such an influx in young talent in comparison to years past. Butch is a heckuva recruiter and now that our offense is finally clicking it's an exciting time to be a Vol fan for the first time since maybe '07. We are once again becoming a pro factory after a few slow years.

Who are you and what have you done to IndianapolisVol? :)

Reactions: 5 people
It would be hard to blame them for taking the payday but I sure hope they stay until they're completely out of eligibility.

Not saying it's ideal, but it's cool to see such an influx in young talent in comparison to years past. Butch is a heckuva recruiter and now that our offense is finally clicking I feel optimistic being Vol fan for the first time since maybe '07. We are once again becoming a pro factory after a few slow years.

As of today I would buy Sutton, Barnett Jalen and maybe Wolf. Haven't seen enough of TK Jr.. As for Malone he has talent but has a long way to go. This time last year North would have been at the top of the list but now I'm not so sure. Puzzling...............

Last edited:

We certainly are recruiting at a championship level. From evaluating and signing underrated guys to inking big names, coach is getting the horses to compete.

As for those guys mentioned. Sutton and Barnett are the only ones leaving early imo. With the way we spread the ball around... its hard to become a feature WR. Malone and North will both be here 4 years.

Jalen will be not be given a high round grade regardless of how many years he stays here because of his height. So he will stay 4.

TKJr... probably 4 year guy.

if Evan Berry moves to the slot position... he could be gone in 3.
E Moseley could also be a 3 and done guy...

However, a lot of these guys want to win a championship, and be known for the turnaround of the program. Quite a few will stay around 4 and 5 years.

As of today I would buy Sutton, Barnett Jalen and maybe Wolf. Haven't seen enough of TK Jr.. As for Malone he has talent but has a long way to go. This time last year North would have been at the top of the list but now I'm not so sure. Puzzling...............

I don't think North has fully healed yet. He might have tried to come back too early. :thumbsup:

North has bee dinged up. With the amount of talent we have at wr you have to be in perfect health to have a chance, look at how badly pearson disappeared. We have so many talented guys that theres too many options for somebody whos not at 100% to have a chance. Look at last week, we had 297 yards in the air and only 20 of them went to hurd, north and malone. Thats crazy seeing as theyre considered by many to be 3 of our top 4 threats.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe I'm not positive enough but based on performance so far Barnett and Sutton only at this point ....all could change of course due to injury, breakout year, etc.,,,STILL A LONG LONG WAY TO GO....

You forgot Dormady.

Dormady?
You forgot Astro Dobbs - the Dak Prescott for next year! 11-1, Heisman, "he gone" and already with a degree by then probably!

Just to make room for Dormady to even be play.

All these guys are not leaving after 3 years. I say the only possibilities would be Sutton and Barnett

At this pace I think Sutton and Barnett are guaranteed 1st rounders. It wouldn't shock me if both were top 10 picks honestly. If Barnett keeps improving, and I know this is crazy and premature, but I could see him going first overall. DE is the 2nd most important position in the NFL now.

so what. butch will replace them with other talent. butch gets it.

You missed the point.

3 and dones are good for the program. Essentially, it means we had an all conference guy, and that our coaches have one more selling point to recruits.

I'm not sure about Hurd. This isn't about his talent, but rather how the NFL views the RB position these days. It wasn't until the 22nd pick in the 2nd round that a running back was taken in the NFL draft this year.

With that said, I would love for Hurd to stay 4 years. He has "it!"

It's all about regaining our NFL football factory image

I think 8 of our 11 offensive players from 2012 were on NFL active rosters to start the season. 9 if you want to count Da'Rick. We are still a NFL football factory. Now we are about to start unloading defensive players into the NFL again.

I think 8 of our 11 offensive players from 2012 were on NFL active rosters to start the season. 9 if you want to count Da'Rick. We are still a NFL football factory. Now we are about to start unloading defensive players into the NFL again.

And we need more 1st and 2nd rounders

It's great when we have a lot if 1st and 2''s

I'm not sure about Hurd. This isn't about his talent, but rather how the NFL views the RB position these days. It wasn't until the 22nd pick in the 2nd round that a running back was taken in the NFL draft this year.

With that said, I would love for Hurd to stay 4 years. He has "it!"

Valid point, but it goes both ways. They want runningbacks with as little mileage as possible.

VN Store

Back